Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451457 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #24060 on: March 11, 2011, 07:14:59 am »

While I understand what you mean... yes, it is most certainly fighting dirty, especially if you do so pre-emptively. It's crossing a line that shouldn't really be crossed unless actually necessary.

If the dude's coming at you, it's no longer preemptive. If you're in any situation where someone wants to beat you into pulp, there aren't really any lines to cross.
You're better off just making a run for it, anyway.

Yes, I can kick like a mule but if there's someone else there they just smah into me and I can't really best anyone in terms of strength.

And again, I call to the use of the collapsible baton. Swinging one open is pretty frightening on its own and will get people to back off quite a number of times, has reach, power and it's stealthy.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24061 on: March 11, 2011, 07:17:38 am »

Firstly, there's a common misconception that kicking someone in the nuts is an instant takedown. This is not true. If you've ever actually been in a real fight and felt an adrenaline rush you know that you can shrug off damage a lot easier than if someone just walks up and kicks you in the balls.

Two, if you do that you instantly escalate the fight. The other guy is now going to be super pissed, and he is not going to hesitate at all to kick /you/ in the balls. So if you lose the fight, you've just guaranteed yourself a few good boots into that area yourself.

Thirdly, if this is some school bully you just kicked in the nuts he is going to hold a grudge, and you have to be in the same place as him every day for quite some time.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24062 on: March 11, 2011, 07:17:55 am »

People talking about their serious conditions and about death.
This is not a job, for people with empathy.
It would be less depressing, if I wasn't in my current state.

Also it's pissing me off, that people complain about me using my mobile phone to much.
If they were able to provide a semi-intelligent discussion, I wouldn't be using it, right?

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24063 on: March 11, 2011, 07:26:57 am »

Firstly, there's a common misconception that kicking someone in the nuts is an instant takedown. This is not true.

Nothing short of some very ugly martial arts moves can be considered instant takedowns. But if you have a good chance of getting an attacker squirming in pain, why not use it.

Thirdly, if this is some school bully you just kicked in the nuts he is going to hold a grudge, and you have to be in the same place as him every day for quite some time.
Hence my suggestion to simply turn and run if possible, or carry a beatstick if you're slightly off in the head like MM. (No offense, man, but misplaced chivalry when you're as thin as a stick isn't very bright.)
Fights are extremely unpredictable and dangerous things, so for all our discussion about breaking people's bricks, getting into a fight should be avoided at all costs.
Just run for it.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24064 on: March 11, 2011, 07:31:15 am »

Firstly, there's a common misconception that kicking someone in the nuts is an instant takedown. This is not true.

Nothing short of some very ugly martial arts moves can be considered instant takedowns. But if you have a good chance of getting an attacker squirming in pain, why not use it.

Hence my suggestion to simply turn and run if possible, or carry a beatstick if you're slightly off in the head like MM. (No offense, man, but misplaced chivalry when you're as thin as a stick isn't very bright.)
Fights are extremely unpredictable and dangerous things, so for all our discussion about breaking people's bricks, getting into a fight should be avoided at all costs.
Just run for it.
Err. Don't you mean off in the head like AoD?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24065 on: March 11, 2011, 07:33:25 am »

I was referring to MM's compulsion to help the underdog in a fight, regardless of personal injury.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24066 on: March 11, 2011, 07:35:58 am »

I was referring to MM's compulsion to help the underdog in a fight, regardless of personal injury.
Oh. I don't think he's off in the head. I just think he has pretty big balls to even attempt what he did.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24067 on: March 11, 2011, 07:36:29 am »

Aw fuck... and Yumi's working late again today...
*Hugs*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24068 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53:51 am »

The Japan thread.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24069 on: March 11, 2011, 10:59:30 am »

Find the bastard and beat the living shit out of him. Remember, left foot foward, right arm backwards, right arm foward in a straight motion.
Can you... give an explanation for how this would help anything...?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24070 on: March 11, 2011, 11:02:17 am »

Find the bastard and beat the living shit out of him. Remember, left foot foward, right arm backwards, right arm foward in a straight motion.
Can you... give an explanation for how this would help anything...?
Yes please, unless the guy is slow and gives to time to power up that move is literally stupid.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24071 on: March 11, 2011, 11:04:09 am »

Damn, I lost an important sheet of paper from school <_<

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24072 on: March 11, 2011, 11:08:53 am »

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24073 on: March 11, 2011, 11:09:49 am »

I miss the eighties.  :(  (born 1982)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24074 on: March 11, 2011, 11:18:07 am »

No power for the past 4 hours or so
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 8167