Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471477 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20835 on: January 25, 2011, 09:52:52 pm »

However, I was never wounded by the realization that others don't share these perspectives/qualities.  In fact, one of my biggest revelations in life was when I realized that there are people in the world who aren't full of shit.

See, I've always been way more Locke/Rousseau and way less Hobbes.  "People are good!  They are fundamentally good!  They always want to do the right thing!"  Then I learned that people could be titanic asses and not feel especially bad about it >_>  I basically went into shock over that for a year and a half, though now I'm back to being quietly idealistic.

No one is mean to me anymore.  I have no idea why, but it seems to have just... happened.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20836 on: January 25, 2011, 09:58:04 pm »

In my experience it was more. Everybody is scum. Then it was, most people are scum. Then, most people are ok really
*Hugs*

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20837 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:22 pm »

In my experience it was more. Everybody is scum. Then it was, most people are scum. Then, most people are ok really
I seem to be going on the opposite end, everyone is okay and good! Okay.. well its just a couple... Make that loads... How could they do that? ...I sometimes worry about humanity.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20838 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:47 pm »

No one is mean to me anymore.  I have no idea why, but it seems to have just... happened.
Middle-school was such a shock to me because this happened. It was like night and day for absolutely no reason.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20839 on: January 25, 2011, 10:00:34 pm »

Grade school does bad things to good people.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #20840 on: January 25, 2011, 10:08:13 pm »

Bah. I've gone as far as to go by snipers famous quote...
As long as there are to people alive in this world, someone is gonna want somebody dead.
And believing that, a lot of people don't look as pathetically terrible as they actually are.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20841 on: January 25, 2011, 10:11:31 pm »

Middle-school was such a shock to me because this happened. It was like night and day for absolutely no reason.
Never had a bully in my life.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20842 on: January 25, 2011, 10:17:05 pm »

Never had a bully in my life.
Middle school was when the world decided to crap on me. Needless to say I'm glad im out of that shit hole.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20843 on: January 25, 2011, 10:20:17 pm »

Bleh. same here. The people in my college class have the decency to not attempt to interact with me in any way.
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20844 on: January 25, 2011, 10:21:06 pm »

Bleh. same here. The people in my college class have the decency to not attempt to interact with me in any way.
:[

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20845 on: January 25, 2011, 10:24:55 pm »

I can be pretty negative and confrontational sometimes but when push comes to shove I'm obstinately optimistic.  It's fun to stick it to people who call themselves "realists" when really they're just glass-half-empty whiners.

The first time I ever experienced bullying was when I was at cub scout (Yeah, I was a cub scout once.  Don't make me tell the boner story) Day Camp.  My friend tripped and skinned his knee really bad on some mulch.  He just kept playing, not a big deal.  This kid wearing a backwards hat (sooo coool), who we'd never seen before, who wasn't in our pack and was probably from halfway across the state, walks up and says, and I quote "I bet when you got that you went crying to your momma.  Momma's boy!"

We didn't know what to do, we didn't even know who the hell this kid was.
Shoes...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20846 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:58 pm »

If they didn't interact with me at all then I would consider that so much better. My colledge class has 2~3 homophobes. Some really annoying blond haired kid (I am now hairist that boys with blond hair styles are usually dicks.) a... Kind of fat ginger kid and a short kid. I tend to keep to myself and a small group of friends.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20847 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:07 pm »

I can be pretty negative and confrontational sometimes but when push comes to shove I'm obstinately optimistic.  It's fun to stick it to people who call themselves "realists" when really they're just glass-half-empty whiners.

The first time I ever experienced bullying was when I was at cub scout (Yeah, I was a cub scout once.  Don't make me tell the boner story) Day Camp.  My friend tripped and skinned his knee really bad on some mulch.  He just kept playing, not a big deal.  This kid wearing a backwards hat (sooo coool), who we'd never seen before, who wasn't in our pack and was probably from halfway across the state, walks up and says, and I quote "I bet when you got that you went crying to your momma.  Momma's boy!"

We didn't know what to do, we didn't even know who the hell this kid was.
You must now tell us the boner story.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20848 on: January 25, 2011, 10:30:43 pm »

If they didn't interact with me at all then I would consider that so much better. My colledge class has 2~3 homophobes. Some really annoying blond haired kid (I am now hairist that boys with blond hair styles are usually dicks.) a... Kind of fat ginger kid and a short kid. I tend to keep to myself and a small group of friends.
16 year old taking "colledge" classes?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20849 on: January 25, 2011, 10:31:03 pm »

I love the fact that my class stay away from me, being too close to people sends me into a panic attack.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 8167