Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465738 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19935 on: January 12, 2011, 03:57:25 pm »

Really, MMenace, when you answer someone on the previous page you should use quotations.

Before making a statement like that, there are two things you could consider.  A) That MM didn't count how many replies were on the page, and so didn't know it would start a new page.  And B) She might have her posts-per-page set different.  It's not the top of the page for me.  And even if it was, if you want to know what she was replying to is it that great an imposition to click one page back?

I know this sounds like I'm coming down heavy, but really, that's such a weird and picky comment I couldn't ignore it.
I was just continuing Kaguro's joke. Now you've ruined it. I hope you're proud of yourself. ;)

Still, bad jokes aside. The point was that I couldn't see your post and thus MM's post must've referred to M0's post on the previous page, not yours (which is right above it, so even if I was enough of a dick to complain about such trivialities it would have been easily understood). I never meant to seriously reprimand MM in any way, that is not how I act towards others. I was even going to sent her a PM explaining this if it didn't come up here, just so I could be sure she understood that I had nothing against her posting (yes, that is how "insecure" about my posts/others getting the point I am).
I know it was a bad joke to begin with and that I made it worse, but I just couldn't help myself.
Love, scriver~

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19936 on: January 12, 2011, 04:03:52 pm »

does it smell like burnt/melted plastic?
Nope. My instincts tell me the plastic breaking off messed up a wire.

Using my brother's laptop for now. I CAN'T TYPE RIGHT ON IT! Ugh. When I tried to put that "!"? It came out "~"..
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19937 on: January 12, 2011, 04:09:28 pm »

I know it was a bad joke to begin with and that I made it worse, but I just couldn't help myself.

No no, see, now it's hilarious.  Because I totally fucked a running joke about reading or not reading posts, because I didn't read any of the posts before it to see that.  If anything, I turned a crappy gag in a verbal pratfall.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19938 on: January 12, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

No no, see, now it's hilarious.  Because I totally fucked a running joke about reading or not reading posts, because I didn't read any of the posts before it to see that.  If anything, I turned a crappy gag in a verbal pratfall.
It wasn't a joke about not reading posts, it was a joke that I had set you to ignore.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19939 on: January 12, 2011, 04:13:16 pm »

And now I've given you a reason to.  And with that, I'm gooone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19940 on: January 12, 2011, 04:36:05 pm »

The posts aren't really gone, just replaced with a "You have ignored this user" message, which you can click on for the post.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19941 on: January 12, 2011, 04:38:54 pm »

The posts aren't really gone, just replaced with a "You have ignored this user" message, which you can click on for the post.
Quiet you, logic has no place here.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19942 on: January 12, 2011, 06:11:51 pm »

So, found a replacement laptop that was hiding somewhere that we stashed because of lack of a functional power supply. Guess what? It used the same type as my now dead one.

The bad news? It's old, and thus less memory. Oh, and it doesn't have any of my games on it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19943 on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:02 pm »

Getting a root canal next week :|
Shoes...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19944 on: January 12, 2011, 06:45:40 pm »

D:
*Hugs*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19945 on: January 12, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

It's my fault, I should've said something earlier.  A large cavity formed when my braces were removed, and I ignored it because it didn't hurt.  After a while the back came out and then I said something because there was literally a hole all the way through my tooth.  By the time we got around to doing something the top of the hole had come off too.  One of my front top teeth is literally broken in half lengthwise.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19946 on: January 12, 2011, 06:55:03 pm »

Oh my god D:

Seriously?  So young... ?

I feel really sorry for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19947 on: January 12, 2011, 06:57:15 pm »

I think I may have just failed completely at being helpful :<
*Hugs*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19948 on: January 12, 2011, 06:59:50 pm »

The worst part is I'll never be able to live out my dream of being a serial killer who bites people to death.  I have a really obvious bite profile.

Honestly my entire dental history has been one long nightmare.

Let's do this chronologically.

Preschool:  Dentist removed all my front teeth (Top and bottom).  Turned out he was crazy and had an illegally obtained license.

Middle School:  Got braces, had for three years, got adjustments maybe 6 times.  The company (Family Dental Care Associates) wouldn't return calls or answer the phone, and when we did manage to get an appointment half the time the orthodontist hadn't even come to work.  Results were predictable:  Teeth got fucking mangled.

High School:  Got a new dentist, she was pretty good (And really generous with the gas) but she didn't clean a tooth properly and it abscessed.  Several weeks of the worst pain I've ever felt in my life later I finally decided I needed to tell someone.  Tooth was pulled and a wisdom tooth grew in to replace it. 

College:  Hooray, root canal.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:08:31 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19949 on: January 12, 2011, 07:02:33 pm »

The worst part is I'll never be able to live out my dream of being a serial killer who bites people to death.  I have a really obvious bite profile.

Damn, yeah, that's a problem.  Gotta get that fixed, man.

... Actually, since I have pretty much perfectly straight teeth (though the bottom row has migrated a little), I think I have another career option open.  Thanks for the tips.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 8167