Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453868 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20130 on: January 15, 2011, 01:02:34 am »

I am tired of rape jokes passing as dating advice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20131 on: January 15, 2011, 01:03:17 am »

What?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20132 on: January 15, 2011, 01:04:49 am »

What?

Just another post in Life Advice (the most recent one).  I already reported it, because there seemed like there was no point in getting bitchy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20133 on: January 15, 2011, 01:05:28 am »

My Liberal Crime squad character was just murdered by Corporation Mercenaries.

Probably should have spend time making a future leader instead of getting her skills to insane amounts.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20134 on: January 15, 2011, 01:08:21 am »

These jokes make me cry.  :,[

This one was pretty good:
Who's there?
Interrupting coefficient of friction.
Interru-
μ!

Gods damn, why did I read through that whole thing? D:

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20135 on: January 15, 2011, 01:09:32 am »

What?

Just another post in Life Advice (the most recent one).  I already reported it, because there seemed like there was no point in getting bitchy.

Link it so that I may make the distinction between fun and over the line personally.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20136 on: January 15, 2011, 01:10:40 am »

Removed because what needs to be seen has been seen and needs to be seen no longer.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20137 on: January 15, 2011, 01:11:25 am »

It's a guy thing. If we aren't in charge it's (apparently) no fun. Guys make rape jokes to seem macho, it really just means they are compensating.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20138 on: January 15, 2011, 01:14:04 am »

It's a guy thing. If we aren't in charge it's (apparently) no fun. Guys make rape jokes to seem macho, it really just means they are compensating.

And it's a Vector thing to get angry about it.  That sort of comment is not appropriate.  Doubly so because this is not in fact a men's locker room, as so many people seem to keep forgetting.

Don't get me wrong, I like guys with control.  More specifically, I like guys who manage to respect me without being scared of me.  If you make a rape joke to get control, it's obvious that you don't actually have it.  Rape jokes also undermine the "respect" portion of that.

EDIT: Don't worry, I know he probably didn't really mean it.  I'm not disgusted because I think he's serious or anything.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20139 on: January 15, 2011, 01:15:28 am »

Yes, by definition, it must. However, this is the internet... I think rape jokes are par for the course.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20140 on: January 15, 2011, 01:16:22 am »

Not on bay12, no.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20141 on: January 15, 2011, 01:19:58 am »

Yup. I've made my judgment there. That wasn't a joke. That was a crime against women.
And 'the internet' doesn't apply to us. And if it ever did, I'd leave immediately.

Also, Vector, what's that 'manage' to respect me?
You need more ego.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20142 on: January 15, 2011, 01:22:02 am »

Yeah, manage is a strange word to put in there. It's something I would use.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20143 on: January 15, 2011, 01:26:55 am »

Yes, by definition, it must. However, this is the internet... I think rape jokes are par for the course.

Not if I have anything to say about it.  And here on Bay12, we have both a report button and nice mods.

Frankly, I don't give a fuck what they do on 4Chan.  There are places on the internet where you can say whatever you want whenever you want, and frankly, I don't care.  That's a different culture, where everyone tries to screw with everyone as much as possible.  There's a time and a place for that behavior, and this is not it.

@Tack and Zrk2: ... Huh, I didn't even notice writing that.  You're right.  I'll work on it.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #20144 on: January 15, 2011, 01:27:47 am »

It's not "a guy thing." And where's the joke in suggesting someone should rape someone else? Even facetiously that isn't a joke.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 8167