Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471431 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20850 on: January 25, 2011, 10:31:37 pm »

...Yes, I suck at spelling when its half 3 in the morning and I am tired. Very tired.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20851 on: January 25, 2011, 10:32:09 pm »

its possible, kids in high school go to colleges to take courses so they can graduate earlier.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20852 on: January 25, 2011, 10:32:41 pm »

...Yes, I suck at spelling when its half 3 in the morning and I am tired. Very tired.
I hope you don't have college classes tomorrow then if you're up so late.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20853 on: January 25, 2011, 10:33:36 pm »

16 year old taking "colledge" classes?

In my state they have the Running Start program, which lets you do the first two years of college and the last two years of high school simultaneously.  They probably have similar things in other states/countries as well.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20854 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »

There's some element of whining to it, but I feel the more important thing to recognize about words like "pragmatist", "realist", etc is they're shorthand justification for bad behavior.  Good behavior doesn't need such justification.

Btw I'm very blonde :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20855 on: January 25, 2011, 10:35:06 pm »

I'm just being ignorant because my school doesn't have those options.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20856 on: January 25, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »

I hope you don't have college classes tomorrow then if you're up so late.
Fun fact. I do. And french before that.

But I'm sorry if I have trouble spelling the easiest of words with difficulty. I should really go to bed now.

(WHAT THE HELL 4 NINJAS IN A ROW.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20857 on: January 25, 2011, 10:36:35 pm »

I'm in further education college doing my essential skills maths and english, cause I sort of couldn't do gcse's partly due to missing 7 years of school.
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20858 on: January 25, 2011, 10:37:35 pm »

i fucked up my high school and scraped by so i need to do better to get some people to notice me now.

and MoM i can help you with your school if you need it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20859 on: January 25, 2011, 10:38:20 pm »

Meh, I learned to speak and read at some point.
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20860 on: January 25, 2011, 10:38:46 pm »

No one is mean to me anymore.  I have no idea why, but it seems to have just... happened.
Middle-school was such a shock to me because this happened. It was like night and day for absolutely no reason.
Never had a bully in my life.
I had one, and fixed the problem by chasing said person around the school gym while glaring angrily. Really tiring (and I didn't actually catch up to him), but he stopped, so eh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20861 on: January 25, 2011, 10:57:39 pm »

I never had too much faith in human kindness, but it wasn't till I entered university that I realized the ridiculously high ammount of people willing to go out of their way to screw you up for some petty gain.

Then again, it might well be that my chosen field is full of sobs.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:00:12 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20862 on: January 25, 2011, 11:01:01 pm »

No one is mean to me anymore.  I have no idea why, but it seems to have just... happened.
Middle-school was such a shock to me because this happened. It was like night and day for absolutely no reason.
Never had a bully in my life.
I had one, and fixed the problem by chasing said person around the school gym while glaring angrily. Really tiring (and I didn't actually catch up to him), but he stopped, so eh.
That sounds, odd.

I never had too much faith in human kindness, but it wasn't till I entered university that I realized the ridiculously high amount of people willing to go out of their way to screw you up for some petty gain.
It's okay Chairman, you seek comfort here and I will provide with ice cream, futons, and late-night television.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20863 on: January 25, 2011, 11:03:09 pm »

I can be pretty negative and confrontational sometimes but when push comes to shove I'm obstinately optimistic.  It's fun to stick it to people who call themselves "realists" when really they're just glass-half-empty whiners.

Cynically optimistic brofist, buddy.

The earliest years of school, I knew exactly one "bully", and he was cast in the Afterschool Special mold - a big tall ugly guy who had a rough life and took it out on everyone and everyone hated and pitied him for it.  That lasted as long as the third grade.

"Bullying", which itself was a word that if uttered would get you beat up for being an anachronistic pussy, was a way of life at the school district I moved to.  And it seemed like almost every one of them knew me by name.  Its hard to say that there was even a distinction - everyone gave each other shit all the time, the only real difference was proactivity and choice of targets.  And the district management abandoned any attempt at justice or order, and instituted a policy that only if a fistfight breaks out in the direct vision of an employee would any action be taken, and then everybody involved gets the same city citation and week of expulsion no matter the circumstances.  Which I guess was actually an improvement over elementary school, when I got beaten up five times in two years, and the principle figured the problem must have been with me.  Clearly if I made a better attempt to fit in, I'd get beat up less.  Lets start by making you stand in front of the class and talk about yourself once a week.

I'm rambling.  The point is, even the Senior year of highschool was a massively calmer time than any year prior, and since gradeschool, there is no place where it is institutionally acceptable to be a jackass.  I've met two people who could be called "bullies" in college, and one of them I had plenty of friendly conversations with afterward anyway.  You just had to stay away from his triggers.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20864 on: January 25, 2011, 11:04:40 pm »

I've never had to deal with bullies. Any ones I did have, I promptly scared away. I've a VERY volatile temper. It ain't pretty when I'm pissed. And don't worry about knowing when I'm pissed, or just wearing blush or facepaint or something because when my temper blows, everyone in a 7.43 mile radius spontaneousnessly quail in fear.

That is a bit of a hyperbole, but not by much.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 1389 1390 [1391] 1392 1393 ... 8167