Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494659 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19005 on: December 25, 2010, 12:11:56 am »

it was Toonyman in the discussion room with the candlestick.
Don't you mean the conversatory?
BA DUM TISH

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19006 on: December 25, 2010, 12:12:03 am »

Holy crap people are noticing me

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19007 on: December 25, 2010, 12:13:07 am »

Holy crap people are noticing me

*stares*  :o
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19008 on: December 25, 2010, 12:16:13 am »

STOP CRIMINAL SCUM!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #19009 on: December 25, 2010, 12:24:15 am »

The Autarch-Worst Gamer-Transcendent Tyrant conjunction has been causing too much trouble in too short a period of time to remain.  I don't know if they are the same person or the same house or what, but I can only deal with so much.  Dunno anything about MoM, other than the game.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19010 on: December 25, 2010, 12:25:11 am »

People are at my house while I am having Christmas and they are not people who I want at my house.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19011 on: December 25, 2010, 12:26:08 am »

Remove them from your house.

Use the power.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19012 on: December 25, 2010, 12:26:36 am »

I'm actually borderline INTP.  My F lean is very small, and both sides describe me equally well.  I'm hardcore INP, though.  I explore all perspectives of every situation and then go back and forth explaining them to each other so they can learn to co-exist.

My manager is INTJ.  I'm the only person here who doesn't get pissed off at him regularly, and frequently explain to all my co-workers how he's easy to get along with if you just ___.

Oh, that's interesting!  I typically go with exploring little micro-systems, then apply what I've learned from the micro-system to the larger system... it's all about constructing relationships between patterns.  The J part largely comes in terms of the obsessive long-term planning and occasional attempts to alter systems, as well as a habit of keeping an "idealized system" in mind at all times (though I frequently update this mental model).  I suppose I go in full P mode most of the time, taking J-side notes as to how I could apply the principles I've learned in a long-term xanatos gambit if I ever felt like it.  It's kind of funny because when I'm observing I'll usually come off like a total airhead, and when I'm in application-mode I apparently seem shockingly cold and competent.

I don't get along with INTJs in general, though.  Too cold (and, in my experience, arrogant), even though my lean is very heavy on the I, N, and T.  I mean, I can figure out how to deal with them, but... I don't want to >_>

BA DUM TISH

That's horrible, and I read it about three times before I saw what you'd actually written.  :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19013 on: December 25, 2010, 12:28:24 am »

BA DUM TISH

That's horrible, and I read it about three times before I saw what you'd actually written.  :D

oh god, I see it now.

also, what's all this INTJP nonsense?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19014 on: December 25, 2010, 12:30:07 am »

Myers-Briggs typology =/  The Wikipedia article explains better than I can.

It's vaguely pseudo-scientific, but has just enough apparent validity to make discussion interesting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #19015 on: December 25, 2010, 12:46:54 am »

BA DUM TISH

My not-so-stealthy stealth pun was a success then.

Oh, is this the Meyers-Briggs test thread now? I'll bite then. I took one, and I'm INTP. 100% I, 100% N, 75% T, and 56% P (which puts me just barely on the side of P versus J). Strange though, because J doesn't really describe me at all. I almost never make schedules, and always procrastinate.

Myers-Briggs typology =/  The Wikipedia article explains better than I can.

It's vaguely pseudo-scientific, but has just enough apparent validity to make discussion interesting.
Pretty much all of psychology is pseudoscience simply because we don't understand much of it at all. Doesn't mean that it's not applicable though.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19016 on: December 25, 2010, 12:50:39 am »

Apparently I'm ISTP.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19017 on: December 25, 2010, 12:53:54 am »

Oh, is this the Meyers-Briggs test thread now? I'll bite then. I took one, and I'm INTP. 100% I, 100% N, 75% T, and 56% P (which puts me just barely on the side of P versus J). Strange though, because J doesn't really describe me at all. I almost never make schedules, and always procrastinate.

Ah, 0% P is where we get on the bridge between P and J.  I can vary as much as 70% in either direction depending on recent opinions  ::)  So you're pretty heavily on the P side, actually.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19018 on: December 25, 2010, 12:55:21 am »

I'm a INTJ at 44%   ,50%,62%,33%

Go indecision!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #19019 on: December 25, 2010, 12:56:35 am »

Ah, 0% P is where we get on the bridge between P and J.  I can vary as much as 70% in either direction depending on recent opinions  ::)  So you're pretty heavily on the P side, actually.
That's kind of strange. You would think that 50% would be the separation between the two. But no, they have to use... negatives or something. But I suppose it makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 8167