Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453340 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22725 on: February 19, 2011, 05:02:33 pm »

I can safely say that mine wouldn't. Then again, that's just me.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22726 on: February 19, 2011, 05:03:54 pm »

That depends on how close one has been to starvation, and how loose ones morals are in the first place.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22727 on: February 19, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »

I've done more than a few 24-hour fasts, which weren't that bad.  I've also lived on about 400 calories a day for multiple weeks (due to psychological problems), which was horrible, but I wasn't totally desperate.  My temper and personality went downhill, but my sense of morals rested intact.

Actually starving, though?  I'm fairly certain that, were it steal or die with absolutely no other options, I would fleece the rich Berkeley college students for a loaf of bread or two while their backs were turned.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22728 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:15 pm »

I dunno, closest I've come was about a year back when we were on a £10 month budget.
*Hugs*

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22729 on: February 19, 2011, 05:18:17 pm »

The closest I got to that was during the Bandfest trip I went on a few weeks ago. $15 for a week, with no prospect of using an oven. It was also in a large city, so it didn't go very far. Luckily some friends pooled some money with me, and we got ourselves a heating element, I hooked up some 9-volt batteries and a switch with my soldering kit, and we bought a cheap metal bowl to boil water in. A box of cheap noodles, some salt and pepper from a Taco Bell, and two plastic forks later, we had quite the feast. I'm just really glad I like noodles, because that's what we ate for four days. Poor planning, indeed. (My mom thought I said that $15 was recommended, not $50.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22730 on: February 19, 2011, 05:24:45 pm »

1 sortof funeral (the vicar at our local church was very kind to run it, really), 1 wedding, and 1 civil partnership ceremony.  None of them were particularly traditional, heh.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #22731 on: February 19, 2011, 05:37:52 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:17:13 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22732 on: February 19, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

Trying to find some Touhou themed RPG games.. Haven't found one yet...
How 'bout this one?

On topic, I've had a long discussion about mobbing and drugs with my mom today. Society makes me sad.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22733 on: February 19, 2011, 05:58:16 pm »

ergh, i found that game to weird for me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22734 on: February 19, 2011, 06:06:26 pm »

Yeah, parents can be really odd sometime...
Mine are proud immigrants, which came to this country with little more than the clothes they were wearing.
Psychical lability seems to be quite common on the family side of my mother and she inherited some of it, while my fathers is full of simpletons, which just don't seem to be able to find a place in these modern times.

So yeah, this resulted in a lot of interesting situations.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #22735 on: February 19, 2011, 06:11:19 pm »

It sucks starving.
When i was like twelve or eleven my dad stopped paying child support and my mom was out of a job, we ate from the garden for a bit.But then it ran out.
We went like four days without nothing to eat but a puny acorn sqaush that we shared.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22736 on: February 19, 2011, 06:12:32 pm »

Oh God.

My cities Libraries let you put books into a Digital Bookbag so you can remember them and order them later.

I think I reached the max.

I don't even know how this is possible.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22737 on: February 19, 2011, 10:37:51 pm »

I know it's late, but yeah, starving will make you crazy. Crazy enough to make you want to kill something willingly and then eat it. (I'm normally very squeamish about that, but after a week with no food, it starts to become very tempting.) Yes, there is turmoil in the world, but I don't believe that the whole world (especially the States, where people are too apathetic to really riot unless their college football team loses,) is going to go absolutely apeshit and turn into Fallout 3 anytime soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22738 on: February 20, 2011, 12:27:29 am »

Bleh... Mood ruined...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22739 on: February 20, 2011, 12:30:52 am »

RP thread inveaded by sentient spambot.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 ... 8167