Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449314 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20280 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:41 am »

'Scuse my ignorance, but who is Sofia/Sniper Joe/Janet(?) anyways?

There is also no Sofia or Sniper Joe in the memberlists, meaning she/they changed names to something else probably.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20281 on: January 17, 2011, 11:49:12 am »

Gods not this drama again. By putting little slashes between the names you kinda point out who all those names belong to, so no need to question it. And we have already been over the similarities between MoM and Janet. At best just suggest a chat program they can both use so they can compare notes or something.

And you'll need to give a lot more context to the bus story before I'll believe it to be asshole drivers, because there are a dozen things that would mean that they have to skip a stop. It could be an express but, It could just be heading back to the bus depot and isn't taking passengers, perhaps one was a training bus, perhaps on the British isles you need to step forward for the busses to stop or something, or some other English thing they have up there.

Not that I doubt ones prowess of using the system, but there are many possibilities and the story is vague on them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20282 on: January 17, 2011, 11:53:42 am »

And you'll need to give a lot more context to the bus story before I'll believe it to be asshole drivers, because there are a dozen things that would mean that they have to skip a stop. It could be an express but, It could just be heading back to the bus depot and isn't taking passengers, perhaps one was a training bus, perhaps on the British isles you need to step forward for the busses to stop or something, or some other English thing they have up there.

Not that I doubt ones prowess of using the system, but there are many possibilities and the story is vague on them.
It's easy to find out if either of them is true. Either the sign says so, or there simply aren't any passengers in there.

Also even if this were the case, the regular bus still has to arrive eventually.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20283 on: January 17, 2011, 12:20:58 pm »

I've had it happen to me.  A bus went right by me at one of its normal stops, and I chased it to the next stop and got on there.  It was behind schedule, the driver was trying to make up time, and she decided one passenger wasn't worth it.  It's not like bus drivers get paid enough to care much.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20284 on: January 17, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »

I do know someone who will literally stop the traffic so a bus can't avoiding stopping for him.  Always seemed kindof dangerous to me, but I guess the buses never drive past him.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20285 on: January 17, 2011, 12:27:37 pm »

I do know someone who will literally stop the traffic so a bus can't avoiding stopping for him.  Always seemed kindof dangerous to me, but I guess the buses never drive past him.
Yeah, but one day one might drive over him. I don't want to be around when something like that happens.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20286 on: January 17, 2011, 01:12:45 pm »

Not only people everywhere (which isn't too terrible for me, considering I'm a salesman, but it is very draining,) soul crushing boredom. Boredom is my weakness. It brings me to my knees and makes me wish I were bleeding or playing video games or punching someone or something, anything. But no, nothing is what you get to do for 5 hours solid. Nothing but sit there and stare at your mom who's in agony and wish you could go be useful.
I feel for you, man. This last fall I had to wait in a hospital for almost 8 hours while my dad had surgery to get a pump put in his heart.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20287 on: January 17, 2011, 01:14:38 pm »

There are four buses in the morning, I missed the second one, which is the one I usually get, and was standing beside the road waiting for the next one, both of them drove past, they both had people on them but weren't full, they were Ulsterbuses, not schoolbuses, so not picking me up wasn't some deal of "not being payed enough" as they are meant to stop at every point along the route, the stop is in a layby, so traffic wouldn't have beestopped and the next stop was seven miles away, so I couldn't just run to it.

That's about as much context as I can put it into.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20288 on: January 17, 2011, 01:17:22 pm »

What? School busses are less dependent on how much they are paid, as it's sort of an extended government job. They have to pick up all the kids on their route or get fired. Public transportation busses can have dudes who don't get paid enough just skipping stops and not caring that much. They can miss people and not get in any trouble over it.

But yeah, dick move.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20289 on: January 17, 2011, 01:19:26 pm »

i have a bike for the just in case asshole bus driver drives by. 6 miles to my college but its uphill x.x.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20290 on: January 17, 2011, 01:20:27 pm »

12 Miles through the countryside, plus the main road for me, and I don't got no bike.
*Hugs*

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20291 on: January 17, 2011, 01:20:51 pm »

Buses never skip stops here unless they're full.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20292 on: January 17, 2011, 01:21:44 pm »

i have a bike for the just in case asshole bus driver drives by. 6 miles to my college but its uphill x.x.
No regular bus?

It's about 10 km for me, uphill and through the woods. Luckily I've got like 2 bus lines that can get me there.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20293 on: January 17, 2011, 01:23:11 pm »

its 2 miles to my regular bus stop but there have been drivers that just skip it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20294 on: January 17, 2011, 01:30:49 pm »

12 miles to my campus, two mile walk to nearest bus stop, hour and 45 minute commute.

I feel all of your pain.
Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 ... 8167