Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439778 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25350 on: March 23, 2011, 08:25:11 pm »

Not sure what exactly happened, but around 2100 last night, I got hit with something and ended up spending the rest of the night sulking in my bed watching TV.
I felt a little better when I was going to sleep, though.
Something about Takase, I guess.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25351 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:48 pm »

Getting inside the personal thoughts of someone like that would be a very interesting experience huge letdown.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25352 on: March 23, 2011, 08:29:09 pm »

Gah.
Too many things I want to do, but I have stuff here I shouldn't leave hanging like my Geneforge LP.
Why did everything come out in March?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25353 on: March 23, 2011, 09:06:48 pm »

Sadness: I was forced to do only one event at the track meet tomorrow because of limited entries per event.

The upside is that now my 3200m time should be crazy awesome since I won't be tired from the 1600m (mile). I'm aiming for 10:50, which should place me somewhere in the top 8 or so if I'm lucky.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25354 on: March 23, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »

My "Dissolution of State Government" thread has sunk pretty far into the depths now.  That in itself is perfectly fine with me.  But I'm finding out more news stories of pending legislation that would be worth commenting on.  I'm partly saddened by that in itself, part that I'm basically a piss-poor excuse for a blogger, and partly that I feel like I shouldn't be inflicting any more political crap on what is essentially a lighthearted forum for a game I barely ever play.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25355 on: March 23, 2011, 09:21:06 pm »

Meh. If you don't talk politics others will.

Only they will be wildly biased in, lets admit it, a way that I am totally not biased in.

Better you then people I disagree with I say.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25356 on: March 23, 2011, 09:23:34 pm »

Addendum: If you don't bring politics in at a sensible angle then somebody whill shit out a sensationalist piece anyway will with begin in the depths and only go lower. Good on ya for starting them out in a decent place.

And urgh I fell asleep at a social gathering and my family is kinda pissed at me for doing so despite giving me no options here other than not sleeping. So I'm kinda drained and tired right now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25357 on: March 23, 2011, 11:21:35 pm »

Ye gods I need a working scanner.
This webcam thing is getting ridiculous. :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25358 on: March 23, 2011, 11:29:19 pm »

My "Dissolution of State Government" thread has sunk pretty far into the depths now.  That in itself is perfectly fine with me.  But I'm finding out more news stories of pending legislation that would be worth commenting on.  I'm partly saddened by that in itself, part that I'm basically a piss-poor excuse for a blogger, and partly that I feel like I shouldn't be inflicting any more political crap on what is essentially a lighthearted forum for a game I barely ever play.

Please bring it back up.  I really want to know.

I found out something terrible today.  On top of my experiences arguing with fangirls, and once again running into the plateau that is "emotional people."  I think of myself as an extremely emotional person.  I react to things that most people don't consider important, often strongly.  I get in a lot of arguments and fights.

But somehow, I'm still not "emotionally driven."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25359 on: March 23, 2011, 11:30:50 pm »

Most of us are like that Vector, we get pissed off at something small and end up brawling for it. There is still nothing wrong with you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25360 on: March 23, 2011, 11:32:02 pm »

Most of us are like that Vector, we get pissed off at something small and end up brawling for it. There is still nothing wrong with you.

Then why the fuck do people keep saying I'm sooooo logical and sooo unemotionally focused?  Why?  Why?

WAAUUUUUUGH
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25361 on: March 23, 2011, 11:32:35 pm »

That's too over-the top to be real emotion. The trick is to fake a reasonable amount.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25362 on: March 23, 2011, 11:35:15 pm »

Then why the fuck do people keep saying I'm sooooo logical and sooo unemotionally focused?  Why?  Why?

WAAUUUUUUGH
You're logical because you fight for the perfect system.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25363 on: March 23, 2011, 11:35:58 pm »

WAAUUUUUUGH
Probably because you are capable of keeping your head on straight, even if you get angry. I say that's a good thing, personally. Plus, math is logical (at least, I think it is.), and I would imagine most of these people are not ignorant to your mathmatical skill.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25364 on: March 23, 2011, 11:41:20 pm »

That's too over-the top to be real emotion. The trick is to fake a reasonable amount.

Actually, "WAAAAAUUUGH" is shorthand for "right around now, I'd be pacing around, shouting, and probably slamming my hand on the table when necessary to make a point.

I keep on saying I'm temperamental for a reason =/

Probably because you are capable of keeping your head on straight, even if you get angry.

That's true.  I don't think I really understand why other people can't.

Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 8167