Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451313 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #24030 on: March 10, 2011, 01:12:59 pm »

Quitting (at least temporarily) the forums.
Wait, wait, wait. What the hell happened?
Why do I keep missing these things?

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24031 on: March 10, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »

because I disapproved of her choice of her relapsed alcoholic DV offender father in law who hit on her before he married her mother as a babysitter.

How did you express your disapproval?

By telling her "I don't want him watching my son. He is a drunk and a drug user. He is not safe around my son"
Then on monday when she was supposed to drop him off with me and decided instead to use this guy to babysit instead, I picked up my son from his mom's house.

Damn... can't you get a retrial or contest the decision or something?
Nope. It's something called a protective order, and appearently only on the court date do I get to dispute it, so this guy gets to watch my son for a few weeks.
And no doubt the fact that nothing happened to go wrong during this short period will be used to justify their stance.

By the way, here's the E-Mail I got the day before this happened...

I do not know what to say to you except that I want to be able to parent (The Child's Name) without you for awhile. I have not had a lot of time to parent him in the way that I wish to parent. I want to be allowed to do just that. I want to be allowed to finally be angry with you which I could not do while you were here. I do not like (The Child's Name) being moved from house to house every other day. I do not like that (The Child's Name) is in the middle of this between you and I. Providing (The Child's Name) with a stable environment where there is NO yelling at him or by ANYONE is very important for his well-being. I do not care for the environment over at your sister's house in spite of 'socialization' with his cousins.

At this time there is nothing that I can say to you that will help you or us to heal. I need time to heal myself. I would hope that you would act selflessly and have faith in my ability to be a competent mother.   

Something to note: The drunk yelled at me over how fit he was to watch my son and said I was lucky he didn't hit me in the head with a broomstick when I picked him up on Monday.
My son has also told his cousin he is "Too Busy" to talk to him when he clearly wasn't doing anything except sitting. This is a mirror of behavior I have seen his mom do.
The fact that this can happen to me and there is nothing I can do to protect my son (or even have someone check up on his welfare every few hours) {If I did, I'd go to jail for violating the protection order and instantly make it permanant} has made me very sad indeed, though there is currently a little anger and worry thrown in there too. The anger comes and goes, the sadness and worry are the primary feelings. Turns out I am not selfless or have faith in the competence of someone who allows such a person to watch my son.

I'm angry with myself a lot about this though, because I allowed this person to move his RV his homeless self was living in into my driveway. I brought upon me by giving in to the whims of my wife on an issue that was inherently disrespectful.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24032 on: March 10, 2011, 03:18:33 pm »

I picked up my son from his mom's house.

That doesn't sound like a smart move.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24033 on: March 10, 2011, 03:25:17 pm »

How would you know Footkerchief? I wouldn't feel well knowing my kid was around someone prone to violence.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24034 on: March 10, 2011, 04:52:44 pm »

That was before the protection order, I think.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24035 on: March 10, 2011, 05:48:14 pm »

Grandfather's back in the hospital for the millionth time, this time with pneumonia. He's got a tough soul but multiple bouts with cancer and heart attacks have left his body pretty weak. On the phone my mom tried to explain it as a 50/50 chance of making it through the weekend, but from the sounds of things it's a lot less optimistic and the doctors are probably going to just put him on pain meds and let him pass in peace with his family around. So I've got to fly home tomorrow to be there and will likely be around for at least a week before classes get important enough that I have to fly back.

Kind of sad that I'm only in university but already rapidly running out of grandparents. With a remarriage, I had five growing up. If my grandfather goes I've just got my paternal grandmother left, and this'd be my mom's second loss of a parent within a year. She still hasn't totally gotten over the passing of my other grandmother. And they've all only been in their mid-late 70s when they died (the three who already have plus the one who's likely to). Going to be a tough week.

So yeah, I probably won't be around that much.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24036 on: March 10, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »

I completely understand that.. The same situation happened to me and my mother... sorry to hear about that :(
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24037 on: March 10, 2011, 07:32:39 pm »

Grandfather's back in the hospital for the millionth time, this time with pneumonia. He's got a tough soul but multiple bouts with cancer and heart attacks have left his body pretty weak. On the phone my mom tried to explain it as a 50/50 chance of making it through the weekend, but from the sounds of things it's a lot less optimistic and the doctors are probably going to just put him on pain meds and let him pass in peace with his family around. So I've got to fly home tomorrow to be there and will likely be around for at least a week before classes get important enough that I have to fly back.

Kind of sad that I'm only in university but already rapidly running out of grandparents. With a remarriage, I had five growing up. If my grandfather goes I've just got my paternal grandmother left, and this'd be my mom's second loss of a parent within a year. She still hasn't totally gotten over the passing of my other grandmother. And they've all only been in their mid-late 70s when they died (the three who already have plus the one who's likely to). Going to be a tough week.

So yeah, I probably won't be around that much.

Christ. I never knew either of my grandfathers, and both of my grandmothers are dead now... It makes me wonder what I've missed, sometimes.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24038 on: March 10, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »

Both of my paternal grandparents are in their 90s, and both of my maternal grandparents are gone.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24039 on: March 10, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »

I only have one grandparent left.  I think she's going to be around for a while, though, and she's one of only two close extended relatives I have.  My mom's side of the family is gigantic and has pretty good longevity.  I just don't really know them very well.  I had a pair of great-grandparents on her side that both passed away a couple years ago, not long after their massive 75th wedding anniversary.

My dad, on the other hand, has only two living relatives... his brother and his aunt.  His dad basically worked himself to death in his mid-30's (well before I was born), and his mom was a pathetic manipulative, selfish, and self-pitying creature who had a minor stroke in her 40's that she could have easily recovered from with some effort, but she used it as an excuse to turn into a helpless blob of meat who the world revolved around until she faded away into oblivion from basically nothing but fatal amounts of lethargy.  It may sound harsh, but she was apparently always like that and her attitide mostly lead to the death of her husband, the fucking up of her kid's childhoods and a good part of mine, and in general is responsible for the majority of the dysfunction in my immediate family.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #24040 on: March 10, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »

Celtx sucks.

All I want is a program that will format a script for me, not something so feature-heavy that it lags.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24041 on: March 11, 2011, 12:15:20 am »

Kinda pissed off at a number of things, one particular tick being a tipping point that made the rest suddenly very apparent.

Still, this motivating me to actually do my work instead of pissing about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24042 on: March 11, 2011, 12:20:05 am »

I casually passed by the market data box while scrolling down BBC News's home page.
Everything is down. :I

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24043 on: March 11, 2011, 02:33:08 am »

I hate the house I moved into recently (it's so damn small!). On the upside, though, I changed my internet company and my internet no longer makes a snail look like a jaguar.

*edit*  Ugh. I got a Hep-B vaccine at school a few days back and I'm being effected by it.  Most of the side effects like fever and blurred vision are gone but I have been having trouble breathing and staying upright.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:47:32 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #24044 on: March 11, 2011, 06:48:46 am »

Got the snot beaten out of me today, was sticking up for another guy but the beaten up's not what makes me sad, it's the fact assholes think it's ok to pick on people >:(
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 8167