Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1710 1711 [1712] 1713 1714 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435718 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25665 on: March 27, 2011, 01:40:41 am »

As someone who was quite reluctant to switch at first, having gotten used to 7 and fallen in love with many of the features, XP feels like a sludgy dinosaur.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25666 on: March 27, 2011, 01:44:31 am »

My 5 AM tinkering has hopefully fixed our laptop :D

Or not. Said laptop is now completely borken. And I am rather unlikely to get a new one in the forseeable future. Assuming I can force our friend to take this one back ¬_¬
*Hugs*

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25667 on: March 27, 2011, 02:01:30 am »

Ah crap, I'm screwing around with computer issues and being a smug prick, while Vector's having real problems.  I don't even know what I missed.

Empathy is good, and I don't mean to belittle that, but you also shouldn't feel self-centered or petty just because someone else has worse problems.  If I'm not mistaken, this thread is for venting and support (when necessary), no matter the problem.

I don't think I'm the only one to think so, either.

I'm pretty sure this isn't "the things that are sadder than other people's things -snip-" thread. Saying that someone can't be upset about something because something worse happened to someone else is a fallacy.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25668 on: March 27, 2011, 02:10:37 am »

A few days ago I had this sudden, crippling attack of fear at the prospect of going to a four-year college and no longer cruising through Community College which is basically High School 2: Electric Boogaloo.  Now I keep having sudden rushes of anxiety when I think about it.  Oh well.  I've stumbled through worse things without knowing what was going on.
Shoes...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25669 on: March 27, 2011, 02:18:04 am »

After 2 hours of download/install and the creation of a new account, it ends up my internet connection is to crappy to play LaTale. :(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25670 on: March 27, 2011, 02:24:31 am »

Having a terabyte hard drive after languishing for years in 140gb hell is giving me horrible habits.  I just looked around on my computer and realized I haven't deleted anything since I got the new hard drive.  It's a mess.
Shoes...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25671 on: March 27, 2011, 02:48:37 am »

High School 2: Electric Boogaloo.
I see this sort of thing a lot, but where in all the depths of a the hells that ever were, weren't, or may be did it come from?

On-topic: the proxy I installed to make downloading patches easier times out three-quarters of the way through every download.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25672 on: March 27, 2011, 02:54:28 am »

I see this sort of thing a lot, but where in all the depths of a the hells that ever were, weren't, or may be did it come from?

Here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25673 on: March 27, 2011, 02:59:04 am »

A few days ago I had this sudden, crippling attack of fear at the prospect of going to a four-year college and no longer cruising through Community College which is basically High School 2: Electric Boogaloo.  Now I keep having sudden rushes of anxiety when I think about it.  Oh well.  I've stumbled through worse things without knowing what was going on.

I wish I could tell you that will get better, but it probably won't.  It was mostly my own fault, but the entire time I was in college (with no Community breezer inbetween), I always had this little fear in the back of my mind that one day, soon enough, I'd get a letter or a phonecall saying that my money wasn't good enough.  That I should be going going gone.  Hell, even after I graduated, until the day my diploma arrived, I kept expecting a "we regret to inform you" letter.  Once I actually got it, I knew terror like I'd never known terror before.  Because after going to school for nearly twenty of my twenty-three years of life, for the first time ever, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do tomorrow.

But then, I stumbled through grade school without knowing what was going on, through high school without knowing what was going on, through college (four years in six no less) without having a fucking clue what was going on, and now maybe possibly getting a real job without knowing what I was ever supposed to be doing.  Point is, the anxiety is as meaningless as it is inevitable.  Plans and goals are for overachievers, shit works itself out if you just keep doing what you think you should be doing today.

Having a terabyte hard drive after languishing for years in 140gb hell is giving me horrible habits.  I just looked around on my computer and realized I haven't deleted anything since I got the new hard drive.  It's a mess.

Yeah, I have a terabyte myself now, and everything thing in the world to fill it.  After years of juggling between three or four installed games on 70ish gigs, this is going to be a trainwreck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25674 on: March 27, 2011, 03:36:40 am »

Awwwww HELL naw.

you do not put a shortcut to my computer on the desktop

Right click desktop -> personalise -> desktop icons.

there's checkboxes for my computer, my documents, etc.

you can also make it look like 98 from that area too.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25675 on: March 27, 2011, 04:21:58 am »

My dad has been acting like a cock recently.

*sigh*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25676 on: March 27, 2011, 04:47:32 am »

Ah crap, I'm screwing around with computer issues and being a smug prick, while Vector's having real problems.  I don't even know what I missed.

If it makes you feel any better, Bay12 Night at the Theater was awesome.  You should definitely do that again some time.

Well... don't worry about it too much.  Thanks for the appreciation... I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Right now, I am fucking angry because my Russian professor implied that doing cultural research was okay for the extra credit, but instead has now informed me that we need to do the extra credit from her little folder online.  I finished all of the "extra credit" for the entire semester.  The entire semester.  It took AGES.  I worked so hard on it this spring break.

RAUGH!  I want to cry.  In fact, I am crying, because I can't deal with this right now.

EDIT: HOURS AND HOURS of translating from French into English because the English sources were inadequate for what I wanted to research.  I worked so hard on getting good topics.  Just... ugh.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:49:59 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25677 on: March 27, 2011, 05:07:14 am »

If it makes you feel any better, Bay12 Night at the Theater was awesome.  You should definitely do that again some time.

Well... don't worry about it too much.  Thanks for the appreciation... I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Right now, I am fucking angry because my Russian professor implied that doing cultural research was okay for the extra credit, but instead has now informed me that we need to do the extra credit from her little folder online.  I finished all of the "extra credit" for the entire semester.  The entire semester.  It took AGES.  I worked so hard on it this spring break.

RAUGH!  I want to cry.  In fact, I am crying, because I can't deal with this right now.

EDIT: HOURS AND HOURS of translating from French into English because the English sources were inadequate for what I wanted to research.  I worked so hard on getting good topics.  Just... ugh.
Damn. I feel sorry for you, Vector.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25678 on: March 27, 2011, 05:45:55 am »

*sigh*

Seems there's a lot of those at bay12 lately... What did he do, if you don't mind me asking?
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25679 on: March 27, 2011, 05:49:26 am »

*sigh*

Seems there's a lot of those at bay12 lately... What did he do, if you don't mind me asking?
He's been constantly insulting and threatening my mum. At least he dosen't cause any physical harm to mum anymore.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:00:06 am by Angel Of Death »
Pages: 1 ... 1710 1711 [1712] 1713 1714 ... 8167