Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9504282 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22020 on: February 09, 2011, 01:58:34 am »

How the hell can somebody like arguing?  I hate arguing.  It makes me feel bad about myself.

I don't like the results of not-arguing, in which the messages of our culture never, as a whole, change.

So I argue.

If it helps, you're not the only one who finds such things to be irritating.

... If you're talking about History Month thingers, I'm afraid we're on the opposite sides of the fence.  Sorry.  If it's no months or months, ceteris paribus, I want the months.

I find them irritating mostly because we don't just assimilate the information into our general knowledge in the first place.  Between the "make a white history month" and the "just add black authors and asian authors and any damned author you can think of into our general studies" options, I want door number two.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22021 on: February 09, 2011, 02:05:26 am »

I meant finding people who argue for White Pride Month to be irritating, or that all cultures should be washed away for the 'good' of society.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22022 on: February 09, 2011, 02:09:46 am »

I meant finding people who argue for White Pride Month to be irritating, or that all cultures should be washed away for the 'good' of society.

All right, awesome.

*hugs*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22023 on: February 09, 2011, 02:11:27 am »

Just bleach all the "dirty" culture out to form a nice pale blank nothing plate.

Except I don't think you bleach dishes.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22024 on: February 09, 2011, 02:22:55 am »

Cultures are cool. People who don't like them make me sad, because they miss out on all kinds of music, interesting food, and funny hats.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22025 on: February 09, 2011, 02:41:36 am »

I've made three posts in that thread that I deleted without posting. I think that's a record, and an indication I should stay away.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22026 on: February 09, 2011, 02:58:36 am »

*climbs back up from a different thread*

I hate it when thread-osmosis gets me.

Now, to re-rail -

I'm sad that my favourite drink recently changed its' recipe. Now it tastes not as good.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22027 on: February 09, 2011, 03:01:47 am »

Bluh. Didn't sleep again last night. There's a limit to how much happy can be obtained from watching someone else sleep all night, I think four days is it :/
*Hugs*

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22028 on: February 09, 2011, 03:12:18 am »

I've made three posts in that thread that I deleted without posting. I think that's a record, and an indication I should stay away.

I had to post, because I'm just so damned full of rerails and good will... like some kinda bastion of focused discussion and tolerance. Just HOW EMPATHETIC do you even have to BE to DO something like that?

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #22029 on: February 09, 2011, 04:33:48 am »

I'm going  to have to take a break from the internet, works mounting up and I'm have way through the first term of my sceond year in college but I still haven't done work from last year.

Which means I'm doing to have to leave behind my beloved Bay12, as I'm on it so much and it saps so much time from me...

Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22030 on: February 09, 2011, 04:38:32 am »

NOT THE RP THREAD.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22031 on: February 09, 2011, 06:05:05 am »

My dorm blocked tor :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22032 on: February 09, 2011, 08:01:31 am »

Have to deal with a jerkass thug at work. he's the sort who thinks he's a supervisor, tries to act like a supervisor, and wants people to treat him like a supervisor, when he's not a supervisor and, in fact, has absolutely zero authority over anyone else. I've had the actual supervisor come down hard on him a couple of times when he tried to confiscate some books from me (that I had already paid for) insisting that I couldn't have bought them and I must be stealing them, or when he was threatening me with being fired because I wouldn't go along with his power fantasies. So, he doesn't pull anything big with me anymore, just minor harassment that I can't prove and isn't big enough for the supervisor to do anything about anyway. The real problem is that I see him bullying other people, people who haven't worked there very long, and there isn't a thing I can do about it (I could back them up if they took it to the supervisor, but I don't have the authority to make a complaint, and it isn't my place to do so anyway). I hate people like that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22033 on: February 09, 2011, 08:32:11 am »

Can't you talk to the people being bullied, and tell them that you know he's out of bounds and that you would back them up?
Love, scriver~

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22034 on: February 09, 2011, 08:35:36 am »

Get everyone to file a group complaint. Mention each case of abuse as it happened to each person.
Then everyone signs and dumps it on the supervisor's desk.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 8168