Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 [1431] 1432 1433 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500427 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21450 on: February 03, 2011, 12:24:47 am »

That makes you an enemy of yourself firsthand before anybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21451 on: February 03, 2011, 12:25:49 am »

That makes you an enemy of yourself firsthand before anybody else.

Yep.  At least I know my enemy very well.  Hopefully we'll keep fighting for a full hundred years.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21452 on: February 03, 2011, 12:29:06 am »

Ah, but happens when you get so used to antagonizing yourself that sitting around feeling guilty becomes more familiar and comfortable than working?  Then what do you do?  Seriously, I'm running out of answers here.

God, fucking winter of our discontent all over the place lately.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21453 on: February 03, 2011, 12:31:58 am »

Ah, but happens when you get so used to antagonizing yourself that sitting around feeling guilty becomes more familiar and comfortable than working?  Then what do you do?  Seriously, I'm running out of answers here.

You find someone who you love and who makes you feel unbearably guilty when you don't do as they request--not by guilt-tripping you, just by having broken your promise.

That's my solution, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21454 on: February 03, 2011, 12:32:24 am »

I would just read more manga if I were you.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21455 on: February 03, 2011, 12:34:11 am »

We got 20 inches of snow today, and I'm the one who gets to shovel tomorrow.  :'(

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21456 on: February 03, 2011, 01:56:27 am »

It is 7am.

I have been awake all fucking night.

God.

Damn.

Fucking.

Mooing.

Bastard.

Cows.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21457 on: February 03, 2011, 03:18:18 am »

I don't know if I'm angry that people go on and on about how their SO is the only one who understands them because I think it's absurd and a bit face-rubby, or because I'm just envious and lonely.

I don't think it's the latter, but all the same I'm tired of that.  Also tired of posting here as a substitute for having close relationships.  Also tired of posting here about being tired of posting here, and tired of the process of getting back to work and de-lazifying myself again.  I've had to do this two or three times and every time it was fine, so I'm not worried.  But it's exhausting.

I miss having friends who aren't too busy crowing over relationships to spend time confiding in me.  It feels like it's so long since I've had a close friend, or thought I had a close friend, that I don't remember how to make them anymore--but unlike when I was younger, it's definitely something I want to do.  I don't want to go through life without that.

But, I can count myself lucky because, as my old friends post elsewhere about how deeply hurt they are by someone's statements, how miserable, how unfulfilled, how unhappy, I've realized that I just don't get hurt like that anymore.  I'm stronger than that, or at the very least I don't care so much what people say anymore.  I may be lonely, and I may still get odd looks, but I don't feel like a complete failure anymore and I have my priorities mostly in line.  Things are just basically... good.  I've hit a successful equilibrium and am working to move back into the life I really want to lead, but everything is working for once.  I think I'm lucky, boyfriend or no, crazy or no, lonely or no.

In similar news, some people have been PMing me and I keep forgetting to respond.  If you are one of the above people and I have not sent you a PM in the past 3 weeks or more, this is completely my fault, I think about you often, and I am working on getting off my ass to reply.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21458 on: February 03, 2011, 03:50:13 am »

It just occurred to me.
I acquired a copy of Windows 7 to run in vbox so I could play some games.
What do I use Linux for that I can't do on Windows?
GNOME.
And I've been meaning to try out openbox.
They don't really offer anything, just a few extra bits of customisation.
What do I use Windows for that I can't do on Linux?
A plethora of games that don't run in Wine, some multimedia programs including Paint.net and Flash, ye gods, Flash support for Linux is horrifying.
What else?
Well, headphones hardly work for me on Linux and I seem to have trouble running multiple programs on one sound device, leading to awkwardness such as music going through my USB 'phones and then you hear the sounds of some poor little fairy getting raped by a tentacled fleshy mass pouring forth from the onboard speakers.
So I was thinking, I have this copy anyway, why the hell do I not just backup my HDD, nuke it, and install Win7?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21459 on: February 03, 2011, 03:54:28 am »

I miss having friends who aren't too busy crowing over relationships to spend time confiding in me.  It feels like it's so long since I've had a close friend, or thought I had a close friend, that I don't remember how to make them anymore--but unlike when I was younger, it's definitely something I want to do.  I don't want to go through life without that.

I suppose you can feel a little less lonely, when I say I've had this exact same experience myself.  It's been gnawing at me more and more for a year or so now, but it's really starting to come how now that I don't even have classes to go to anymore.  Maybe my problem has nothing to do with yours, but at least it's given me an opportunity to say something.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21460 on: February 03, 2011, 05:56:43 am »

The trick is in activities. I want to meet people in courses and shit.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21461 on: February 03, 2011, 06:47:50 am »

Blergh.. Feel sick, think I may have whatever Yumi's got.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21462 on: February 03, 2011, 07:26:08 am »

Anthrax Leprosy beta
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21463 on: February 03, 2011, 07:26:57 am »

Pretty sure it's just a stomach bug, There aren't enough people who want to kill me to do that.
*Hugs*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21464 on: February 03, 2011, 08:32:58 am »

If I like a girl, and we get along, it invariably turns out she's a lesbian. Got nothing against lesbians, but this is getting ridiculous. Sixth time this year I've been turned down for that reason.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 [1431] 1432 1433 ... 8168