Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442965 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25380 on: March 24, 2011, 12:20:37 am »

Dude, the Greeks also had their own problems.  Just think about the Pythagoreans and you'll see what I mean.

Relatively, the Egyptians did nothing.  Seriously.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #25381 on: March 24, 2011, 12:21:14 am »

This really is not the thread to discuss this guys, if it really has that many replies, make a new thread.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #25382 on: March 24, 2011, 12:22:08 am »

Dude, the Greeks also had their own problems.  Just think about the Pythagoreans and you'll see what I mean.

Seems we have different ideas of advancements then, since the egyptians made huge progress on both agriculture and medicine, and I didn't say that they didn't have problems, they had faster progress than the christians eitherway. It's called the Dark Ages for a reason.

This really is not the thread to discuss this guys, if it really has that many replies, make a new thread.

You be right, sorries.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25383 on: March 24, 2011, 12:22:31 am »

I had thought you were talking about more recent religion, where law had been already established. It would be good to know what time period we are talking about.

However, enough conflicts stemmed from religion and restricting science to areas and people that your religion allows, is just wrong.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25384 on: March 24, 2011, 12:22:36 am »

Their work in metallurgy was pretty cool, nothing compared to the indians or the gauls.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #25385 on: March 24, 2011, 12:23:38 am »

Do I need to make the topic itself guys?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25386 on: March 24, 2011, 12:24:06 am »

Fair.

I'm just going to go back to "I'm tired of talking to uninquisitive folk."

Seems we have different ideas of advancements then, since the egyptians made huge progress on both agriculture and medicine, and I didn't say that they didn't have problems, they had faster progress than the christians eitherway. It's called the Dark Ages for a reason.

Dammit, I didn't realize that I'd forgotten to specify that I was talking about mathematics in that instance (hence the reference to the Pythagoreans).  Sorry about that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25387 on: March 24, 2011, 12:24:59 am »

Do I need to make the topic itself guys?
Looks like it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25388 on: March 24, 2011, 12:25:17 am »

I don't hate religion (catholic). I hated the fact that people invoke god to stall science without even a good reason. Example would be stem cell, i swear so many people complained that about the fetal blood stuff, i told them they figured out a way to reverse skin cells back to stem cells with using any fetal fluid yet all i get is "LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU" >_>.

things aren't that simple. iPS cells are complementary, not a replacement for ES cells. And they're still being polished up.

For that matter, most opponents of ESC research don't oppose iPS research.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25389 on: March 24, 2011, 12:25:56 am »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:28:56 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25390 on: March 24, 2011, 12:26:18 am »

I know, common people don't know jackshit though.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25391 on: March 24, 2011, 12:26:52 am »

Egyptians contributed a lot in the nautical area, as well as astronomy.
I'm not sure how important their discoveries in architecture and agriculture were, though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25392 on: March 24, 2011, 12:28:07 am »

Egyptians contributed a lot in the nautical area, as well as astronomy.
I'm not sure how important their discoveries in architecture and agriculture were, though.
Architecture wise, simple as the greeks, agriculture they were able to tell when to grow stuff and thats it.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25393 on: March 24, 2011, 12:29:45 am »

TBH, this post:
That was our IRC room, nuffin to do with the B12 one :P
What annoyed me was not that the IRC had nothing at all to do with B12 except for the populations, but the fact that I feel even more isolated because it seems these forums are becoming more and more weaboo, and I'm feeling more and more out of place because of it. GD is one of the last places I'm on in these forums. I don't play much DF anymore, to such an extent I still only have a save file on .12, so all of the upper boards are kinda off limits, OG moves at a glacial pace, and if it was the only thing left to me, I'd likely give up. I've little to none creativity, so there is nothing for me in the Creative Projects forum, and I've no experience to contribute to, and to problems to ask help for on LA, I used to frequent FG&RP, but I moved over to GD, and am struggling to find a foothold in the two word posts of the bloated 1576 RP thread and the likes. I don't know anything about RtD, and don't know where I could learn, and unless I've somehow miraculously gained talent at Mafia, there is nothing left for me.

This post is a requiem for my sanity, because once I no longer have this, I'll only move into lurking on SA, and move deeper into 4chan.

:'(
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25394 on: March 24, 2011, 12:32:10 am »

What the hell is a weaboo?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 ... 8167