Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439921 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25230 on: March 23, 2011, 10:17:52 am »

I'm unsure whether another forums I go to (the only one I visit regularly besides this one) is down, or if it's just me who can't access it, for whatever reason. I suspect I might be banned or something, but that wouldn't make me completely unable to visit the place, would it? I've never been banned from anywhere, so I have no experience with how it works. To further add to the confusion, the "is it down or is it just me?-like" services I checked out gave a 50-50 response, half of them saying it was down and the other half insisting it's up.

I also have no idea what I could possibly have done to be banned, if that is the case. I don't troll, I don't flame, the only thing I can think of as being negative is my (persisting, despite my efforts) tendency to nitpick and be a know-it-all, and having a hard time expressing feeling (as well as the right feeling ;)) in my writing. Unless my account's been stolen, I really don't know what could have brought this on.

Finally, I don't have any way of getting into contact with any moderators (as I can't access the site at all and can't get any "official" mail addresses or anything) except for through Facebook, which I am really hesitant to use as it feels like breach in manners/personal space, and the one moderator I have contacted there have not responded at all. It's really beginning to weigh on me. I liked that forum a lot.
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25231 on: March 23, 2011, 10:20:04 am »

unrelated (hopefully) to my internet, there's been gang-wares in my locale. two dead that I know of.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25232 on: March 23, 2011, 10:25:17 am »

I'm unsure whether another forums I go to (the only one I visit regularly besides this one) is down, or if it's just me who can't access it, <snip> I liked that forum a lot.

Try to use a proxy (or eight) to access the site.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25233 on: March 23, 2011, 10:58:05 am »

I've somehow managed to get a good whopping case of poison ivy *and* chiggers in one fell swoop from doing some yardwork several days ago. In March, no less. WTH?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go flay my skin off.... :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25234 on: March 23, 2011, 11:00:10 am »

i would say use rubbing alcohol for the chiggers but you got yourself into poison ivy too so bad idea.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25235 on: March 23, 2011, 11:03:54 am »

i would say use rubbing alcohol for the chiggers but you got yourself into poison ivy too so bad idea.

Well by the time chigger bites really show themselves, the little buggers are long gone. Ain't much to do except grit your teeth and try not to claw your own flesh off. Especially considering where the little bastards like to feed... :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25236 on: March 23, 2011, 11:09:04 am »

I'm unsure whether another forums I go to (the only one I visit regularly besides this one) is down, or if it's just me who can't access it, <snip> I liked that forum a lot.

Try to use a proxy (or eight) to access the site.
Did this, thanks for reminding me. Though, as I'm not very Internet savvy and really unsure about what this is and whether I can trust it or not, it took some convincing myself and I'm still feeling concious about it. I really hate feeling vulnerable.

Now, anyway, it seems the site's not down, and I'm not banned either (at least as far as I could tell), so what could possibly be keeping me away from it? It can't be something with the computer, or rather, it can't be just that, as I'm not able to connect through my phone either. I wish I knew more about these darned machines and related newfangled stuff.
Love, scriver~

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25237 on: March 23, 2011, 11:28:03 am »

Did you try pinging the site?
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25238 on: March 23, 2011, 11:29:28 am »

You can tell (Or PM some of us) What site it is and we can check to see if it is the same for us.

Maybe Down for everyone or just me is right and it is fluctuating for some reason.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25239 on: March 23, 2011, 11:35:33 am »

Big toe is bleeding.
Thank you Austrian state, for reminding me how expendable I am, in equipping us civilian servants with these wretched boots.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25240 on: March 23, 2011, 11:37:05 am »

Big toe is bleeding.
Thank you Austrian state, for reminding me how expendable I am, in equipping us civilian servants with these wretched boots.
Really? your militia equipment is that bad? i find our military boots awesome, definitely can climb slopes with these.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25241 on: March 23, 2011, 11:48:20 am »

Did you try pinging the site?
I don't know what that means, could you explain?

You can tell (Or PM some of us) What site it is and we can check to see if it is the same for us.

Maybe Down for everyone or just me is right and it is fluctuating for some reason.
It's none other than the Iron Tower Studios site. And I don't think it's just fluctuating, I haven't been able to access it at all for several weeks (I think, times garbles so much in my head). My account there is "Villfarelse", as ironic as it may seem now, and if you check out my last post you can see when I "lost contact".

Thanks the effort, by the way, both of you.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25242 on: March 23, 2011, 11:55:41 am »

I am truly sorry. Even on this computer of mine (very very crappy) I can connect with no issues.

I don't know what to say... Sorry.

Your last post was march 7, so about two and a half weeks ago.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25243 on: March 23, 2011, 11:58:27 am »

Big toe is bleeding.
Really? your militia equipment is that bad? i find our military boots awesome, definitely can climb slopes with these.
Civilian service is the alternative to military service here.
Classmate who chose military service, got delivered to the hospital, due to his boots, after the first two weeks of service.

Need to rub in my toes with cream after work, to reduce callus development.
Luckily only 3 more months left.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25244 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »

I am truly sorry. Even on this computer of mine (very very crappy) I can connect with no issues.

I don't know what to say... Sorry.

Your last post was march 7, so about two and a half weeks ago.

Seconded. Try opening this link to your avatar on the site.

Also: pinging sends a message from your PC to whatever other pc/website you want to see if you can reliably connect to it. Go into the "Run" command, type in "cmd" and hit enter, and in the command prompt, type "ping http://www.irontowerstudio.com/".

Also, can you access the site itself (http://www.irontowerstudio.com/) or doesn't that work either?
Pages: 1 ... 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685 ... 8167