Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443556 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25530 on: March 25, 2011, 06:16:36 pm »

I want to make a song in Minecraft, but only having 2 octaves or so is really limiting. D:
Whoa. Why are you limited to two octaves? You can barely make a proper nursery rhyme with that range.

edit- nevermind, you meant in game.

Boy I'm dumb.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25531 on: March 25, 2011, 06:17:05 pm »

My impression so far is they become managers or cops, go to jail, or vegetate in trailer parks (which are usually giant meth lab complexes... can't forget that part)... or any combination of the three over time.  Living most of my life in Indiana probably has much to do with this perception.  I'm not sure it's the same in other places.

There's a supervisor at my job who I swear looks like some dicks I knew in middle school, but isn't.  He still has the same short, greasy, spiked-up hair that asshole teenagers had circa 2002.  And yeah, he's a dickwad of the first caliber.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25532 on: March 25, 2011, 06:20:30 pm »

Well, I don't know.
My best writing ideas come to me, when I'm already dizzy from tiredness and sleep deprivation.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25533 on: March 25, 2011, 06:24:08 pm »

My impression so far is they become managers or cops, go to jail, or vegetate in trailer parks (which are usually giant meth lab complexes... can't forget that part)... or any combination of the three over time.  Living most of my life in Indiana probably has much to do with this perception.  I'm not sure it's the same in other places.

It's the same in Maine, without the managers, and the meth labs are replaced with pot everywhere.

Most of the managers around here are either bullies who learned to translate their craft into beaurocracy, or I've known a couple older ones (like 50+) who admitted to me that they used to be that way and finally grew up.  I don't think I've even heard of a single manager in any field who wasn't at some point simply a jerk who enjoyed fucking with people.

And I'd rather have pot than meth.  Indiana has one of the biggest meth problems in the country, and it makes people strung out and crazy.  Last I heard regarding the town where I grew up from ages 8-16, one of my brother's old classmates described the entire place as having turned into one giant meth lab.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25534 on: March 25, 2011, 06:26:40 pm »

I want to make a song in Minecraft, but only having 2 octaves or so is really limiting. D:
Whoa. Why are you limited to two octaves? You can barely make a proper nursery rhyme with that range.

Boy I'm dumb.

It seems you can actually double the range, but by going lower, not higher, unfortunately.
Put a note block on top of wood for stringed bass or stone for drum bass.
For the regular string or drum, it goes from F#3 to F#5.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25535 on: March 25, 2011, 06:27:11 pm »

And I'd rather have pot than meth.  Indiana has one of the biggest meth problems in the country, and it makes people strung out and crazy.  Last I heard regarding the town where I grew up from ages 8-16, one of my brother's old classmates described the entire place as having turned into one giant meth lab.

Not to mention that they tend to, you know, explode violently if someone as much as hiccups at the wrong moment.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25536 on: March 25, 2011, 06:28:42 pm »

Not to mention that they tend to, you know, explode violently if someone as much as hiccups at the wrong moment.

Yeah.  That's common news around here.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25537 on: March 25, 2011, 06:29:44 pm »

Boy I'm dumb.

It seems you can actually double the range, but by going lower, not higher, unfortunately.
Put a note block on top of wood for stringed bass or stone for drum bass.
For the regular string or drum, it goes from F#3 to F#5.

Doesn't pretty much every type of block change the note type?
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25538 on: March 25, 2011, 06:30:45 pm »

That's one of the things that I'll probably never do in my life thanks to how I am.  I have never taken or done drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol (or even petty things like those crazy caffeine people with coffee) and probably never will since other kids my age seem to just fuck themselves up and do stupid things.  Although I admit I would like to try weed sometime...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25539 on: March 25, 2011, 06:31:37 pm »

Who needs drugs when you have sugar?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25540 on: March 25, 2011, 06:32:37 pm »

That's one of the things that I'll probably never do in my life thanks to how I am.  I have never taken or done drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol (or even petty things like those crazy caffeine people with coffee) and probably never will since other kids my age seem to just fuck themselves up and do stupid things.  Although I admit I would like to try weed sometime...
Our perfect similarity ends at your last sentence. But otherwise, perfectly similar.
EDIT: And the part about caffeine is disimillar too.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:52:35 pm by iceball3 »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25541 on: March 25, 2011, 06:36:21 pm »

Meth, I'd kill myself sooner than take it.
Then again, I have an excuse
*Hugs*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25542 on: March 25, 2011, 06:36:39 pm »

I didn't start coffee until I was 22.  Otherwise, I'm just the same.  Never was able to understand what's going through people's heads when they get into that stuff.  Most attribute it to a "try anything once" attitude, which is good to an extent... but shouldn't be taken literally... no one is going to stab themselves in the neck just to try it once, so why try a harmful drug?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:38:58 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25543 on: March 25, 2011, 06:37:30 pm »

Doesn't pretty much every type of block change the note type?
Yeah.

But that isn't nearly bass-y enough.

What's the highest you can go? G2?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25544 on: March 25, 2011, 06:41:50 pm »

Like I said, F#5.
Or do you mean lowest?
That'd be F#1.
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 8167