Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464680 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20685 on: January 23, 2011, 08:12:45 pm »

Reminds me of the Office class I had in high school. I was finished with the entire semester by the second week (fortunately, this was before they changed teachers and the new one forbade you from working ahead), so I taught myself CAD for two hours a day.
Somebody pirated UT2004 on all the computers, so we just had a huge lan party the whole period.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20686 on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:24 pm »

Our professor has some kind of magic auspex and can see what everyone's doing on their computers and disable the internet for people if they goof off.  We have to pay attention, even if we already know what's going on.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: January 23, 2011, 08:27:21 pm »

Our professor has some kind of magic auspex and can see what everyone's doing on their computers and disable the internet for people if they goof off.  We have to pay attention, even if we already know what's going on.

You can bring a computer to class at all, and you're complaining about not having enough to do to stay occupied while he's droning?  Pack an emulator or something.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:22 pm »

Our computers in shop have Net Control 2.0 built into them, which is really cool because going into private-browsing let's you bypass the INTERNET blocker all together with a simple button.

Last year they had the older model and you couldn't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: January 23, 2011, 09:30:37 pm »

You can bring a computer to class at all, and you're complaining about not having enough to do to stay occupied while he's droning?  Pack an emulator or something.

Our professor has some kind of magic auspex and can see what everyone's doing on their computers and disable the internet for people if they goof off.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: January 23, 2011, 09:31:36 pm »

You've misread Aqizzar.  Stop listening to Hong Pong music.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: January 23, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »

Disconnect your computer from his magic auspex internet yourself, and then play games on it. He'll be none the wiser untill he walks past and kicks you out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: January 23, 2011, 10:26:02 pm »

Exactly. The original starcraft, last time I checked, can be played without an internet connection. Blizzard might have retroactively changed that.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: January 23, 2011, 10:28:16 pm »

Blizzard might have retroactively changed that.
Nope. I usually go to it when Comcast decides to be prissy about its connection.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: January 23, 2011, 10:34:34 pm »

The man who wrote my abstract algebra text this year has earned my wrath, because he is a moron.  I seriously can't stop gritting my teeth as I take notes on his book.  There are some neat elements, but mostly he seems like he's full of hot air.

I am slightly more annoyed that we have only three problems this week, all of which are disturbingly trivial.  I expected to, I don't know, be challenged or something... I remember the first three problems Beloved Nutbag assigned at this point last year, and they were actually pretty goddamned hard.

More time to study Bourbaki, I guess, but I'm actually fairly disappointed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: January 23, 2011, 11:25:30 pm »

Disconnect your computer from his magic auspex internet yourself, and then play games on it. He'll be none the wiser untill he walks past and kicks you out.

All the computers are school issued, we do the class in a computer lab.  Disconnecting their computers wouldn't end well.
Shoes...

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: January 24, 2011, 12:17:22 am »

My laptop is currently being repaired, or will be when we can afford it, and my new computer only reads the disks for 3 of my games. One is getting boring from playing it all the bloody time, one runs slow as hell, and it refuses to install the third one correctly. All of this makes me sad......and insanely bored.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: January 24, 2011, 01:49:05 am »

Suddenly, existential crisis :D

Oh god oh god

EDIT: I loathe birthdays.  This is a secret which no one but myself knows IRL.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:56:13 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: January 24, 2011, 04:43:39 am »

Suddenly, existential crisis :D

Oh god oh god

EDIT: I loathe birthdays.  This is a secret which no one but myself knows IRL.
I don't blame you.  After college, birthdays went from excuses to party and get cool presents to a boring formality.  I don't expect presents from my friends because they have no money, and my parents have pretty much sworn to never buy me video games again burn all my video games in a fire run me over with a car and shoot me remind me every day how I don't fit their ever changing expectations only buy me books about motivating oneself to write books.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20699 on: January 24, 2011, 05:01:23 am »

I get nice gifts--pretty much only books, but I like those--and I'm only turning 21 (sophomore in college due to year off).

That said, I hate realizing how little I've accomplished from one year to the next, or computing how long it's been since the last time I was kissed (I've basically forgotten what it feels like), or computing how long it's been since I stopped playing violin, or realizing that I was a more worthwhile human being in high school, if only because I was so naive that I didn't know how to be bad.

I used to tutor for free, 10 hours a week.  Nowadays, I don't do that.  I don't have the time, because I'm working to gain more useful skills to teach people.

Ah, well.  I'm sure there will be time to be good, later, once I've become smart.

Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 8167