Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499211 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21555 on: February 04, 2011, 07:16:09 pm »

Friend issues.

I need to spend more time doing new things so that I have non-overlapping interests and can stop feeling like such a loser.

But I am going to make potato curry now, which will improve everything.
food always cure everything.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: February 04, 2011, 08:26:49 pm »

Why? Overlapping interests are basically a good thing.
If it's a hobby you're taling about, then learning from a well versed person can be fun and form friendships.

Sometimes, I don't like sharing everything.  It's a way to get distance from people I don't get along with very well.

That way, I can have fun with whatever I'm doing and not end up ever having to think of the person in question.

Extra points if it's something the person in question absolutely hates.  In my case, I'm becoming nicer (in my everyday life, if not in my arguments) and learning to sew/cook so that I won't have to be similar...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #21557 on: February 04, 2011, 09:02:42 pm »

Man it's hard trying to find a specific person on Omegle, especially if you just talked with them. I knew I should have asked for a name or an email address or something... Now she's lost in the crowd of horny pedos.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21558 on: February 04, 2011, 09:19:09 pm »

Pissed off at workplace policies preventing me from properly caring for my family  >:(

My wife has been sick the last couple days.  She's a big baby to begin with when she's sick.  Now she's thrown her back out.  She can barely move.  She can do almost nothing to take care of our 2 year old and diabetic 6 year old.  Even if she manages to get up and move around, she's got herself loopy on robitussin and painkillers, and I wouldn't even trust her to calculate an insulin dose.

Our vacation & sick day policies are ridiculously strict.  I have pre-approved FMLA for my son's diabetes, but that has to apply directly to his condition.  Apparently, not having anyone around to attend to his condition doesn't count.  So I'm stuck here at work worried sick about what's going to happen when they wake up from their naps and start wreaking havoc, getting hungry, etc, and my wife is near helpless to do anything about it.  I have no other course of action that can't potentially get me fired.  We have no friends or family around that are available or capable of helping.

I hate this place so fucking much.  Goddamn corporate america.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21559 on: February 04, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »

think its time to find another job friend.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21560 on: February 04, 2011, 09:23:35 pm »

think its time to find another job friend.

Sadly, this is the best job I've been able to find in the Indianapolis area.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21561 on: February 04, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »

i dunno man, my father's company dumped their contract for 80 stores (they were not not making a 18% profit, now they are in red, dumb retards)so we are moving to Virginia for another job.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21562 on: February 04, 2011, 10:28:59 pm »

Religion makes me sad today.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21563 on: February 04, 2011, 10:36:14 pm »

why? (is it because of your lifestyle?)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21564 on: February 04, 2011, 10:39:32 pm »

Its the whole BLAH BLAH GAYS ARE WRONG. People who follow it as well... Saying its wrong. I get mad.

Oh religion. Why do you do stuff to homosexuals..?

princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21565 on: February 04, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »

i don't fucking get either. i maybe catholic but i sure as hell not walking around bringing people down. don't worry man, i wouldn't care less about your sexuality just as long you are a good friend.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21566 on: February 04, 2011, 10:50:42 pm »

Bleh.
I just realised I've been playing Broken Moon all wrong.
No capo and my note values were off, so I got that wrong too.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21567 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:30 pm »

I kinda get it, but that's a whole discussion on human psychology I don't terribly want to get into. I'm just here for some scope corrections:

"Those jerks at school bullied me. I hate all black people!" Won't fly because it's a terrible misunderstanding of scope. Only the guys as school bullied you, bringing down an entire ethnicity has nothing to do with your problems. Similarly, a large but specific part of Christianity shows a reaction to something they don't fully understand. To claim several belief systems that have nothing to do with eachother and even have wildly conflicting beliefs within a specific belief system is wildly out of scope. I'm rather sure you don't have any beef with Confucians. Just making this correction so this doesn't turn in an ugly direction.

And I will kill any resulting religious discussion that spawns form this. They never turn out well and we have a separate thread for that. This is just a post about scope. I feel for you man, but we gotta keep things clear.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21568 on: February 04, 2011, 10:57:09 pm »

like i said i don't condone the religous hate bullshit, especially from everyone's favorite church (thats totally fake).

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21569 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:44 pm »

-snip-
Yeah yeah... I just don't like it when certain people decide to follow their religion even if it means that some people suffer from the result. Even if the suffering is slight.
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 8168