Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473098 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20880 on: January 25, 2011, 11:36:34 pm »

Oh, right. It didn't give me any indication of the controls used to complete some of the tutorial objectives, which meant I screwed a few up, and so I ended up whacking that black dude in the head and sending his niece running.

Incidentally, my impetus for getting the game, aside from finally getting a Visa Debit card, was this. It's a facinating read, I think. It also provided an explanation as to why all the black guys were acting like impossibly racistly stereotypical angry, stealing, petty, subhuman, apelike monsters.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:38:46 pm by Jackrabbit »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20881 on: January 26, 2011, 12:11:21 am »

The problem with Stereotype is that it's there for a reason.

If you saw a group of African-Americans hanging around the enterance to an alleyway, with gold teeth, and some very un-subtle shapes in the back of their shirts that indicate they have some kind of firearm tucked down the back of their pants, you'd go chat to them, because you're not a racist!

While being against someone for the color of their skin alone is wrong, in some cases you can't exactly think what the line is.

If there's some cannibals, who are very friendly people, but you still hate them, are you being culturally intolerant?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20882 on: January 26, 2011, 12:12:39 am »

All arrays in the Excel API are one-indexed instead of zero-indexed.

Should have known it was a bad sign when all the example code in the documentation was in VB instead of C#.

I am a sad panda.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20883 on: January 26, 2011, 12:36:08 am »

The problem with Stereotype is that it's there for a reason.

If you saw a group of African-Americans hanging around the enterance to an alleyway, with gold teeth, and some very un-subtle shapes in the back of their shirts that indicate they have some kind of firearm tucked down the back of their pants, you'd go chat to them, because you're not a racist!

While being against someone for the color of their skin alone is wrong, in some cases you can't exactly think what the line is.

If there's some cannibals, who are very friendly people, but you still hate them, are you being culturally intolerant?

I'm not saying the stereotype doesn't exist for a reason. Just that it was grossly exaggerated in this case, almost comically.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20884 on: January 26, 2011, 12:43:48 am »

I can be pretty negative and confrontational sometimes but when push comes to shove I'm obstinately optimistic.  It's fun to stick it to people who call themselves "realists" when really they're just glass-half-empty whiners.

I tend to drink the rest of the water before attempting to describe the glass, myself.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20885 on: January 26, 2011, 03:33:08 am »

I... used the report button 3 times on the same guy today =/

I feel a bit bad about this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20886 on: January 26, 2011, 03:36:35 am »

Who?

In sad news, I've exchanged my depression for a sort of complete lack of caring about anything. :/
*Hugs*

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20887 on: January 26, 2011, 03:37:36 am »

Being trapped inside my house sucks.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20888 on: January 26, 2011, 03:38:18 am »

Who?

The dude in the "leaked documents" section.  Mr. Oakenshield, or whatever.

I report every time I catch myself about to RAAAAGEpost, because I don't think the board needs that >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20889 on: January 26, 2011, 03:39:02 am »

Oh, dear. I never thought I'd see such an angry, pig-headed, uncivilized anti-Zionist on these forums.
The atheism thread is an oasis of milquetoast tolerance and reasonable arguments when compared to this one.
This would be funny if it weren't scary.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20890 on: January 26, 2011, 03:41:00 am »

I know.  I just kind of sat there, saying: "Seriously?  Seriously?"

Pff.  I don't even think he's trolling.  I think he actually means it.  Blorgh.

EDIT: Aaaaaand... banned <3
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:42:37 am by Vector »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20891 on: January 26, 2011, 03:42:43 am »

That's why it's scary.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20892 on: January 26, 2011, 03:45:52 am »

Hehe. Toady One the great strikes Oakenshield with his slade banhammer, shattering the skull, tearing the brain and jamming the brain through the skull.
Oakenshield has been struck down.
Good riddance.
*Hugs*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20893 on: January 26, 2011, 05:15:01 am »

I honestly don't know how that Bigot. Yes, Bigot could have actually stuck around for three pages without getting banned.

From his first post, I would have reported him. Especially seeing as he's not a member of the forums who I know- or has really posted anywhere I've seen.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20894 on: January 26, 2011, 05:16:02 am »

I reported him pretty much immediately.  I'm guessing Toady just hadn't seen it.

Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 8167