Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9504371 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21345 on: February 01, 2011, 01:19:09 pm »

Which is why I suspect it to sort of be a joke, but it kinda fits in with the attitude he has in other videos. Soooooo I dunno.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21346 on: February 01, 2011, 01:28:20 pm »

When I watched that Gamestop one he did I was like.  O_O

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21347 on: February 01, 2011, 02:48:17 pm »

Been playing Dungeons, as well as a bit of Din's Curse.  The two game concepts kind of melded together, along with some bits and pieces from Incursion, DF, and that dungeon ecology game that one guy in Creative Projects was working on, to form an idea for an ASCII roguelike with a unique style of dungeon generation.  Imagine if instead of generating the dungeon and populating it with monsters, it went backwards.  A blank slate, or maybe a randomly generated natural cave, is seeded with some monsters which begin populating and expanding the dungeon to suit their needs.  As it gets bigger, more monsters show up, factions form, turf wars are started, maybe some random adventuring parties go in and do their thing, and when it's big enough or whatever the player can delve into it and play.

The reason it makes me sad is because I know I'm never going to even start on it.  I've seen the "I have a good idea for a game and I'm going to learn to code around this really ambitious idea so I'll burn out in five days because that's now how learning a skill works" scenario play out dozens of times, and I'm not one to open a treasure chest surrounded by dead bodies.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21348 on: February 01, 2011, 02:51:22 pm »

But Cthulu, maybe all the other bodies murked their way through and exhausted all the traps, and it is your time to shine.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21349 on: February 01, 2011, 03:06:51 pm »

Could you say just which book this is? (I can't recall if I've asked before...or if someone else asked before.) Could you give a list of the books you remember and your ratings of them? I'm fairly sure now, that even if I don't make it career, I'm going to be going through the same stuff you are now.

Fraleigh's Introduction to Abstract Algebra (7th edition), or whatever it's called.  I can't actually remember.  In any case, it's the Fraleigh book.

Some of the titles may be wrong, but the authors are not.  Or at least they're pretty much right, even if I spelled them wrong.  If you want the full list of textbooks I've ever used, you're going to have to wait a while.  It's a really long list.

Fraleigh's book has so many errors that the (substitute) professor had us find three major theoretical gaps in the preface.

In other news, I was called a troll for the first time today and seem to have some sort of illness.  Caught it from my roommate, who spent yesterday sick.  This gives me time to rest, though, which I really needed.  It was also good to get more sleep than I usually do, even if I'm very tired.

And, it turns out that turning sick was what gave me moodswings, so now I feel settled out again and pretty good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21350 on: February 01, 2011, 03:47:44 pm »

The reason it makes me sad is because I know I'm never going to even start on it.  I've seen the "I have a good idea for a game and I'm going to learn to code around this really ambitious idea so I'll burn out in five days because that's now how learning a skill works" scenario play out dozens of times, and I'm not one to open a treasure chest surrounded by dead bodies.
Ya, I know what you mean. Still, try finding someone who has experience in that field or at least try to design some more. You won't necessarily get it done, but if you actually get the chance to do some work on it then at least you have done something you can build upon. Even if it's only five days of work.

This sounds kinda hypocritical coming from me, but then again I don't really have any projects to work on.

In other news, I was called a troll for the first time today
Eh, everybody gets called a troll once in a while. Really doesn't matter.

Quote from: argembarger
lol, what.

Someone disagreeing with you = troll?
See?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:49:39 pm by Darvi »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21351 on: February 01, 2011, 03:49:26 pm »

Da, I know.  It was just a bit of an unexpected surprise.  I figured "well, if I'm making this wangsty post, might as well throw that in, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21352 on: February 01, 2011, 03:59:26 pm »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21353 on: February 01, 2011, 04:09:12 pm »

must be with firefox too, so far IE hasen't pissed me off yet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21354 on: February 01, 2011, 04:13:43 pm »

Firefox is showing it fine over here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21355 on: February 01, 2011, 04:22:43 pm »

no firefox is being a bitch to me.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21356 on: February 01, 2011, 04:45:04 pm »

Chromium, lynx, Minefield, w3m.
Pick one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21357 on: February 01, 2011, 04:46:32 pm »

Haha I would never use Lynx, not for me hehehe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21358 on: February 01, 2011, 04:46:40 pm »

Trident

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21359 on: February 01, 2011, 05:17:08 pm »

Opera am best.

Just got my grade for the Worst Project I've Ever Done.  83.  It's difficult for me to systematically dismember a perfectly good essay.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:29:19 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 ... 8168