Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500744 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21480 on: February 03, 2011, 11:49:00 am »

I have a multitude of problems.. I am so weak.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21481 on: February 03, 2011, 12:09:14 pm »

I miss having friends who aren't too busy crowing over relationships to spend time confiding in me.  It feels like it's so long since I've had a close friend, or thought I had a close friend, that I don't remember how to make them anymore--but unlike when I was younger, it's definitely something I want to do.  I don't want to go through life without that.

I suppose you can feel a little less lonely, when I say I've had this exact same experience myself.  It's been gnawing at me more and more for a year or so now, but it's really starting to come how now that I don't even have classes to go to anymore.  Maybe my problem has nothing to do with yours, but at least it's given me an opportunity to say something.

If I was any good in english and expressing my thoughts, this could be from me.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21482 on: February 03, 2011, 12:23:13 pm »

I had my first instance of "This coding's a mess! I can't find any of what I need, there's no comments, no particular method to the madness." when opening up what I had already done for my programming midterm
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: February 03, 2011, 01:08:47 pm »

I suspect I'm being had. Luckily I suspected it before this resulted in anything more than a somewhat bruised ego, but still
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21484 on: February 03, 2011, 01:34:59 pm »

Yeah, it seems a lot of us are in the same boat.  That makes me a sort of... happy-sad, I guess, because it's nice not to be alone.  On the other hand, that means that you guys are unhappy, too =/

In other news, I (in a fit of idiocy) made my garlic tea this morning with three large cloves of raw garlic and drank it all down on an empty stomach.

What a terrible idea.

I love garlic, but I'm never doing this again.  Ever.  Breakfast, then garlic tea.  The order of operations is critical, especially because breakfast is also rife with oniony deliciousness.

Also, I need to start eating something throughout the day other than fried rice and bananas.  My diet is starting to get to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21485 on: February 03, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »

oh god what were you thinking? i made pinion tea before but garlic?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21486 on: February 03, 2011, 01:45:54 pm »

Yeah I guess.
It's good to know that you're not being a single person suffering this fate.
There are other people who feel the same. Probably enough to form a small country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: February 03, 2011, 01:48:07 pm »

oh god what were you thinking? i made pinion tea before but garlic?

Keeps me healthy despite living on fried rice >_>

I'm trying to get some sort of alternative to caffeinated tea, especially because I'm about to run out.  I adore garlic tea, but next time I need to make it with one clove and make sure I don't consume it on an empty stomach.

A professor mentioned it about a year ago, so I started making it this summer when I was sick and my parents were in Italy.  Clears up sicknesses really quickly and it's quite good for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21488 on: February 03, 2011, 01:49:33 pm »

I finally managed to motivate myself to get off my ass at go through my Russian lessons again, and realize it's been so long since I last did them I have to start from the beginning because I've forgotten everything.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21489 on: February 03, 2011, 02:30:19 pm »

I dunno, wouldn't effectively drinking a whole clove of garlic make sure that noone wants to come anywhere near you for the rest of the day?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21490 on: February 03, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »

You lonely people are doing well, though, I assure you.  Keep up the patience and wisdom.

I know plenty of people who easily get lonely and attach themselves to whoever is convenient mostly because they just cannot stand to be alone.  Those people frequently put themselves in miserable situations far worse than loneliness.

Keep going about your lives doing whatever it is you think is interesting or worth doing.  Somewhere along the way, you'll meet someone like-minded who will make you truly happy.  It rarely happens any other way.  In the meantime, take pride in your sensible choices and enjoy the freedom they afford you.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21491 on: February 03, 2011, 04:32:50 pm »

Nyah!! No hot water, I think I'm going to freeze to death ;_;
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21492 on: February 03, 2011, 04:40:22 pm »

MoM, i have been standing in below zero temps for hours.....

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21493 on: February 03, 2011, 05:07:48 pm »

You lonely people are doing well, though, I assure you.  Keep up the patience and wisdom.

I know plenty of people who easily get lonely and attach themselves to whoever is convenient mostly because they just cannot stand to be alone.  Those people frequently put themselves in miserable situations far worse than loneliness.

Keep going about your lives doing whatever it is you think is interesting or worth doing.  Somewhere along the way, you'll meet someone like-minded who will make you truly happy.  It rarely happens any other way.  In the meantime, take pride in your sensible choices and enjoy the freedom they afford you.

Thank you for this.

I dunno, wouldn't effectively drinking a whole clove of garlic make sure that noone wants to come anywhere near you for the rest of the day?

I think you may be confusing bulbs and cloves.

In any case, I've had no garlic or onion-related issues thus far, other than stomachaches.  Pretty bad ones.

And then I went and bought a vegetarian hotdog, which I proceeded to slather with the Russian mustard provided.  Added to my three cloves of garlic and 1/2 onion is an enormous amount of horseradish...

*sigh*

I shouldn't have bought it, but I was hungry and I decided to get one (I'd been planning to do so for a month and a half or so).  Phooey.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21494 on: February 03, 2011, 06:58:04 pm »

I think you may be confusing bulbs and cloves.

In any case, I've had no garlic or onion-related issues thus far, other than stomachaches.  Pretty bad ones.
Oh, yeah, oops.  Still, the breath you can get off even a clove of garlic is pretty strong :p.
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 8168