Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429996 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #23475 on: February 28, 2011, 10:12:14 am »

So am I the only ones who rebukes these people for being shallow, single minded apes?
That would be a very shallow thing of you to do.
Love, scriver~

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23476 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:18 am »

So am I the only ones who rebukes these people for being shallow, single minded apes?

It pisses me off.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23477 on: February 28, 2011, 10:23:25 am »

It pisses me off.
So what? Are you allowed to be shallow whenever it makes stuff easier for you, and still judge other people for being it just because they're shallow in way you don't approve of?
Love, scriver~

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23478 on: February 28, 2011, 10:25:28 am »

How does it make it easier for me and also I do it because a lot of female persons who over hear the blatently loud conversations have found it disgusting, annoying and distracting yet do nothing about it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23479 on: February 28, 2011, 10:46:21 am »

How does it make it easier for me and also I do it because a lot of female persons who over hear the blatently loud conversations have found it disgusting, annoying and distracting yet do nothing about it.
Writing them of as inferior to you, and turning them into easy stereotypes, depersonalizes and dehumanizes them. If you don't have to think of them as real persons, you don't have to give a damn about them. If they're not in your monkey-sphere, it's okay insult and degrade them.

And how does you being shallow for a reason excuse it? They have reasons for being shallow as well, does that make their behaviour more acceptable?
Love, scriver~

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23480 on: February 28, 2011, 10:48:08 am »

Ok, you lost me now... let's say you won the argument, I'm a giant prick with an inferiority complex and leave it at that.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23481 on: February 28, 2011, 10:48:45 am »

Too many of you guys are claiming the inferiority complex...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23482 on: February 28, 2011, 10:51:22 am »

I'm lazy, first thing that came into my head. I'm not really feeling like right a giant wall of text about how I'm in no better position than them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23483 on: February 28, 2011, 11:11:34 am »

I wasn't bringing this up for the sake of "winning". I'd much rather have you understand where I'm coming from. I don't know if you did or not, but if you don't want to talk about it any more, I'll stop as well.
Love, scriver~

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23484 on: February 28, 2011, 11:14:51 am »

I just get lost easily, I don't want to blunder on in a topic that I don't understand and make an ass of my self unintentionally. Also I KINDA get where you're coming from, that I'm being as bad as them if not worse but what can I say? I do it.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23485 on: February 28, 2011, 11:21:30 am »

Indeed. I'm tired of being put in the male stereotype.
And I really don't want to bond with these kind of people.

Not to mention that it's a terribly shallow bond.
A much better one can be achieved with having inside jokes or discussing topics of interests, without degrading or objectifying other people.

Aye. The one downside to my new flat is that the guys who live under us are, as we called them, a bunch of bros. "YOOOO MANNNNNN, CHECK THAT SHIT OOOOOUT!!!! DAMMMMMMN WANNA TAP THAT KNOW WHAT I MEEEEAN HAHAAAAA." But it really was the only downside, so it's pretty tolerable. Just gotta remember to shout "YOOOO MANNNNNNNN HAHAHAAA YEAHHHHHHHHH" every time we pass their open door.

And I'm with scriver on not writing people off as inferior to you because they have one ingratiating quality. Eye-for-an-eye retribution is pretty old school. If you want to be better than them, act better; don't just call them apes and assume your superiority.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23486 on: February 28, 2011, 11:23:47 am »

i operate eye for eye retribution on my brother to suppress his superiority complex...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23487 on: February 28, 2011, 11:41:07 am »

I just get lost easily, I don't want to blunder on in a topic that I don't understand and make an ass of my self unintentionally. Also I KINDA get where you're coming from, that I'm being as bad as them if not worse but what can I say? I do it.
Well, I don't want to make it out like I'm some sort of saintly, impeccable Messiah-figure (We recently found out that's Ochita, after all), I do it as well - probably more often than I think. But I also actively work against that kind of thoughts, and am trying to change the thought-patterns that make me think it. It is one of all those childish urges and automatised reaction that most people have to try to overcome, if we actually want anything productive to come from it.

i operate eye for eye retribution on my brother to suppress his superiority complex...
Brothers (and sisters, of course) are fair game though. But only older ones! Younger brothers should be praised, and offered ridiculous amounts of goodies and shineys every day.
Love, scriver~

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23488 on: February 28, 2011, 11:42:51 am »

At first I respected you for the break down of your first comment.

Then reading the second I see I'm talking to some kind of half-angel =P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23489 on: February 28, 2011, 11:44:51 am »

Then reading the second I see I'm talking to some kind of half-angel =P
I see you don't have older siblings and possibly lots of younger ones. He is a messiah.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 8167