Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499290 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21585 on: February 05, 2011, 04:39:17 am »

I hate it when things don't go as planned.
My alarm clock didn't wake me, when it was supposed to.
Have slept 2 hours too much and now my daily schedule is in disorder.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21586 on: February 05, 2011, 08:57:57 am »

Why would you gaze at a navel?

Unless it has some kind of incredibly rare or shiny stone in it. Otherwise, it's really not interesting.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21587 on: February 05, 2011, 09:01:40 am »

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21588 on: February 05, 2011, 10:47:56 am »

My house's water lines froze  ::)

Life's rough.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #21589 on: February 05, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »

Its the whole BLAH BLAH GAYS ARE WRONG. People who follow it as well... Saying its wrong. I get mad.

Oh religion. Why do you do stuff to homosexuals..?

Because 2000 years ago a culture came out on top and wrote a book saying sodomy is very bad according to this guy another guy told them about up there between the skies. And they're right!

and/or

Homosexuals are bad because homosexuals are gay!

But.. Wait.. That makes me gay. D:

(Sarcasm is possibly present. <3)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ALSO, if anything has made me feel bad today then it is the fact that I can't find any music  that sates my ears unending thirst for something.. Filling. Yeah, I can't describe it. Give me something new, good and exciting music that is progressive and original!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21590 on: February 05, 2011, 01:05:50 pm »

My mother makes me sad.  More angry if anything, and it's all too complicated to explain.

And,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21591 on: February 05, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »

Because 2000 years ago a culture came out on top and wrote a book saying sodomy is very bad according to this guy another guy told them about up there between the skies. And they're right!

Actually, there's only 3 unambiguous anti-gay references in the entire Old Testament. (Sodom is not one of them.) It is entirely possible to contextually explain two of these as the actual sin condemned being adopting portions of the Caananite religion instead of the Jewish one, thus breaking the First Commandment, and a sin no matter what they are doing. (If anyone ever tells you Jesus Christ spoke against it, tell them that they are wrong. There's not a single mention in the New Testament.) That leaves us with the book of Leviticus, which most Christian denominations do not follow in any other way. Thus, a very strong theological argument can be made that there is no Biblical justification for the condemnation of same-sex relationships. (In point of fact, this was the view held by the early Church. It wasn't until an extremely anti-pleasure group became prominent that homosexuality was forbidden.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #21592 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:03 pm »

Actually, there's only 3 unambiguous anti-gay references in the entire Old Testament. (Sodom is not one of them.) It is entirely possible to contextually explain two of these as the actual sin condemned being adopting portions of the Caananite religion instead of the Jewish one, thus breaking the First Commandment, and a sin no matter what they are doing. (If anyone ever tells you Jesus Christ spoke against it, tell them that they are wrong. There's not a single mention in the New Testament.) That leaves us with the book of Leviticus, which most Christian denominations do not follow in any other way. Thus, a very strong theological argument can be made that there is no Biblical justification for the condemnation of same-sex relationships. (In point of fact, this was the view held by the early Church. It wasn't until an extremely anti-pleasure group became prominent that homosexuality was forbidden.)

I was going for more cheerful and less factual, I didn't want to start a huge religion discussion, I have spent tons of hours reading the bible and different translations for the sole purpose of mocking back those trying to mock me :b So yeah, it was really only for a few smiles and some bad scandinavian sarcasm and irony. <3

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21593 on: February 05, 2011, 01:27:25 pm »

No biggie. I just get really annoyed when I see the arguments of people who claim to share my faith but are really twisting it. I get even more annoyed when I see something that suggests someone may have been driven away from that faith because of those distortions (not that I think that is the case here.)
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #21594 on: February 05, 2011, 03:17:15 pm »

I tried setting my display to 1280x1024. My eyes still hurt.
[/post]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21595 on: February 05, 2011, 03:18:36 pm »

Hehehe, nice.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21596 on: February 05, 2011, 03:21:51 pm »

whats that? :P

uh so my parents sold my BMW today to make our house payment so my dad can start preparations to move to Virginia.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21597 on: February 05, 2011, 03:40:29 pm »

ALSO, if anything has made me feel bad today then it is the fact that I can't find any music  that sates my ears unending thirst for something.. Filling. Yeah, I can't describe it. Give me something new, good and exciting music that is progressive and original!
Prepared to filled with patriotic pride for a place that exists only in the mind.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21598 on: February 05, 2011, 03:41:42 pm »

Spoiler: Desch, nooooo! (click to show/hide)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21599 on: February 05, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »

I am so glad that I can finally play that game legally.
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 8168