Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438403 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26010 on: March 31, 2011, 01:50:06 am »

I'm going to leave the forums for a while, since I feel worse every time I visit this place.
I'll return once I feel wothy enough to participate in the discussions here and have something meaningful to contribute.

Do as you will, but go thinking you don't belong here just because a few of the locals impress you.  If I haven't been ridden out on a rail yet, then you're a-okay.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26011 on: March 31, 2011, 02:17:47 am »

Yes. Wait for the plug to become a breeding ground for bacteria, then end up with an infection in your outer ear.

Listen. I use the stuff on myself a lot and it does wonders. A lot more than what an ear stick could ever do by itself. Hell, I even said who tipped me off on doing this in a latter post.

Edit: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/hydrogen-peroxide-for-ear-wax-removal.html
Ear wax is unlikely to cause an infection. Ear wax does not result in plugs in normal circumstances. Messing with the ear canal can, on the other hand, cause alterations that can result in plugs or worse. We were specifically told to avoid this in ORL class. . Using hydrogen peroxide in particular sounds like a good way to end up with a skin condiction in the EAC.

TL, DR: If you have an ear plug, consider going to a doctor instead of trying homemade recipes.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26012 on: March 31, 2011, 02:22:54 am »

Considering that the one who told me to do this is an ORL medic for a clinic for military staff, I'll tend to take her word over yours.

Yes, peroxide can cause irritation if you have particularily sensitive skin (or a previous medical condition, like otitis), but other than that it's safe.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:28:48 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26013 on: March 31, 2011, 02:47:25 am »

Hydrogen peroxyde is an irritant in general, and the EAC's skin is particularily sensitive, regardless of previous conditions. I think that it's very bad advice to tell people to use this as a homebrew remedy, based on what I know.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26014 on: March 31, 2011, 02:54:07 am »

Considering I have been using it for several years, Criptfeind vouches for it and apparently so does ein, I beg to differ.

Besides, we're talking about the 3% solution, not the high concentration stuff. That'd likely burn your skin pretty bad.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26015 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:42 am »

*shrug* do what you will. I stand by my statement that in general it's not a good idea.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26016 on: March 31, 2011, 03:46:01 am »

Well, sure, getting a trained medical oppinion on your condition is always the best way to go about things, but Nine's post seemed more like "I have some earwax and it won't come out." rather than "My ear feels clogged and I can hardly hear with it anymore." so I was suggesting that course of action.

In general, it's neither a good nor a bad idea. It is simply a functional one.
The keyword being "in general". There are always exceptions, like sensitive skin, other ear conditions and so on that make it (like any other procedure) carry a potential risk.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26017 on: March 31, 2011, 06:05:54 am »

Breadbocks has been muted!

NooOoOOooo!!!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26018 on: March 31, 2011, 06:11:33 am »

NooOoOOooo!!!

Wrong thread, happy thread is right over there, Angel.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26019 on: March 31, 2011, 06:16:47 am »

NooOoOOooo!!!

Wrong thread, happy thread is right over there, Angel.
Hold on a minute, what did breadbocks do?

I'm sad that something hurt my kitteh! It looks like it might be a dog. As a matter of fact, I heard dogs bark constantly beforehand.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26020 on: March 31, 2011, 06:22:54 am »

I'm sorry about your cat. They're really hardy critters, but you might want to get her to a vet just to be safe.

And breadblocks was trying too hard to be a pimp. And apparently his sig was found offensive to boot. There's a moderation thread in GD, stickied.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26021 on: March 31, 2011, 06:24:53 am »

I'm sorry about your cat. They're really hardy critters, but you might want to get him to a vet just to be safe.
My cat's surprisingly dwarven. He used to chase and attack dogs a few years back. I'm surprised he didn't die.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26022 on: March 31, 2011, 06:27:38 am »

Still should get him checked out. No sense risking things.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26023 on: March 31, 2011, 06:29:18 am »

Still should get him checked out. No sense risking things.
I will.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26024 on: March 31, 2011, 06:45:40 am »

Always best to get the cat checked out, especially if there's anything that could get infected.

Also, I highly recommend buying a nice deterrent for any dogs. Somewhere in the range of a good airsoft (350+fps) or a bb gun. I've damn well bounced bbs off dogs (and the odd raccoon and cat) harassing my felines. And if it gets serious enough (the raccoon), I'd be perfectly willing to use something heavier.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 ... 8167