Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462825 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19980 on: January 13, 2011, 01:40:02 am »

Peekaboo!
I can see you
and I know what you do!

It's been so long since I listened to Devo.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19981 on: January 13, 2011, 02:11:09 am »

Ever since I started trying to finagle with JACK, I've been unable to run more than one thing with sound.
I don't know if it's a problem with JACK or me having screwed up ALSA, but it's pretty annoying.
Good thing I like fixing things.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19982 on: January 13, 2011, 02:33:16 am »

I'm really getting the appeal of consoles right now.  Every time I fix something on these computers something else stops working, each time more inexplicable.  Today I woke up and half the electronics in the living room had stopped working entirely, including lamps and stuff.  My router worked, but my modem on the same power strip didn't.  Moving it to a different outlet on the same strip made it work.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19983 on: January 13, 2011, 05:08:25 am »

I can't help but think that your computer isn't responsible for the lamps not working, but after all my experiences, I wouldn't call it impossible.

Speaking of computer stupidity, I apparently can't transfer files to my external drive (and presumably vice versa) if they're really huge.  I.E. the kind of files I want to keep on an external drive, so I don't have to burn any more DVDs.  I've got a 6gig ISO, but when I try to move it to the 1.8Tb external, it says the disc is full.  What the crap.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #19984 on: January 13, 2011, 05:13:10 am »

Bass string snapped and cut the back of my hand open ;-;
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19985 on: January 13, 2011, 05:16:23 am »

I can't help but think that your computer isn't responsible for the lamps not working, but after all my experiences, I wouldn't call it impossible.

Speaking of computer stupidity, I apparently can't transfer files to my external drive (and presumably vice versa) if they're really huge.  I.E. the kind of files I want to keep on an external drive, so I don't have to burn any more DVDs.  I've got a 6gig ISO, but when I try to move it to the 1.8Tb external, it says the disc is full.  What the crap.

your drive is likeley formatted as a FAT32 partition, which cannot take files larger than 3gb or so

take everything off of it, and format it as NTFS, and you'll be good.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19986 on: January 13, 2011, 05:27:16 am »

your drive is likeley formatted as a FAT32 partition, which cannot take files larger than 3gb or so

take everything off of it, and format it as NTFS, and you'll be good.

...Huh.  Well so it is.  That's going to be a... problem...  No wonder there were all those threads about format type when I was looking for tech support.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19987 on: January 13, 2011, 05:28:02 am »

TF2 download still has 2.5 hrs left D:

Okay, what the fuck. Three hours later, the download speed has not appreciably changed, and it's displaying *three* hours left.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:23:05 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19988 on: January 13, 2011, 09:38:51 am »

Firefox has been hanging my entire computer for about two minutes each time I start a new process of it. So I finally got fed up, not being able to sort it out, and tried Chrome. Which, thanks to poor Shockwave support, can't play Youtube videos.

Augh.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19989 on: January 13, 2011, 09:45:40 am »

Firefox has been hanging my entire computer for about two minutes each time I start a new process of it. So I finally got fed up, not being able to sort it out, and tried Chrome. Which, thanks to poor Shockwave support, can't play Youtube videos.

Augh.

You sure it's Chrome? I can watch Youtube vids just fine with my install.

As much as I hate to say it, have you tried Safari?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19990 on: January 13, 2011, 09:46:08 am »

Augh.
Chrome, Google's browser, doesn't work with YouTube, a site owned by Google?

EDIT: No. Safari is bad and you should feel bad for mentioning it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19991 on: January 13, 2011, 09:51:37 am »

Augh.
Chrome, Google's browser, doesn't work with YouTube, a site owned by Google?

It's not an across the board issue; it's one that a lot of people have been having, though, and according to the Chrome help forums the problem's been ongoing since 2008 with no actual response from Google. I found a quick fix that stopped the same Shockwave plugin freeze on every other page that uses it, but Youtube videos still break and hang the whole browser.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19992 on: January 13, 2011, 10:43:45 am »

Randomly revisiting a conversation on the last 50-page:

Aqizzar, I think Janet's had you blocked for a while now.
So someone blocks you. You feel good?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19993 on: January 13, 2011, 11:33:07 am »

It's not an across the board issue; it's one that a lot of people have been having, though, and according to the Chrome help forums the problem's been ongoing since 2008 with no actual response from Google. I found a quick fix that stopped the same Shockwave plugin freeze on every other page that uses it, but Youtube videos still break and hang the whole browser.
Tried their html5 based player? http://www.youtube.com/html5

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19994 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:27 am »

Tried playing a crappy game with a fucked up screen resolution.  It reset my desktop resolution by its own volition, and after setting it back, my 172 painstakingly arranged icons are all out of position.  Again.  After all the work I put into arranging them after the last time this happened.

I'll have to spend like an afternoon sorting this shit out, and packing stuff away where I originally intended it to be packed away.  This is the worst part about being neurotic, I swear.  Well okay, it's definitely in the top five.
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 8167