Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1480 1481 [1482] 1483 1484 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472569 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22215 on: February 11, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »

But... Leafsnail... why are you posting for me?  I mean, that's pretty much what I'd say, but... but...
Sorry, I'll remember to switch accounts next time :P.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22216 on: February 11, 2011, 06:43:54 pm »

My third alchohol phase is kicking in, and i am listening to certain Cowboy Bebop songs, so here's to a rollercoaster of a night
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22217 on: February 11, 2011, 06:45:35 pm »

I feel sad now, because I have never been through an identity crisis. How very boring it is, to know ones self. Wish I had some deep seeded issues to handle and come out better for it to overcome some greater foe... And later on win an oscar for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22218 on: February 11, 2011, 06:49:07 pm »

I feel sad now, because I have never been through an identity crisis. How very boring it is, to know ones self. Wish I had some deep seeded issues to handle and come out better for it to overcome some greater foe... And later on win an oscar for it.

You're only 19... in my experience, most people have some such experience in their early 20s.

Don't assume you won't get to "enjoy" such a thing >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22219 on: February 11, 2011, 06:49:46 pm »

I know myself. If you ever here about an kid from Adelaide climbing to the top of his school with a homemade grenade launcher its probably me. Or if theres an anthrax attack. Seriously. I was voted most likely to attack the school woth anthrax.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22220 on: February 11, 2011, 06:51:48 pm »

You're only 19... in my experience, most people have some such experience in their early 20s.

Don't assume you won't get to "enjoy" such a thing >_>

19 is close to 20. And I know freinds who have been through a skulky 'who am I' phase. Maybe I should get those realy big earings and become an annoying hipster kid. I mean I already listen to some of the music and drink tea, it's not a big strech.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22221 on: February 11, 2011, 06:54:08 pm »

In any JRPG I would be the main character. It is me. So.. Who from my party should I choose....
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22222 on: February 11, 2011, 06:55:40 pm »

In any JRPG I would be the main character. It is me. So.. Who from my party should I choose....

This, is your story.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22223 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »

This, is your story.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #22224 on: February 11, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »

I'm sad I sold that game to buy food.
I spent a few years calling it stupid and now I realize that it might have alleviated my boredom.

I feel sad now, because I have never been through an identity crisis. How very boring it is, to know ones self. Wish I had some deep seeded issues to handle and come out better for it to overcome some greater foe... And later on win an Oscar for it.
I've gone about five of these. I'm currently in the forsaken god and study the occult for the formula to Immortality whilst posing as a good christian boy who happens to dress in black, so I don't get burned alive by god-fearing good ole' boys, phase.

They get boring after awhile.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22225 on: February 11, 2011, 07:35:28 pm »

I call the wise-cracking, jerkass with a heart of gold, foul mouthed, sidekick that really sucks at the beginning of the game and then becomes useful toward midgame.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22226 on: February 11, 2011, 07:48:18 pm »

Hmm... people used to say I was the quiet, serious side character with a prickly outer shell, but beautifully intricate and delicate interior.  The sort of person who can take almost anything without a flinch, but breaks down in a big way when she finally breaks (this is for people who know me IRL, where I really come off quite differently much of the time).

A character that isn't that useful, but people keep in the party due to personal preference.  Who knows if I'm actually that way anymore, though ^_^;;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22227 on: February 11, 2011, 07:53:40 pm »

I'm the resident side character with deep seeded emotional issues who ends up sacrificing herself for the others.
*Hugs*

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22228 on: February 11, 2011, 07:55:54 pm »

I'm thankfully yet to experience a 'who am I?' phase.

As for the JRPG, I'd be one of the guards wearing the cool helmets. I may get killed by a spiky-haired dude with a ten-foot broadsword, but I'll look cool doing it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22229 on: February 11, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »

I know myself. If you ever here about an kid from Adelaide climbing to the top of his school with a homemade grenade launcher its probably me. Or if theres an anthrax attack. Seriously. I was voted most likely to attack the school woth anthrax.

The problem with doing something like that is that its kind of like decapitating a hydra. You might think that it'll cause meaningful lasting damage to the monster, but it really just makes the beast angrier.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 1480 1481 [1482] 1483 1484 ... 8167