Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461076 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19995 on: January 13, 2011, 11:57:30 am »

I just gave up on my desktop icons and left the bottom two rows clear. As an upside any new things placed on the desktop go down there for future sorting.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19996 on: January 13, 2011, 11:58:05 am »

You're balding Aqizzar?!

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19997 on: January 13, 2011, 12:00:59 pm »

Balding? Isn't he like 20?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19998 on: January 13, 2011, 12:03:33 pm »

There's a lot of people missing a joke here.  I think I'm one of them, but I can't be sure.

I just gave up on my desktop icons and left the bottom two rows clear. As an upside any new things placed on the desktop go down there for future sorting.

What I loved about my new widescreen desktop was I could put everything I wanted immediate access to over on the right, and leave the left side of the screen to just build up shit as I downloaded stuff.  If I wanted something in some folder somewhere, I could move it by hand.  If not, my desktop was a readymade archive of What Aqizzar's Been Up To, and I could entertain myself by reviewing what I've pissed the last few months of my life away on.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19999 on: January 13, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »

I just keep my desktop icons hidden, and keep my shortcuts on my taskbar.

if I want to access a file on there, it's easy to get to, and it doesn't clutter my display.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20000 on: January 13, 2011, 12:27:44 pm »

I'm wondering, if psychotherapy would improve my quality of life in any way...
Anyone got experiences to share?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20001 on: January 13, 2011, 12:41:45 pm »

Shoes...

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20002 on: January 13, 2011, 12:45:07 pm »

This made me sad, angry, frustrated, and all around unhappy.
I have was just woken up four hours ago, after four hours of sleep. This is becouse my mother came in and basicly said this in not so many words "I know you haven't been sleeping well lately, since you just told me last night, but I need you to wake up early becouse we finally paid our Dishnetwork bill after about 3 months but becouse we took so long to pay it they want to replace the box and the dish, but becouse I don't want the dog jumpping on the guy doing the work I need to lock him in my room, and so he doesn't tear up my stuff I need you to stay in there and watch him" already signs of the bad day to come. Next, once I'm fully awake, I notice my right arm fucking hurts. I have no idea what the hell happened but my wrist, my elbow, and my shoulder all hurt in different bloody ways. Then, once I'm actuilly locked in the room with the damn dog he realised he hasn't seen me in four hours and leaps all over me and jumps on me, and this isn't some small dog he's a husky pitbull half-breed, he's big and heavy even though he isn't fully grown yet. This makes me hurt in places other than my arm. Then once it's been an hour or so the dog finally notices we aren't leaveing the room for awhile and begins to moan and cry in a very high pitched sound that made me want to tear my fucking eardrums out, leading to my headache. THEN once people have to go through my mom's room, since her and my dad's TV has a second Dishnetwork box, I have to hold onto the dog's bloody collar, and he's so excited to see the door open after THREE AND A HALF BLOODY HOURS he nearly rips my arms out of my sockets, this is in addition to him twisting and turning so the collar wraps around my hand in a tight and painful way. Then once it's all over and the guy is finally gone I get on my laptop, since I can't get back to sleep, and it takes 15 minutes to fucking start becouse it's a piece of shit.

In short, I'm fucking exhausted, I hurt all over, I'm frustratd as hell, have a headache, and I hate my fucking dog at the moment.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20003 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:52 pm »

Stoicism will set you free.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20004 on: January 13, 2011, 12:48:05 pm »

15 mins? wtf you got on there? i have a k6 processor 330Mhz, 256mb DDR ram, 10gb hard drive and XP and i boot in 1 minute.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20005 on: January 13, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »

15 mins? wtf you got on there? i have a k6 processor 330Mhz, 256mb DDR ram, 10gb hard drive and XP and i boot in 1 minute.
It took 15 minutes becouse I had to keep restarting it becouse it kept fucking up becouse it's a piece of shit.
Also, I tried Stoicism, left me even more miserable and near sucide, I just never let anyone fucking see it.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20006 on: January 13, 2011, 01:05:04 pm »

Ahh nuts Kaguro. :(

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20007 on: January 13, 2011, 01:06:28 pm »

Stoicism will set you free.

Well, this worked for me a long time.
But not any more.
To many things bothering me.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20008 on: January 13, 2011, 01:14:07 pm »

Whoops, forgot one little gem to add to the bad day pile. You see the person who set up the wireing for the electrisity in my house was either an asshole or a retard. I say this becouse if I have my heater on and someone else upstairs has their heater on at the same time, the breaker for the ENTIRE SECOND FLOOR goes off so we need to reset it. Now becouse I have a tendancy to not complain I tell my family to use their heaters while I just leave mine off and get cold. Last winter this wasn't such a big deal, we had put plastic over my windows which kept out alot of the cold air. This winter? Last summer we cut the plastic on one of the windows so I could use the airconditioner, now a month and a half or so into winter my parents still haven't gotten the plastic to re-tape it, so I have something not much better than an open window blowing cold air into my room as well. And to use my shitty ass laptop I have to stay in my room, becouse the battery died so it has to stay plugged in to work, but the dog goes after the cord so my room is the only place he can't chew on it!

Basicly, I'm haveing a shitty day and I'm frustrated as hell, so I appologize before hand if I snap at anyone and insult them or something.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:15:58 pm by KaguroDraven »
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20009 on: January 13, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 8167