Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427758 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #23445 on: February 27, 2011, 07:40:58 pm »

Well, do your best to provide aid for now, but no drugs. Non-human animals handle them much differently than we do. If it's what it appears to be, then all you really need worry about is infection. If it's more than it appears, well, you'll be able to get to a vet at some point, right?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #23446 on: February 27, 2011, 07:43:35 pm »

Yeah, we will. I'll be sure to take care of her. Thanks.

EDIT: I took a closer look at her and now I can't tell if her nose is dirty or actually crushed/burned. It looks like one of her teeth might've overgrown. I have no idea right now...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:07:03 pm by Jack_Bread »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23447 on: February 27, 2011, 11:41:00 pm »

I whine and rage too much.  I need to stop, but I can't.  It's so addictive.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #23448 on: February 28, 2011, 12:05:00 am »

My puppy scratched me badly enough that I put gauze and some antibacterial stuff on it.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23449 on: February 28, 2011, 12:08:45 am »

I'm studying for Histology, and was about to go get something to eat.

Then I got to the part talking about the "red pulp" and "white pulp" that make up the spleen.

Suddenly I've lost all will and desire to eat anything. Bleugh.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #23450 on: February 28, 2011, 12:29:21 am »

My puppy scratched me badly enough that I put gauze and some antibacterial stuff on it.

Poor dog.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23451 on: February 28, 2011, 01:11:30 am »

I'm studying for Histology, and was about to go get something to eat.

Then I got to the part talking about the "red pulp" and "white pulp" that make up the spleen.

Suddenly I've lost all will and desire to eat anything. Bleugh.
Back when I studied histology, we had two teachers, one that taught most of the classes, and one that always seemed high or off the mark, and gave only five. When preparing the exam, I was out of time, so I ignored the bits of the subject taught by the crazy one.

Turned out said crazy was the actual titular teacher, who had had a breakdown the former year. The whole exam was made of questions out of those five classes.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23452 on: February 28, 2011, 01:28:15 am »

The memories are worst at night. I've lost track of the sound of him being hit, but the images of him struggling to stand after first being hit and his final look give to me as the vet carries him off to put him down still haunt me. I have a psychology class tomorrow, so I'll talk to my professor and see what advice she can give. I was generally rather annoyed with her for Vector-like reasons, but I would be tremendously grateful for whatever help she can give. I'm rather sure this trauma is gonna cause some psychological issues later on, so best combat that now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23453 on: February 28, 2011, 03:38:43 am »

Well, my sad today is going to be only minor.

I'M AWAKE AND ITS 6 HOURS EARLIER THAN I NORMALLY GET UP, SADFACE :(
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23454 on: February 28, 2011, 03:50:23 am »

I've got a message from Internet Protection Essentials saying I need to register because of a virus. An obviously fake virus. I've deleted IPE from my computer but it won't go away.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23455 on: February 28, 2011, 03:52:40 am »

Run CCleaner.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23456 on: February 28, 2011, 03:54:07 am »

I have repeatedly.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23457 on: February 28, 2011, 04:19:24 am »

Download rkill.exe.

Disconnect the infected computer from your LAN and the internet

Run it.

If it doesn't work rename it to eXplorer.exe (Capitalize the X)

It will kill the virus processes and list where they're located.  Navigate to those locations and delete what you find.

If it doesn't detect anything make sure the virus is running when you do it.  Try restarting and then running it before you close any of the popups.
Shoes...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #23458 on: February 28, 2011, 04:39:13 am »

The memories are worst at night. I've lost track of the sound of him being hit, but the images of him struggling to stand after first being hit and his final look give to me as the vet carries him off to put him down still haunt me. I have a psychology class tomorrow, so I'll talk to my professor and see what advice she can give. I was generally rather annoyed with her for Vector-like reasons, but I would be tremendously grateful for whatever help she can give. I'm rather sure this trauma is gonna cause some psychological issues later on, so best combat that now.
You know, when I had a dog I would have dreams of him dying in my arms. I would then wake up and check on him to make sure he was still breathing. Said dog is actually still alive, although not in our custody.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23459 on: February 28, 2011, 04:40:54 am »

The memories will fade in time..
I feel for you, I know exactly what you're going through right now.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 8167