Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472462 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19710 on: January 08, 2011, 01:36:08 am »

Vector, you do know that the correct way of dealing with this kind of problems is to get drunk with the person that annoys you, and tell each other what is your problem openly?(you might want to skip the laughing part, though)

Yeah, I'm not telling her that one >_>

At the moment, I'm sort of waiting to see how much of this was fluke and how much of it was this individual annoying me.  I guess it's my fault for leaving the pot in the drying rack, but I still think it was kind of obvious that it wasn't a main household item.  In any case, I won't be as annoyed if she's leaving other people's pots dirty and all over the place, so I'm going to steal it back and see how that works.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: January 08, 2011, 01:36:34 am »

Now I understand.

Ignore them.
And threaten report them to the police for harrasment if they continue to...well...harrass you. Then actually do it if they don't heed your warning.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: January 08, 2011, 05:39:35 am »

Ha Ha. There was nothing here.

Basically there is a virus called GUILT. Im doing a strain that multiplys if I take out a triangle. Even if I do it right the whole thing still spreads, making it unwinable. Rage ensues.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:45:10 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19713 on: January 08, 2011, 05:52:22 am »

Dear female roommate...

Bleh... that sounds pretty groady, but it can be par for the course for some folks. Still, don't expect anyone to be psychic, or to be hyperperceptive of non-verbal cues and your expectations. Non-verbal communication comes in a lot of dialects, and doesn't always translate cleanly. Lay out your expectations in a nice way, and I'm pretty sure you won't have to worry about getting stressed or angry. Also, if someone pointedly does it after they were informed of your expectations, you know it was probably to piss you off, so you can take appropriate actions from there.

However, were I in your shoes, I'd not have a problem with folks using the pot provided they cleaned it afterward, and stored their food in tupperware or something, since you like to have them to cook with. In my experience, it's often a lot more comfortable for people to share things in house situations like that, since the alternative can turn into a passive aggressive ownership/pissing contest quickly.

Just be nice and let her know that you'd like if she cleaned up after using it, and boom it's resolved. Much better than stewing over it, and letting that embitter you toward someone who probably doesn't know that these things annoy you... which, when you think about it, is actually pretty unfair to them.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: January 08, 2011, 06:36:45 am »

As a bachelor/roomate, I will say that other people's eating.... styles are also a cause for concern for me. but, I've got little habits which surely annoy my roomates. So, i'm trying to slowly get a few habits away from both of them. First of all, I'm the only one who cooks Meals. Although they both have their fair share of pasta/bacon&eggs. So we all share crockery. Only problem is, one roomate believes that leaving egg residue on the frying pan adds to the taste next time you use it... In a week. Now, I don't like egg anyway. So I find that a little disgusting. And the other, on the other end of the scale, doesn't like leaving things in pans. So he plans to clean it, by first leaving some water in it, y'know, to soak, loosen it all up. That's fine, and good cleaning practice. Unfortunately, he forgets about it. And seeing as they both cook on the odd occasion, it can stay there for a very long time.

Now, my major way to fix this, is just to make casual jokes- ranging from 'I think you forgot to clean your pot, last I checked, it was trying to escape through the window', to "Dude, Either clean that damn thing, or start feeding it twice a day."

Edit: Got my roomate to play Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

After passing the cellar (I think), he stopped playing and went back to WoW. A few days later, I'm talking to a mate, and say 'Yeah, ben was so scared he stopped playing it'. At which point said ben yells at me 'When do I get the pistol? What is the point of me playing a game where I get scared, run, and hide, get scared, run, and hide all the time?'

I'm gonna kill him.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:41:56 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: January 08, 2011, 08:19:36 am »

I recently mentioned a guy I know on Facebook who was trying to argue that the road moves under a chicken.
Has he gone on to explain why the chicken was then on the other side of the road? That has baffled scientists and philosophers for ages. Even I have been rendered stumped about this perplexing matter. Why?

Did the world cease to move just on the other side by the chicken's mere force of will? Or was it fate that has cosmically aligned the world at that precise point underneath the chicken?

A little late, but his logic was that the Earth is rotating under the chicken.  I tried to explain to him that the chicken is moving at the same speed the Earth is rotating, plus or minus its own movement speed, and that any relative movement between the chicken and the road is entirely the chicken's doing.  He doesn't get it.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: January 08, 2011, 08:21:32 am »

Tell him that the Earth is traveling through space at thousands of miles an hour as it orbits the sun, and that the chicken is blasting into the sky relative to the road.

That should confuse him for a little bit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: January 08, 2011, 08:26:34 am »

Tell him that the Earth is traveling through space at thousands of miles an hour as it orbits the sun, and that the chicken is blasting into the sky relative to the road.

If the chicken is still, then the chicken is not moving using the road as a reference point, since they're traveling at the same speed/direction from a fixed reference point. The chicken is traveling thousands of miles per hour (along with the rest of the Earth) from a fixed reference point, though.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: January 08, 2011, 08:34:53 am »

If the chicken is still, then the chicken is not moving using the road as a reference point, since they're traveling at the same speed/direction from a fixed reference point. The chicken is traveling thousands of miles per hour (along with the rest of the Earth) from a fixed reference point, though.
Not with this guy's logic, it ain't.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: January 08, 2011, 08:52:27 am »

Then say that our solar system is rotating several order of magnitude faster than that around the milky way, so the chicken is approaching the speed of light. And you know how if you go really really fast in games sometimes you can phase through solid walls? the chicken is instantly teleporting to Saturn thanks to its immense speed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: January 08, 2011, 09:32:27 am »

A little late, but his logic was that the Earth is rotating under the chicken.  I tried to explain to him that the chicken is moving at the same speed the Earth is rotating, plus or minus its own movement speed, and that any relative movement between the chicken and the road is entirely the chicken's doing.  He doesn't get it.
Maybe he's just messing with you?
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: January 08, 2011, 09:54:57 am »

I seem to be in a creative block, haven't done anything for a few days now, really depressing, plus i'm bored out of my mind
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: January 08, 2011, 10:09:54 am »

Maybe he's just messing with you?

I know him personally, he's really that stupid.
Shoes...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: January 08, 2011, 10:55:57 am »

Caught a bug, currently trying to cope with it...

Made a topic so maybe I can sorta live while like this...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74717.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: January 08, 2011, 11:09:51 am »

Right, so the spark is back, i have an idea, it's in there somewhere, churning and boiling away, but the problem is i can't get it out, i keep starting something then deciding it's crap and starting something new, and it's driving me crazy, i will eventually get something, but dammit i'm going to go insane before that "eventually" finally comes
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 8167