Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1702 1703 [1704] 1705 1706 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441454 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25545 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:51 pm »

why try a harmful drug?
Humans are curious as fuck, and will try to do just about anything they know has been done before. But if you end up learning a bit of sociology, psychology, biochemistry and neurology you will pretty much list everything of that nature under "Not even once.".

I don't plan on ever going beyond an occasional coffee/energy drink for a pick-me-up, and a shot of booze among friends over a hookah with flavored tobacco.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25546 on: March 25, 2011, 06:45:16 pm »

Bluh, I got mixed up because I'm not a pianist.

They should have at least included octave 6 if they were gonna give you that much bass.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25547 on: March 25, 2011, 06:51:15 pm »

Well, it's two octaves either way.
To include more, the easiest solution would probably be to add another instrument when you place on wool or something.
Anyway, I got Higan Retour to work somewhat by shifting everything down an octave.

D:
Seventh measure has a G too high.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25548 on: March 25, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »

why try a harmful drug?
Humans are curious as fuck, and will try to do just about anything they know has been done before.

This only confuses me further, as apparently humans are incredibly curious about ways that they can screw themselves up, even when they're surrounded by massive amounts of information and first-hand anecdote indicating that whatever they're thinking about trying absolutely will.  Yet they have no curiousity about... well... much of anything else, really... except maybe what celebrities are up to.

Does not compute.  I went through this short period at the height of my teen depression where I was convinced I wasn't a human being, because I shared no psychological traits with anyone around me.  I would compare my thought processes to what I could observe in other people's and always ended up feeling completely alien.  Lately, I've been returning to that.  I try so hard, and I just can't understand people.  I can academically rationalize people's behaviors, but I can't connect with them.

Edit:  At least there are places like this to show me that I'm not the only alien around.  This is why I often claim that the internet saved my life.  Without this, I never would have survived high school.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:02:24 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25549 on: March 25, 2011, 07:08:47 pm »

Does not compute.  I went through this short period at the height of my teen depression where I was convinced I wasn't a human being, because I shared no psychological traits with anyone around me.  I would compare my thought processes to what I could observe in other people's and always ended up feeling completely alien.

Sounds very familiar. Been there, done that, lowered my expectations of the human species and moved on.
I now generally expect the worst of people, so not much room to be disappointed.

Just a little question. Do you usually think ahead, like "What are my thoughts on [random social debate issue]?" and formulate norms for yourself after thinking about things? Or constantly double-check on yourself, on your intentions, and on what you say and do?
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25550 on: March 25, 2011, 07:10:09 pm »

I do both, oddly.  I say "Okay, think ahead... yup, this is as far as I can get," and then I look for opportunities to update my information.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25551 on: March 25, 2011, 07:16:33 pm »

I'm asking 'cause I pretty much do those too. And they've proven to not only shape my thought processes quite differently than those of most of my peers, (a lot like what SalmonGod was saying) but are also a good source of added weight to my guiltball, which then ends up making me (I hope) marginally less susceptible to fucking up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25552 on: March 25, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »

Oh, really?  I've never been that aware of thinking very differently, other than that I'll often start thinking in pictures when apparently most people don't.

I had to teach myself to think in words as a kid, because it didn't come naturally at all.

But in terms of general thought process, I didn't know that was unusual.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25553 on: March 25, 2011, 07:30:02 pm »

People generally don't think that they're thinking, and even fewer think about thinking about what they're thinking, which pretty much amounts to what I was saying.

Also, you might have a bit of a case of synesthesia. I'm not even a dabbler in the field so I might be dead wrong, but it might be worth checking up on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25554 on: March 25, 2011, 07:31:36 pm »

Stop making generalizations.  :[

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25555 on: March 25, 2011, 07:37:19 pm »

I just realized. I go to school with a bunch of children.
Both the fact I find that insulting to them and the fact that I just found that out made me sad.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25556 on: March 25, 2011, 07:38:35 pm »

You are 14.

You are a children.

What is your issue with being with more children?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25557 on: March 25, 2011, 07:39:46 pm »

you will grow out of it, and then back in. Enjoy being a teenager soon!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25558 on: March 25, 2011, 07:42:02 pm »

You are 14.

You are a children.

What is your issue with being with more children?
The fact that I do not at all would classify myself as a child. Really, I feel like some old person amongst the youthful, considering they all seem pathetically immature to me.
you will grow out of it, and then back in. Enjoy being a teenager soon!
One problem about growing out of it is that it feels like I've overgrown already. Mentally of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25559 on: March 25, 2011, 07:42:46 pm »

Believe me. You havent.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 1702 1703 [1704] 1705 1706 ... 8167