Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455181 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27030 on: April 09, 2011, 07:18:49 am »

Oh. I know what caused it. I got the game in the time where I knew of the horrid things vista does to program files, but before I knew how to fix it. I must have tried to stop it... And this is how it turned out.

Edit: Steam graciously allowed this sucker to redownload it, even though I did not buy it over steam in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:41:31 am by Criptfeind »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27031 on: April 09, 2011, 09:24:59 am »

The ignore user feature is pissing me off. I always have an urge to click on the click here to see comment thing...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27032 on: April 09, 2011, 09:30:00 am »

Had the urge to use the function for the first time ever, today.
Resisted it however.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27033 on: April 09, 2011, 09:30:47 am »

Had the urge to use the function for the first time ever, today.
Resisted it however.
Who were you going to use it on?

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27034 on: April 09, 2011, 09:32:05 am »

Somebody who thought he could make a joke out of moodswings coupled with depression.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27035 on: April 09, 2011, 09:33:01 am »

Somebody who thought he could make a joke out of moodswings coupled with depression.
Fair enough.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27036 on: April 09, 2011, 09:45:04 am »

Urgh, I'm hitting a brick wall in math today. Most days I handle this stuff fine, but today I'm blanking on everything.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27037 on: April 09, 2011, 10:39:09 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27038 on: April 09, 2011, 11:44:16 am »

JA2 locked up, and I don't remember how far back my last save was. I always find it difficult going back to do the exact same thing again, but I really want to play some JA2.

I also feel kinda shallow for posting this here. Doesn't really feel important, but I have an odd urge to bitch and moan for a bit.

Also, watched SuckerPunch last night. Could've been so much awesomer if they'd gone for Steam/Diesel/Cyberpunk all the way through the Film, rather than make it delusions inside delusions, all Inception style. But not as well as Inception did it.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27039 on: April 09, 2011, 12:19:32 pm »

I have a relatively huge post up and I can't send it 'cause my Internet is so damn flaky D:

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27040 on: April 09, 2011, 12:23:08 pm »

I'm thinking of releasing a shortened version of my serial killer forum game on the forums but I have a suspicion I may be muted, as the game is extremely violent...

:(

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27041 on: April 09, 2011, 12:24:36 pm »

Then message Toady and send him the OP. He should clarify what is and is not beyond the boundaries. You can always edit out the unnecessary gore to allow it on the forums.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27042 on: April 09, 2011, 12:27:07 pm »

Then message Toady and send him the OP. He should clarify what is and is not beyond the boundaries. You can always edit out the unnecessary gore to allow it on the forums.
Yeah, I've already taken out most of the sexual based stuff. I just need to go get a verification if children being killed is acceptable.

Even if the game is allowed, I'm going to have to make some major ajustments so it is suitable for a text game.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:33:02 pm by Angel Of Death »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27043 on: April 09, 2011, 01:01:19 pm »

Here's my understanding: you will only really get in trouble for it if somebody decides to report you, and then it breaks some sort of rule.
Given the hype surrounding the Serial Killer Roguelike Hoax, people here will be more likely to join in than hit that report button.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27044 on: April 09, 2011, 01:18:04 pm »

Here's my understanding: you will only really get in trouble for it if somebody decides to report you, and then it breaks some sort of rule.
Given the hype surrounding the Serial Killer Roguelike Hoax, people here will be more likely to join in than hit that report button.
Phew...
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 8167