Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474067 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22110 on: February 10, 2011, 07:02:30 am »

I'm sad because Jackbro got Magicka, and I'm too busy working for a couple days to gank him repeatedly and hilariously.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22111 on: February 10, 2011, 07:44:14 am »

Apple bad.

iPod nano 8 gigs: 150 dollars.
iPod shuffle 2 gigs: 50 dollars.
SanDisk microSDHC 8 gigs: 38 dollars.
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 gigs: 70 dollars.

Having hated the Apple Corporation for more than 15 years, I am always glad to see Apple bashing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22112 on: February 10, 2011, 09:16:12 am »

Apple bad.

iPod nano 8 gigs: 150 dollars.
iPod shuffle 2 gigs: 50 dollars.
SanDisk microSDHC 8 gigs: 38 dollars.
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 gigs: 70 dollars.

Having hated the Apple Corporation for more than 15 years, I am always glad to see Apple bashing.

In that case, have you heard my theory that the reason for Apple's recent success is that Steve Jobs sold his soul to the devil, and that that is also the reason why his health problems began at the same time that the iPod first began to dominate the portable music market?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:19:58 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22113 on: February 10, 2011, 09:20:49 am »

He had to have done it in the Apple II days. On;y way they could possibly have survived the Apple III. (For that matter, the Apple II was vastly overpriced for it's capabilities.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22114 on: February 10, 2011, 09:55:35 am »

Only properly woke up at 5pm last night (8am now), and have been up all night. This needs to be fixed, so today has to be a endurance run.

I will not sleep for at least another 13 hours. This I do swear, on blade and bone.

Fuckery.

So, if I'm a bit crazy later on today? Apologies.

7 hours down, 6 to go.

*twitch*
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22115 on: February 10, 2011, 01:38:35 pm »

We did not learn anything new in math.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22116 on: February 10, 2011, 01:42:05 pm »

join the club, i have yet to learn ANYTHING in my classes, i knew i should of have taken those credit exams XC

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22117 on: February 10, 2011, 01:50:55 pm »

Last week the professor got into depth on absolute values.
I distinctly remember never seeing any of this the last two times I took the class yet seeing it on quizzes and homework and learning it from the homework.

Community College, I am disappoint.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22118 on: February 10, 2011, 02:13:45 pm »

Internet is being a bitch again today -_-

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22119 on: February 10, 2011, 02:15:50 pm »

Only now, when I get serious about looking for a job, do I finally notice that the one opening I've pinned my hopes on for a while was already denied to me.  It's the icing on top of the grand irony of my education - I studied politics in hope of working in the government, and because it was a subject I would always be interested in.  I graduated just in time for the national narrative to swing hard on "government workers are parasites and there's too many of them already".

Even so, I found notice there might be an opening for Probation Officers in my county.  I got interested in the idea while having to meet one for 18 months.  And only now do I find out that a Class B Misdemeanor conviction, even if deferred off a criminal record, is first-rule disqualification.  So my plan to get a foothold in government service, in the optimistic dream of somehow reforming the criminal justice system, is stymied one last time.  Because being convicted of standing on property you don't own not only can cost upwards of $6000 to make amend for (and I got off cheap) and dominate two years of your life, but even after completing every spurious and arbitrary demand of the court to make such amends as to render the conviction non-existent, it still exists as far as the county commission is concerned.

Another two hours of searching gave me eight possible job openings, all but one of which I'm either overqualified for or would have to tell some good whoppers to get into.  If I had just been working as a cashier for the last five years instead of going to school, I'd be considerably more employable.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22120 on: February 10, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »

Because being convicted of standing on property you don't own not only can cost upwards of $6000 to make amend for (and I got off cheap) and dominate two years of your life, but even after completing every spurious and arbitrary demand of the court to make such amends as to render the conviction non-existent, it still exists as far as the county commission is concerned.
Because being convicted of standing on property you don't own

what?  :o

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22121 on: February 10, 2011, 02:24:43 pm »

Trespassing, i.e. being present on private property without permission.  That's what I was convicted of, and what the record would reflect, since the record says nothing of particulars.  And the record wouldn't even say that, because I completed every term given to me by the court, some of them well outside the due process of law, so that the conviction would be deferred from official record.  But apparently that doesn't matter, because who knows what somebody not-convicted of a Class B Misdemeanor two years prior might do if given power over stamping paperwork.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22122 on: February 10, 2011, 02:26:11 pm »

Let me guess.. it's an American thing.. right?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22123 on: February 10, 2011, 02:31:21 pm »

What country... no, what planet are you from that doesn't recognize the legal concept of trespassing?  You've honestly never heard that word before?

And please don't turn it into ragging on America.  I can do enough for both of us on the subject.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22124 on: February 10, 2011, 02:34:02 pm »

Most places (That I know of, to be fair) don't seem to take it as seriously as America does.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 8167