Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1660 1661 [1662] 1663 1664 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439548 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #24915 on: March 19, 2011, 05:49:44 pm »

LAN party didn't work out, I'm stuck at home with only productive things I should be doing :/

Why are you so reluctant to be useful?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24916 on: March 19, 2011, 06:30:52 pm »

Bluh... Fucking flashbacks... Hate this...
*Hugs*

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24917 on: March 19, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »

Parents. Blarg. Finally got around to depositing 3458USD of checks into my bank account which had like one or two dollars in it before, and my parents won't let me link my bank account to my paypal account. Blarg.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24918 on: March 19, 2011, 09:03:03 pm »

Parents. Blarg. Finally got around to depositing 3458USD of checks into my bank account which had like one or two dollars in it before, and my parents won't let me link my bank account to my paypal account. Blarg.
I guess that's understandable.  Maybe you can get a certain amount over to the paypal account?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24919 on: March 19, 2011, 09:17:19 pm »

I guess that's understandable.  Maybe you can get a certain amount over to the paypal account?
I don't know. My dad claims it was because of some bs about bank cards. :shrug:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24920 on: March 19, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »

Not so much sad as somewhat irked. Today was one of those days where I really, really would have been happy to be on commission. See happy thread for details. I take a lot of pride in my work, but damn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24921 on: March 19, 2011, 09:56:34 pm »

You said your employers all love you, right? Can't you try to negotiate a commission rate? Hell, given your sale numbers, it wouldn't even have to be that large of a commission to rake in a good amount of money.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24922 on: March 19, 2011, 10:00:31 pm »

Actually, I'm working on moving into an internship when I finish my degree. From there, I'll probably (based on my skillset) springboard into a combination of commissioned software sales to business clients, programming, and management. Future's looking pretty good. If only it would get here sooner.

Edit: Had a thought whilst in the kitchen, making dinner. With the combination of my force of personality (and martial arts) and my wife's bust (and snark), my daughter will probably wind up a Marvel superhero. Thing is, she's utterly insane, and sometimes downright evil. Sometimes, I worry about the fate of the world at the hands of this little girl.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:27:04 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24923 on: March 19, 2011, 11:17:05 pm »

Actually, I'm working on moving into an internship when I finish my degree. From there, I'll probably (based on my skillset) springboard into a combination of commissioned software sales to business clients, programming, and management. Future's looking pretty good. If only it would get here sooner.

Edit: Had a thought whilst in the kitchen, making dinner. With the combination of my force of personality (and martial arts) and my wife's bust (and snark), my daughter will probably wind up a Marvel superhero. Thing is, she's utterly insane, and sometimes downright evil. Sometimes, I worry about the fate of the world at the hands of this little girl.
Kill her before it is too late!

(insert trollface here)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24924 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:12 am »

Your trollface aside, even Max's stories about his daughter are sort of frighting. I've never heard of any other child eat ultra-spicy chips stonefaced and curse out bad drivers before entering middle school.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24925 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:22 am »

Your trollface aside, even Max's stories about his daughter are sort of frighting. I've never heard of any other child eat ultra-spicy chips stonefaced and curse out bad drivers before entering middle school.
Sounds like MaximumZero has a pretty awesome daughter.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24926 on: March 20, 2011, 01:12:23 am »

4Chan is down. :'(

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24927 on: March 20, 2011, 01:22:07 am »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24928 on: March 20, 2011, 01:26:50 am »

LAN party didn't work out, I'm stuck at home with only productive things I should be doing :/
Why are you so reluctant to be useful?
If it was work related or school related, I could manage.  But the productive stuff I have in mind is learning to use Blender to make 3D models and also writing books.  Trouble is... well, school and work are clear cut.  Do the work = rewards, most of the time.  But with this other stuff, I could do them for a year and get nothing to show for it.  But I can't think of anything else I'd want to do to improve my life, really.  It's nothing really... I know what I have to do, I just don't want to do it because I'm worried it won't work out.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24929 on: March 20, 2011, 01:31:17 am »

If you try, it has a pretty decent chance of never coming to fruition.

If you don't try, it has a 0% chance of coming to fruition.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 1660 1661 [1662] 1663 1664 ... 8167