Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507949 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21150 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:53 am »

It's a wonderfull day outside, and i can't think of any way or reason to go out :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21151 on: January 30, 2011, 09:57:32 am »

It's a wonderfull day outside, and i can't think of any way or reason to go out :(
Is the door guarded by a giant that only allows passage after solving his riddle?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21152 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:38 am »

No i'm just reluctant to go alone, especially without any music since walks tend to be boring around here :/
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21153 on: January 30, 2011, 10:02:55 am »

How does one walk alone and listen to music?
With a music player!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21154 on: January 30, 2011, 10:17:30 am »

Ah, but there lies the problem, i don't have one, it died a few months ago :(
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21155 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:21 am »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21156 on: January 30, 2011, 10:19:10 am »

I think they give away iPod Nanos in cereal boxes.  Apple still makes Nanos, right?  I bought an Insignia five years ago, and have never checked entered the electronics section again.

Also, fuck you Toony, for finding a comic that perfectly describes every single day of my life.  Especially yesterday.  Stupid sad thread.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21157 on: January 30, 2011, 10:25:40 am »

Oh yay, ah fuck it, might aswell go out
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21158 on: January 30, 2011, 11:59:28 am »

Today is the day when I shall quit one of my jobs. I can't keep up, and I'm not giving them the devotion and effort that they deserve. I can't stand doing sub-par work, so I have to just let it go.
That's one of three jobs, right? I've got to tip my hat to you managing to work that much to begin with. I have a hard time imagining how it would be like to piece that together, so it's safe to say it's strong of you to have been able to keep it up as long as you did.
Love, scriver~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21159 on: January 30, 2011, 02:33:53 pm »

I am sick and bored and there's nothing to do except homework but since I know if I start now I'll get done more than two seconds before it's due I can't bring myself to start working on it.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21160 on: January 30, 2011, 02:41:35 pm »

Today is the day when I shall quit one of my jobs. I can't keep up, and I'm not giving them the devotion and effort that they deserve. I can't stand doing sub-par work, so I have to just let it go.
That's one of three jobs, right? I've got to tip my hat to you managing to work that much to begin with. I have a hard time imagining how it would be like to piece that together, so it's safe to say it's strong of you to have been able to keep it up as long as you did.

Well, sort of. That second job was one where several companies could "bid" on my time, and I'd go represent them in my local area for the month. I was much like a retail mercenary. The problem was, the manager of the operation either didn't know or didn't care that I had other stuff to do, like have a family and school and other job and whatnot, and continually dumped as many companies on me as was allowed. Some months, I was repping for as many as 6 companies at the same time. When I quit, he proceeded to berate me because "You could just do your calls on top of your other job. It's in the same place," not understanding that I can only do calls when I have a babysitter, don't have school, and aren't already working. Not to mention the dozens of unpaid hours I'd have to spend actually learning about the stuff I was supposed to be selling. Bleh. One one hand, I feel bad because I couldn't keep up, but on the other, I'm very relieved.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21161 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:35 pm »

Sounds awful. At least with a boss like that. And I had completely forgot about your school as well. Altogether, I don't think you should feel bad about dropping it. It's better to get out when you feel you're getting tired than to burn yourself out trying, in my eyes at least. Knowing your limits and all that. Moreover, not many people would even consider a schedule like that so I think you can cut yourself some slack.

Also; Maximum Zero, Retail Ninja Mercenary. ;D
Love, scriver~

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21162 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:37 pm »

I am sick and bored and there's nothing to do except homework but since I know if I start now I'll get done more than two seconds before it's due I can't bring myself to start working on it.
My teacher haven't had time to assign any work, keep getting snow days.  I made a electronic gambling game Friday though.  :P

Speaking of sad, translating is kicking my ass.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21163 on: January 30, 2011, 03:45:52 pm »

Reading up on philosophy is turning into the real life version of Pokemon ("Gonna catch them all"), since everyones work is build upon/inspired by someone elses.
I'll try randomly picking from the ones that interest me and hope they don't make too much cross references without any explanation.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21164 on: January 30, 2011, 04:54:08 pm »

I need to do work for [IMPORTANT EVENT] but goddamn is it boring.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 8168