Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446330 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25080 on: March 21, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »

My Northern Frontier game isn't getting as much of a response as I'd hoped.  :/  Hopefully I'll be able to get at least one party together, although so far only one person has put a character sheet together.  Oh well, I'm sure something'll come of it.  Luckily, the player-driven nature of it means I don't have to do a whole lot of work on it until I know where a group is going, so if it does just sink to the bottom of the forum I won't have wasted a whole bunch of time.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25081 on: March 21, 2011, 08:38:20 pm »

Yeah... I am pretty pissed at the whole concept of D&D right now.

Unfairly so but still.

I will put something together, but I am having a hard time thinking of when I could play it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25082 on: March 21, 2011, 08:41:08 pm »

I find the concept of P&P roleplaying intriguing, but I don't have the time or the inclination to get involved with that IRL.

I'm somewhat more willing to try that online, but I can't give guarantees as to my ability to be a regular.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25083 on: March 21, 2011, 09:18:38 pm »

Oh. God.

I have bitter bitter grapes.

Horrid horrid. No fruit should be bitter.

These are the grapes of wrath.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #25084 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »

I find the concept of P&P roleplaying intriguing, but I don't have the time or the inclination to get involved with that IRL.

I'm somewhat more willing to try that online, but I can't give guarantees as to my ability to be a regular.

Used to do P&P RPGs, but I too lost the time to do it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25085 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:51 pm »

I am unable to eat most plant matter that has not been processed beyond belief. Boo, lack of ability to digest fiber!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25086 on: March 21, 2011, 09:24:59 pm »

I think I'm missing somthing here, since as I understand it no human can digest fiber, and that's exactly why it is useful to us.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25087 on: March 21, 2011, 09:26:39 pm »

Hm. Well, in either case, mine doesn't go through, it just hits my stomach and comes back up an hour or so later. Even when blended into sauces without my knowledge (as my wife did when we first met because she didn't believe me.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25088 on: March 21, 2011, 09:27:53 pm »

Hm. Well, in either case, mine doesn't go through, it just hits my stomach and comes back up an hour or so later. Even when blended into sauces without my knowledge (as my wife did when we first met because she didn't believe me.)
...... should i asked how this concluded for her.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25089 on: March 21, 2011, 09:38:28 pm »

We had a delicious spaghetti dinner. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and then we set about our normal routines (her on the couch watching tv and me at the computer.) About 30 minutes after dinner was over, I was in the bathroom puking my guts out. *shrug*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25090 on: March 21, 2011, 09:39:41 pm »

So do you have to take any supplements or something? I thought fiber might be important.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25091 on: March 21, 2011, 09:42:11 pm »

I'm supposed to. >.> Those, however, are simply for the nutrients that I'm missing out on by not eating vegetables and fruits. As far as I know, it hasn't impacted me too terribly, but I certainly wouldn't want to have to clean my colon out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25092 on: March 21, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »

We had a delicious spaghetti dinner. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and then we set about our normal routines (her on the couch watching tv and me at the computer.) About 30 minutes after dinner was over, I was in the bathroom puking my guts out. *shrug*
Do you get boils after eating fiber?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25093 on: March 21, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »

It sounds as if your digestive tract just rejects high concentrations of fiber. I've never heard of that kind of disorder before. I didn't even think somthing like that would be possible to live with.

I thought fiber might be important.
Fiber isn't strictly vital, but bad things can happen to one's digestive system if it's lacking, because it basically functions as a cleaning agent due to its indigestive properties.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25094 on: March 21, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »

Do you get boils after eating fiber?

No, I've never actually had boils. I just puke.

It sounds as if your digestive tract just rejects high concentrations of fiber. I've never heard of that kind of disorder before. I didn't even think somthing like that would be possible to live with.

And yeah, that sounds about right. I can do a little tiny amount of fiber, like a normal sized sandwich. I eat mostly white potato bread, just because it's easier on my guts for some reason. Whole grain bread has me cramped up in under an hour. Pizza crust seems to be okay, as does the sauce. But a salad, or even spinach wontons (which I would happily eat all day long if they didn't make me sick,)? Fuhgettaboutit.

Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 8167