Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1656 1657 [1658] 1659 1660 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443293 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #24855 on: March 18, 2011, 11:48:16 pm »

I am also an atheist, but here's the thing about "faith in humanity": It has to exist. There can be no evil without good. By definition, we need differing experiances to be able to differentiate between them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24856 on: March 18, 2011, 11:58:24 pm »

*sigh*

My cousin is convinced that he's dying of radiation poisoning, and is going around telling everyone goodbye.  I think he's about 17 or 18 years old now.

Goddammit, why do I have to have such a crazy family?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24857 on: March 18, 2011, 11:59:13 pm »

*sigh*

My cousin is convinced that he's dying of radiation poisoning, and is going around telling everyone goodbye.  I think he's about 17 or 18 years old now.

Goddammit, why do I have to have such a crazy family?
why is he dieing from radiation poisoning?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24858 on: March 18, 2011, 11:59:46 pm »

Nuclear stuff in Japan.

He lives in California, by the way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24859 on: March 19, 2011, 12:01:17 am »

>_> i expect early death from him due to stupidity not radiation.

It isn't even hitting Hawaii yet.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #24860 on: March 19, 2011, 12:01:42 am »

Tell him the only thing he is suffering from is an imbalance between his news intake and facts intake...

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24861 on: March 19, 2011, 12:03:29 am »

What a fucking idiot.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24862 on: March 19, 2011, 12:05:28 am »

>_> i expect early death from him due to stupidity not radiation.

It isn't even hitting Hawaii yet.

No, heightened radiation has actually been found by UC Berkeley.

Tell him the only thing he is suffering from is an imbalance between his news intake and facts intake...

As you might have noticed, he has severe anxiety problems.  Also a lot of social problems, dyslexia, and sensory integration disorder... =/  He's not a very easy person to talk to.

What a fucking idiot.

I'm sorry, did you actually want to insult my family or would you like to reattempt your diplomacy roll?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24863 on: March 19, 2011, 12:07:14 am »

*sigh*

Hehehe!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24864 on: March 19, 2011, 12:07:29 am »

What a fucking idiot.
seriously, what is with your level of sensitivity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24865 on: March 19, 2011, 12:08:15 am »

*sigh*

Hehehe!

... I don't think it's very funny.  That's why it's in the sad thread, rather than the happy thread.  He actually thinks he's dying, guys.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24866 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:20 am »

*sigh*

Hehehe!

... I don't think it's very funny.  That's why it's in the sad thread, rather than the happy thread.  He actually thinks he's dying, guys.

Perhaps you should tell him to a) start taking the sensationalist news with a grain of salt, b) do some research on the effects of radiation poisoning and be honest with himself about symptoms [that's the important part], and c) if he's that worried about it, go get a checkup.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24867 on: March 19, 2011, 12:12:04 am »

Perhaps you should talk to him about it. It can't be that hard to convince someone who isn't actually dying that they aren't dying. His not-dead-ness should make a good point of evidence for you to argue that he isn't dying. And even if you can't convince him, sooner or later he's going to realize that his fatal radiation poisoning has failed to end his life. Of course, that could make him come to the conclusion that he's a living god or somthing, which would also be bad.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #24868 on: March 19, 2011, 12:12:34 am »

What a fucking idiot.
Yeah. When people start to believe stuff like that it's often a sign of serious mental health issues, and completely out of the person's control.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24869 on: March 19, 2011, 12:13:13 am »

What a fucking idiot.

But really, come on! He's worried when he's in California? Thats just dumb.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.
Pages: 1 ... 1656 1657 [1658] 1659 1660 ... 8167