Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456144 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22680 on: February 18, 2011, 06:25:22 pm »

Just finished playing Professor Layton. However, I'm less sad about the actual ending, and more because the game is over:/

On the bright side, I got to see Layton with his hat off

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #22681 on: February 18, 2011, 07:11:08 pm »

Well, some reasons it could happen (we're generally given "soft" word limits on our essays):
- The teacher doesn't want the students to spend overly long on the essay.
- It's quite a specific essay, and if you go way over the limit you're either being irrelevant or repeating stuff
- The teacher has several classes worth of essays to mark, and they just won't have the time if people are handing in huge ones
- One of the specifications of the essay is to be concise and understandable

Yeah, often all those reasons. We're given soft counts on our stuff too, generally within a page give-or-take of the listed word count, but I was three pages over :\
I once typed up a short story thing that had a page requirement. Then I found out it had to be double-spaced. I had around twice the maximum. This lead to me madly chopping out sentences in an effort to shorten it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22682 on: February 18, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »

Trying to find some Touhou themed RPG games.. Haven't found one yet...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22683 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:17 pm »

Trying to find some Touhou themed RPG games.. Haven't found one yet...
im still working on one, abated i have no skills in art what so ever and programming blows so best i can do is use a game maker and script up the storyline, I WANT TO ADD GUYS DAMNIT

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22684 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:57 pm »

The actor that plays Kevin in the US The Office doesn't actually talk like Kevin normally.  :[

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22685 on: February 18, 2011, 10:58:07 pm »

My left earlobe hurts, stupid headset. >.>
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22686 on: February 18, 2011, 11:35:16 pm »

I just tried Fort Zombie.  The only thing worse than this game is the fact that the developers expect people to pay money for it.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22687 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:16 pm »

I just tried Fort Zombie.  The only thing worse than this game is the fact that the developers expect people to pay money for it.
look it at this way, at least they aren't charging you 60 bucks for the shitty game.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22688 on: February 19, 2011, 12:37:50 am »

Reading War and Peace.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE BEEN READING IT FOR A WEEK AND A HALF. I'M ONLY 100 PAGES IN. GOD DAMN.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22689 on: February 19, 2011, 09:46:58 am »

Went to sleep at 7PM, woke up at 6AM, but I kept waking up for several hours prior because I could tell one of my hands had gone numb, and because a light was turned on but I didn't feel like getting up to turn it off.

More seriously, I have to pick up and drive family to funeral, for a person I've never met, related to a family-friend I barely know.  I'm not sad about any of that, funerals are just sad things.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22690 on: February 19, 2011, 11:39:43 am »

Although feeling well again, still coughing like mad to clear my lungs out the rest of the way. On that note, I need to clean my room as well to ensure total wellness. Fun.

At least the sickness, and my lungs are a motivation, I guess.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22691 on: February 19, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

Been up and drinking water for four hours now and still can't shake this headache. I think I've been grinding my teeth in my sleep lately as well; they've been aching. Gotta figure out how to stop that. Ergh.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22692 on: February 19, 2011, 12:54:54 pm »

Went to sleep at 7PM, woke up at 6AM, but I kept waking up for several hours prior because I could tell one of my hands had gone numb, and because a light was turned on but I didn't feel like getting up to turn it off.
More seriously, I have to pick up and drive family to funeral, for a person I've never met, related to a family-friend I barely know.  I'm not sad about any of that, funerals are just sad things.
How many times does one have to go to a funeral?  I've been to at least 4 wakes and 2 funerals and I'm not that old yet.  Thank god they were all old people instead of young accidents though...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22693 on: February 19, 2011, 01:24:29 pm »

Just finished playing Professor Layton. However, I'm less sad about the actual ending, and more because the game is over:/

On the bright side, I got to see Layton with his hat off
Which one? There's three of them right now, you know.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22694 on: February 19, 2011, 01:29:35 pm »

Was playing Mud and Blood 2. Sarge got blown up. It was at that point I was certain the whole round was doomed to an early death.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 8167