Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441768 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25560 on: March 25, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »

I just realized. I go to school with a bunch of children.
Both the fact I find that insulting to them and the fact that I just found that out made me sad.

There's nothing like visiting a highschool teacher about a year after graduation, and her freshman class. The way the whole bloody class rose out of their seats in that stupid, automatic salute they hammer into you from year one when I entered the classroom, with a three week Amish beard, in a leather jacket, a Tshirt of some metal band, and a briefcase in one hand, and called me "sir" still haunts me...

I'm four years your elder; sheesh...

Believe me. You havent.
True. We never fully do.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25561 on: March 25, 2011, 07:45:07 pm »

You can only see the superficial outside of others, you know your own true complexities.

They are just as mentally grown as you, and I assure you they are thinking they are as far beyond you as you think you are beyond them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25562 on: March 25, 2011, 07:45:53 pm »

You are 14.

You are a children.

What is your issue with being with more children?
The fact that I do not at all would classify myself as a child. Really, I feel like some old person amongst the youthful, considering they all seem pathetically immature to me.
you will grow out of it, and then back in. Enjoy being a teenager soon!
One problem about growing out of it is that it feels like I've overgrown already. Mentally of course.

You think you've grown up but you haven't.  In two years you'll be thinking "Damn I'm glad I grew up, two years ago me was so childish" and two years after that you'll be doing it again.
Shoes...

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25563 on: March 25, 2011, 07:48:29 pm »

It feels like I tore something in my knee while I was walking. I might have to use the cane again. My grandmother always said that buying a cane before you need it was bad luck, and to top it all off the cane is a cheap piece of rubbish.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25564 on: March 25, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »

You are 14.

You are a children.

What is your issue with being with more children?
The fact that I do not at all would classify myself as a child. Really, I feel like some old person amongst the youthful, considering they all seem pathetically immature to me.
you will grow out of it, and then back in. Enjoy being a teenager soon!
One problem about growing out of it is that it feels like I've overgrown already. Mentally of course.

You think you've grown up but you haven't.  In two years you'll be thinking "Damn I'm glad I grew up, two years ago me was so childish" and two years after that you'll be doing it again.
It is quite fun if you learn how to laugh at yourself.

You get a new joke every week for the rest of your life!

It feels like I tore something in my knee while I was walking. I might have to use the cane again. My grandmother always said that buying a cane before you need it was bad luck, and to top it all off the cane is a cheap piece of rubbish.

Have you/can you see a doctor? Knees can be hard, best to make sure it is okay.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25565 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50:28 pm »

I just realized. I go to school with a bunch of children.
Both the fact I find that insulting to them and the fact that I just found that out made me sad.

There's nothing like visiting a highschool teacher about a year after graduation, and her freshman class. The way the whole bloody class rose out of their seats in that stupid, automatic salute they hammer into you from year one when I entered the classroom, with a three week Amish beard, in a leather jacket, a Tshirt of some metal band, and a briefcase in one hand, and called me "sir" still haunts me...

I'm four years your elder; sheesh...
Wait... What was the point you are making? I can't seem to understand...
How unfortunate that I am plagued with this every four hours.... Maybe I'm setting my standards too high?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25566 on: March 25, 2011, 07:53:31 pm »

I feel conceited after only 5 seconds.  You can never defeat me!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25567 on: March 25, 2011, 07:55:20 pm »

Realizing that I'll probably never meet the expectations set for me.
Really, the 7th failed test in a row really gets me down.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25568 on: March 25, 2011, 07:55:36 pm »

I feel conceited after only 5 seconds.  You can never defeat me!
Pah! No time passes for me, I am in a constant haze of conceitedness
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25569 on: March 25, 2011, 07:56:11 pm »

@Something Evil:
I do 'plan' out scenarios, that might happen in my everyday life, just to be 'prepared'. The way I'll react, what I'll say, how I'll feel.
I'm quite sure that's weird, but I feel prepared this way and it comes in handy from time to time.

It this related, to what you talked about earlier?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25570 on: March 25, 2011, 07:57:54 pm »

Instead of spending your time being conceited, spend your time doing something awesome or stupid that you will have fun looking back on in later years.

However old you feel now, you'll just get older, so give yourself good memories.  They say time goes faster when you grow up--but the days you're having now will be just as long when you remember them later, so make them exciting ones.  Go do something stupid and crazy.  See something new.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25571 on: March 25, 2011, 08:05:46 pm »

@ Mindmaker.

Pretty much. Also about retrospectively kicking yourself in the metaphorical bricks from time to time for something you messed up at.

@ Iceball

Just that I was creeped out by the fact that these guys were addressing me as "sir" when I could still make out my deskmate's copy notes scribbled on the desk.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25572 on: March 25, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »

Just a little question. Do you usually think ahead, like "What are my thoughts on [random social debate issue]?" and formulate norms for yourself after thinking about things? Or constantly double-check on yourself, on your intentions, and on what you say and do?

I am constantly processing stuff like this.  I always have potential conversations or events processing in the back of my mind.  I'm also a very intuitive thinker.  I don't have a formulaic 'process'.  When presented with a subject I haven't thought about before, I will begin with a vague notion which springs out of nothing as a starting point, and then begin evaluating why I naturally gravitated towards that and whether it's a good thing or not.  Basically INXP to the letter.

After completely failing to connect with people most of my life, it started becoming obvious to me around the age of 14 that this is not how most people operate.

You can only see the superficial outside of others, you know your own true complexities.

They are just as mentally grown as you, and I assure you they are thinking they are as far beyond you as you think you are beyond them.

I often tell myself this and really really try to believe it deeply.  Success in doing so has varied greatly over time.  I rarely judge people much without actually getting to know them, but I rarely get to know people unless I need to or some point of compatibility grabs my attention.  I'm really good at getting along with almost anyone on a personal level, even if I have nothing in common with them.  Somehow in public or large group settings, I'm always always treated like crap when noticed at all, even by people I get along with in smaller settings.  I've ended up preferring not to be noticed, and at this point am really good at a grey man style of shutting myself off from my environment so I don't notice other people much and they don't notice me at all.  My co-workers claim I'm a ninja.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25573 on: March 25, 2011, 08:27:59 pm »

I've noticed that I'm a very light stepper.  During the mornings before getting on the bus I always surprise at least one person in the house by popping up suddenly.  It's not even like I walk fast it's just my natural quiet movement and chance.

EDIT:
It gets to the point where I have exchanges like this:
"Woah, you scared me!"
"I do that a lot."
I am Kanon.  I am just furniture.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:29:57 pm by ToonyMan »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25574 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:53 pm »

I've noticed that I'm a very light stepper.  During the mornings before getting on the bus I always surprise at least one person in the house by popping up suddenly.  It's not even like I walk fast it's just my natural quiet movement and chance.
Become a ninja!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 8167