Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 [1764] 1765 1766 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430063 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26445 on: April 04, 2011, 03:57:25 am »

Friend issues. Long story short. I had a conversation I wasn't ready for turn bad. And now they removed me at some point and I don't think Ill be able to even fix things now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26446 on: April 04, 2011, 03:59:21 am »

It's 2 am and I'm not tired. I've been awake and asleep randomly throughout the day. (Arhg.) I felt I forgot to do something today. Firefox takes 10 minutes to open.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26447 on: April 04, 2011, 03:59:53 am »

Friend issues. Long story short. I had a conversation I wasn't ready for turn bad. And now they removed me at some point and I don't think Ill be able to even fix things now.

Oh man :( I actually sort of know how you feel but can't quite articulate it due to the lack of sleep, but I've been in that situation. I know it seems world shattering when/if the friend is already a major part of your life, but that's the thing: they're friends. There's an unlimited number of possible friends. Of course, not knowing you at all, I'm not fit to give advice, but it gets better (tm). Perhaps ice cream is in order?

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26448 on: April 04, 2011, 04:00:46 am »

There's always hope. Some upsets take more than a day to be put to rest.
Your friend will most likely get back in contact with you. Just give it a bit of time and hope.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26449 on: April 04, 2011, 04:33:17 am »

Yeah, sometimes it's just better to back off. You might be able to explain yourself once things have calmed down and he comes back to you, ready to talk.

On the other hand, this might all be unrelated to your situation.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #26450 on: April 04, 2011, 05:09:10 am »

Tired of articles like this.

That's made some rounds among my friends on facebook tonight.  I've read a few articles like this, but I've never found one I really liked.  I like that there's some movement to raise awareness on the issue, as I think it's really needed... but I have yet to see an article or blog post on the subject that didn't make introverts look whiny, helpless, and pretentious.  It's really annoying.  Anybody ever find one of these that doesn't suck?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26451 on: April 04, 2011, 05:56:35 am »

I've been working on a Serial Killer Forum Game for the past few months, only to abbandon it because I can't draw sprites :(

I want to ask somebody for sprites, but I feel like I'm ripping them of, as they are doing all of the hard work.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26452 on: April 04, 2011, 05:57:08 am »

Couldn't you use ASCII?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26453 on: April 04, 2011, 06:01:04 am »

Couldn't you use ASCII?

Fuck. I can't believe I forgot about ASCII.

I still need to draw all of the zones. I've made a grid, but I have about 456 zones. It's going to be a while before I can release it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #26454 on: April 04, 2011, 06:31:27 am »

Tired of articles like this.

That's made some rounds among my friends on facebook tonight.  I've read a few articles like this, but I've never found one I really liked.  I like that there's some movement to raise awareness on the issue, as I think it's really needed... but I have yet to see an article or blog post on the subject that didn't make introverts look whiny, helpless, and pretentious.  It's really annoying.  Anybody ever find one of these that doesn't suck?
I've never seen one that didn't. I've never felt like introversion was an issue though. All people need to know is that I like books because they are awesome and I like quiet because it is relaxing. And it's not like I don't enjoy socializing because of that.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26455 on: April 04, 2011, 06:42:14 am »

Bah, the book part annoys me so much.
It's like people shut up, just up until the moment when you take out your book, before they start bothering you with trivial stuff.
If I'm interested in what you're talking about, I lay down my book and will converse with you.
But if my eyes keep focused on the book and you only get curt answers, then this is the sign for you to leave me alone.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26456 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:40 am »

Just give it some time.. Time really does help.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26457 on: April 04, 2011, 07:29:25 am »

*sigh*

Basically, as far as I can tell it's an INTJ or someone vaguely along in the autism spectrum who thinks they're way smarter than they actually are.  I'm talking about the heavy emphasis on "introverts talk about facts."  "Introverts are heavily honest."  "We all have super-special intellectual interests."  Not all introverts are scientifically minded, and, in fact... I'm kind of doubting that a lot of those artists and writers are sitting there saying "it was green" or "the weather was okay."

That, and introversion isn't "normal."  However, it isn't a negative, either.  Using loaded terminology like that just confuses the actual message.

Ohh, and the "extraverts are intolerant" thing?  That's just ridiculous.

... That the dude thinks this article might possibly be humorous?

I swear I've honestly read something almost exactly like that same article on an autism forum somewhere, but with "asperger's" and "neurotypical" written in appropriate slots.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #26458 on: April 04, 2011, 07:43:25 am »

I find it pretty humorous that this guy thinks all introverts are perfectly frank yet incapable of asking to be left alone.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26459 on: April 04, 2011, 07:45:54 am »

I swear I've honestly read something almost exactly like that same article on an autism forum somewhere, but with "asperger's" and "neurotypical" written in appropriate slots.

Oh, I see this all the time on the internet. As much as I understand some people are mentally handicapped in one way or another (like me, except on the AS spectrum), deluding yourself into elitism on the basis of your handicap can be pretty siily!
Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 [1764] 1765 1766 ... 8167