Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452612 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20175 on: January 15, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »

Augh, I felt tired and nauseous the whole day today. I didn't manage to do anything productive at all, and now I find myself waking up at midnight from collapsing in front of the monitor at 7 PM. The sleep didn't even make me feel any better; I'm still tired and sick.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20176 on: January 15, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »

Perhaps more fitting to the rage thread but i really don't want to scroll down.
Anyways, i went out with some friends, there was supposed to be a band at this bar or whatever, the band was almost an hour late, during that one hour, my friends all enjoyed a nice time of terrrrrrrible puns, really, RAGE inducing puns, and no matter how hard i tried to tell them, they just kept going, then there was all the smoke, goddamn cigarettes i hate those so freaking much, and you know, it's too hard to take a half hour break from smoking because the guy sitting next to you can barely keep his eyes open from the freaking smoke.Then the band started playing, they were okay i guess, but the sound was far too crappy for me to discern most of the songs, heck it took me some two minutes to realise they were playing I feel good.So that's about it, i think, maybe
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20177 on: January 15, 2011, 05:26:25 pm »

There's all sorts of productive things I want to do today, but I can't muster the motivation to do anything at all.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20178 on: January 15, 2011, 05:29:19 pm »

And then there's the embarrassment of not knowing Europe was attached to Africa... where the hell did I think Africa was, anyway?  Floating around in outer space?
?
But it's not.

Much to study, yes.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20179 on: January 15, 2011, 05:32:07 pm »

And then there's the embarrassment of not knowing Europe was attached to Africa... where the hell did I think Africa was, anyway?  Floating around in outer space?
?
But it's not.

Much to study, yes.

But it is. Via the Sinai Peninsula. It's small, but it's there.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20180 on: January 15, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »

Oh, you silly people. That's Asia being "attached" to Africa, not Europe.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20181 on: January 15, 2011, 05:35:21 pm »

?
But it's not.

Much to study, yes.

The strait of Gibraltar is close enough to "attached" that I'm going to call it attached >_>

And then you can go through Israel and up around through Istanbul, to get to the main continent.  Or so it seems from the map I was looking at, anyway.

Oh, you silly people. That's Asia being "attached" to Africa, not Europe.

... But Europe is attached to Asia, which means it's attached to Africa.  It's all in one big piece, is what I mean.  If you had a really big crane, you couldn't just lift out one continent or another without breaking pieces.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20182 on: January 15, 2011, 05:36:50 pm »

You couldn't lift Australia without breaking pieces off.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20183 on: January 15, 2011, 05:38:16 pm »

You couldn't lift Australia without breaking pieces off.

... ?  How's that?

I'm not talking about tectonic plates, here, I'm pretending that all of the landmasses just kind of float there.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20184 on: January 15, 2011, 05:38:28 pm »

Well. Looks like I simply can't get the Silent storm editor ever working again. Meaning Ill never get to mod it again, and it means I pretty much have to scrap some things I had plans for. One of which was a promise.

Fuck you Microsoft and MSDE.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20185 on: January 15, 2011, 05:39:30 pm »

@Vector:
Oh, I see. It appears that my definition of "attached" differs from yours.
I suppose I thought more of "bordering one another" kind of attachment.
My bad.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20186 on: January 15, 2011, 05:42:56 pm »

I'm pretending that all of the landmasses just kind of float there.

Well that is an important thing to know.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20187 on: January 15, 2011, 06:13:56 pm »

I like geography, myself. I was in Portland this last summer visiting some relatives of mine, and I actually got interviewed by one of those crazy people that are trying to show how dumb Americans are. I was kind of sad that they didn't air it on their youtube channel, but I guess it ruin the point to show a video of some kid describing in detail the topography of Eurasia.  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20188 on: January 15, 2011, 06:25:59 pm »

Arg. Xbox controller broke, and being that it's a MadCatz controller the thumbstick that I took from another controller won't fit, making it a wrestle to fix.
Gragh!!!
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20189 on: January 15, 2011, 06:40:12 pm »

I like geography, myself. I was in Portland this last summer visiting some relatives of mine, and I actually got interviewed by one of those crazy people that are trying to show how dumb Americans are. I was kind of sad that they didn't air it on their youtube channel, but I guess it ruin the point to show a video of some kid describing in detail the topography of Eurasia.  ::)

I was always so much of a literature/linguistics nerd that I basically didn't bother with geography or history.  I mean, I learned it, and somehow I got really good grades in it... but I didn't care about it.

(This goes for the US, too.  I still don't know where most of the states are, or their capitals, or what people there do with their spare time.  Like, if you said: "I'm going to kill you if you don't tell me where Michigan is," I'd have to say "Would you settle for Ohio?")

I'll just say that it's never been a strong point, which I'm now trying to rectify.

Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 8167