Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1783 1784 [1785] 1786 1787 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496165 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26760 on: April 06, 2011, 10:28:56 am »

Read Baudrillards "Simulacra and Simulation."  There's no difference.

If there were no difference there wouldn't be two schizo's in my family tbh and I probably wouldn't have a huge paranoia of triggering it myself since it seems to be hereditary in our family.

Edit: I mean really, it's like I DON'T KNOW IF I'M INSANE, "Did I just see something? No? What what that? Did anyone else hear that? I'm alone. Did something just blink? Why would it blink outside my window at third floor." Rince and repeat, every ten minute, day. Last I saw a person was Monday, My contacts person here to check I'm "okay". I see no one. Can't remember when I was last on the phone and with who, why? When did I last see my mother, I'm out of food feel scared and stressed that I have to go shop.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:36:26 am by Nine »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26761 on: April 06, 2011, 10:31:35 am »

Oh god. I must have some psycho tendency's. This unnerves me..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26762 on: April 06, 2011, 10:38:35 am »

Eh, that's the status quo here.
Not being able to differ between reality and fantasy is the status quo here?
By "here" I meant my head.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26763 on: April 06, 2011, 10:40:59 am »

Eh, that's the status quo here.
Not being able to differ between reality and fantasy is the status quo here?
By "here" I meant my head.
a appropriate song i guess

Shit my dreams are out of whack but i haven't gotten enough sleep for any.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26764 on: April 06, 2011, 10:57:09 am »

I'm in the mood to fight and I can't seem to stop the urge...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #26765 on: April 06, 2011, 11:18:10 am »

Sophmore crap are just alternate names nobody uses so I don't get why people are tripped up about it.
Actually, I have never heard another student use the number name of a grade, instead always using Freshmen (9), Sophomores (10), Juniors (11), and Seniors (12) as the primary classification. Maybe it's just a western-USA-rural-town thing.

Americans schools are further complicated by the fact that there's no national system of standardization in curriculum.
Within 2 years, every high school in the states of Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska will comply with the same standards, I know that. Other states are in there too. Most of them, in fact. We're actually working really hard to catch our high schools up with the rest of the world.
It's better than changing the curriculum, grading and exam system every two years like they do here.
This is how we're doing it. When I was a freshman, I took Integrated I. That's roughly equal to Algebra I, and it was mainly about algebra with a little bit of geometry thrown in for good measure. Starting next year, the freshmen at my high school will be required to know most of what I was taught last year in Geometry, Integrated III, and Pre-Calculus. I'm a Junior this year and taking Calculus, which is something that kind of scared the administration. However, myself and the junior-who-is-my-best-friend (the one with the cluster headaches) are proving to the (incredibly doubtful) administration that it's possible for high school students to learn that much math. The curriculum for math, at least, is shifting upwards about three and a half years, and the transition is only supposed to take four. There will be changes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26766 on: April 06, 2011, 11:36:03 am »

Go to Pandora.com
Type an artist name into the box.
That's not going to help much. The only artist names I know are people whom are in the bands who I've already heard.
That's the entire idea. Pandora will take the artist or group you enter and make a playlist of all groups tagged with similar music qualities.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26767 on: April 06, 2011, 11:53:32 am »

Go to Pandora.com
Type an artist name into the box.
That's not going to help much. The only artist names I know are people whom are in the bands who I've already heard.
That's the entire idea. Pandora will take the artist or group you enter and make a playlist of all groups tagged with similar music qualities.
Sweeeeet!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26768 on: April 06, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »

If there were no difference there wouldn't be two schizo's in my family tbh and I probably wouldn't have a huge paranoia of triggering it myself since it seems to be hereditary in our family.

Edit: I mean really, it's like I DON'T KNOW IF I'M INSANE, "Did I just see something? No? What what that? Did anyone else hear that? I'm alone. Did something just blink? Why would it blink outside my window at third floor." Rince and repeat, every ten minute, day. Last I saw a person was Monday, My contacts person here to check I'm "okay". I see no one. Can't remember when I was last on the phone and with who, why? When did I last see my mother, I'm out of food feel scared and stressed that I have to go shop.

I didn't say that society said there was no difference.  Society believes in objective reality, and will happily tell you "what is real" and "what is not real," or "what is true" and "what is not true."  It says that because the experience of the individual does not match that of the people in power, that experience must not have existed...

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.  Worrying is probably making things worse, as is crash-dieting.  I'm speaking from experience, man, so take care of yourself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26769 on: April 06, 2011, 12:44:51 pm »

If you read about the most successful military units, they have all been not necessarily well trained, but had a good team spirit and motivated people. This has been understood in most the worlds Navies as well: usually at seas, you only salute a higher ranked person once a day, and you dont need to call anyone a "sir".
[Insert obligatory navy team spirit and intimacy joke here]

Really, there were too many. I couldn't possibly choose one!
Like the Sacred Band you mean?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26770 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:41 pm »

It got so bad today I ran from my home, cycled home to my mom and cried while hugging sister then mom. Then I shopped food and stuff on the way home. I'm better but still not good.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26771 on: April 06, 2011, 01:40:04 pm »

It got so bad today I ran from my home, cycled home to my mom and cried while hugging sister then mom. Then I shopped food and stuff on the way home. I'm better but still not good.

You o.k., bro?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26772 on: April 06, 2011, 01:40:52 pm »

You o.k., bro?

I don't think it'd bicycle through town crying if I were, thanks though.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26773 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:14 pm »

Major internal audit afoot. It's not exactly classified material at this point, since it's been on a few dozen news outlets.

Basically, a segment within ATF decided it would be a good idea to allow illegal weapons sales to Mexican cartels to go unprevented, so that they could trace the guns and hopefully map out the distribution channels within Mexico. Not, on the face of it, a terrible idea -- it's like slipping tagged money into a money laundering operation so you can figure out where it's going. Or, to use a medical analogy, putting a radioactive tracer dye in your bloodstream so they can map out what's going on internally.

Problem is, a couple of those weapons wound up being used to kill a Border Patrol agent. Now you have Congress (and the Republicans have NEVER liked the ATF, since it regulates guns and the GOP can't fellate the NRA fast enough) asking why the hell the agency that is supposed to stop illegal arms trades allowed them, and wound up contributing to the death of a US agent?

Glugh. Congress is pissed, the Mexican government is pissed, the AG and President (who weren't in the loop) are pissed...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26774 on: April 06, 2011, 03:17:55 pm »

That is the single worst plan I have ever heard. The ATF should have intercepted and sabatoaged the illegal arms in question, causing internal strife with the cartels.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1783 1784 [1785] 1786 1787 ... 8168