Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431077 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26565 on: April 04, 2011, 06:35:41 pm »

And as it turns out, I'm already stumped. I can't think of a single realistic way to power a time machine without indecipherable technobabble.
Then use technobabble.

It feels too much like cheating. I get the feeling I'll be up all night working. Not to mention the other thing I need to do. Riting are hard.
Look up time travel in Wikipedia, pick a theory you like, think up a reason why it suddenly works now and go from there.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #26566 on: April 04, 2011, 06:39:32 pm »

Today I visited this thread.

:(

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26567 on: April 04, 2011, 06:49:47 pm »

My grandma just found out that her boyfriend (they're not married yet) has an infection in the bone of his toe, and either is going to have to have it amputated or probably have the infection spread and die. :(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26568 on: April 04, 2011, 07:17:57 pm »

That's not too bad, it's just a toe.  Or does he have to lose his whole foot?  That's bad.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26569 on: April 04, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »

Today I visited this thread.

:(
You should visit the Happy thread and be :D! And be even happier as it has many, many more posts of happy than this one of sad.
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26570 on: April 04, 2011, 08:33:48 pm »

EDIT: I've solved the problem. It's extraordinarily stupid, but it's at least feasable.

I hope it involves a million zombie hamsters on wheels.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26571 on: April 04, 2011, 08:52:13 pm »

I feel like a prick for complaining about this, but I don't have much appetite and it's starting to cause problems.  Until fifteen minutes ago, I'd eaten nothing today but two bananas.  Then I went and bought a loaf of bread, so I'm having a little of that, but it feels like something is wrong.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26572 on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:05 pm »

I know all too well what that's like.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26573 on: April 04, 2011, 08:55:03 pm »

...I wish my appetite would go away.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26574 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:02 pm »

Last time this happened, I ended up on a crash diet and going down to 104 pounds.  It wasn't the most entertaining.

Of course, I feel like a prick for mentioning this when I weigh about 150% of MoM, but whatever.  Maybe I should just stop talking about it before my conscious tries to jump out of my throat and kill me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26575 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:20 pm »

I have a .125% success rate on Spelunky. For those of you that are less mathematically minded, that's 1 win versus 800 plays.

EDITDERP: The first 2 times I hit 100 plays I cleared the history. Which bumps it down to a .1% success rate.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:04:03 pm by Vertigon »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26576 on: April 04, 2011, 09:11:27 pm »

I feel like a prick for complaining about this, but I don't have much appetite and it's starting to cause problems.  Until fifteen minutes ago, I'd eaten nothing today but two bananas.  Then I went and bought a loaf of bread, so I'm having a little of that, but it feels like something is wrong.

Yeah, I've been there. Back in high school I was 150 and 6'2'' or so. I'm not actually sure whether that's a problem, but everyone seemed to think it was. It's an irritating problem, even if people do have the opposite one. I mean, it's still a problem that it is reasonable to complain about, as much as any other. I think, anyway.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26577 on: April 04, 2011, 09:20:36 pm »

I'm not super-skinny, though.  I was thin in high school, but I guess I'm about average now.

I don't know.  I'm just worried, because life is going pretty strangely.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26578 on: April 04, 2011, 09:38:46 pm »

I'm not super-skinny, though.  I was thin in high school, but I guess I'm about average now.

I don't know.  I'm just worried, because life is going pretty strangely.

I've been more or pess permanently depressed since I was 14, in my bad periods I don't eat sometimes 3 days in a row, then I buy a huge meal, eat, and then I cry at how disgusting I find myself for eating all that food.

When I'm in a good mood and want to just sit back and relax I might buy a cake or something, but when I sit alone at home(no friends) I start crying while looking at it. Obesity is common in my family. Don't know where I'm going with this but felt good letting out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26579 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:51 pm »

I've gotten a deeper dislike for my job. Doing my taxes, it turns out I worked JUST under enough hours and earned JUST short enough in wages that I don't qualify for Making Work Pay Credit (Sched M). I'm still gaining something in my tax return thanks to saying yes to taxing my unemployment benefits (whereas if I hadn't said so, I'd only be getting like 10 bucks in my return), but still, I'm short an additional 400 in with my return. Ugh, so freaking annoying.

I just have to say thank goodness I got to committing towards my graphic design career. I'm mad as hell about all this.  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 ... 8167