Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494655 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18990 on: December 24, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

Listen to Duke. Please, listen to Duke.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18991 on: December 24, 2010, 11:45:48 pm »

I don't mind conflict-dissolution in terms of "all people."  I mind white-knighting in the form of "let's white-knight for whatever cute and fluffy individual we find around here and fuck the rest of 'em."  The "I'll defend anything, no matter how abhorrent" can kind of annoy me sometimes, but it's not something I'd try to stop.

Trying to figure out where I fall in this.  It's a little sticky.  I am an equal-opportunity white-knighter (the terminology is getting fun here...), but above all I'm very conscious of fairness.  I gravitate to underdogs and strive for balance.  Sometimes this puts me in situations where I defend things I think are wrong. 

For instance, I spent a long time sticking up for a guy who was a hardcore racist on one forum.  He had completely deplorable viewpoints.  But... he was actually really respectful in the way he discussed them.  He discussed criticism of his ideas in a pretty level-headed manner.  He never engaged in personal attacks.  Most people on the forum just treated him like dirt instead of making the slightest effort to communicate honestly.  So I stuck up for him, despite disagreeing with everything he stood for.

Yeah, I'm solidly in the center of INTP/INTJ.  I guess that amounts to "find the truth at all costs, figure out the system, and if the system you care about doesn't work then break the system and build a new one."

I'm actually borderline INTP.  My F lean is very small, and both sides describe me equally well.  I'm hardcore INP, though.  I explore all perspectives of every situation and then go back and forth explaining them to each other so they can learn to co-exist.

My manager is INTJ.  I'm the only person here who doesn't get pissed off at him regularly, and frequently explain to all my co-workers how he's easy to get along with if you just ___.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:47:22 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18992 on: December 24, 2010, 11:47:08 pm »

The issue that drew us all into this was that she doesn't interact with the community enough. What hurt and issues will be gained from somebody who posts twitter updates on what her significant other is doing?  There will be some anger perhaps, but nothing that would hurt any of us.

And at least two girls in this thread started out identifying as male. Should we cast suspicion on them for not keeping their story straight? People lie at first to hide who they are, revealing more and more as they grow comfortable with the community. Things shift.

Blerg I don't feel like fighting this here, as it just hammers your point in. I hate this crap, but it's better to just leave these argument alone. And making a thread about this would just make everything worse, so blerg.

Male -> Female is understandable. Bisexual -> (ALWAYS) Lesbian is not. Bisexual just opens yourself up to more interaction, whilst lesbian generally doesn't. I'd understand lesbian -> bisexual (since you feel comfortable enough with the community that you feel you can trust them not to go "OMG ITS A GURL SLOBBER SLOBBER") but not the other way around.

Those two girls also seem to have given a completely open personality after that point. They felt comfortable with the community. MoM just gave us drama from pretty much the beginning. She did not open up at all, since her persona was completely open.

Just look at it. Really, man, don't refute it. I understand where you're coming from, I'm just asking you to see what I'm trying to say. The personality doesn't work.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18993 on: December 24, 2010, 11:48:20 pm »

@Autarch: Why does it even matter?!? I don't give a damn, most of the community doesn't give a damn, and you're the only one who does. You are beginning to bear a distinct resemblance to this guy.

Listen to Duke. Please, listen to Duke.
Seconded.
[/post]

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18994 on: December 24, 2010, 11:49:31 pm »

@Autarch: Why does it even matter?!? I don't give a damn, most of the community doesn't give a damn, and you're the only one who does. You are beginning to bear a distinct resemblance to this guy.

Et tu, Brute?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18995 on: December 24, 2010, 11:50:32 pm »

Your running around saying how terrible it all will be when her persona falls apart, and your causing more of a fuss then anything she could ever do.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #18996 on: December 24, 2010, 11:52:42 pm »

The truth is, if MoM is a troll, you're all just feeding the troll. If MoM is not a troll, you're accomplishing the same thing (which would be filling this forum with useless posts and possibly creating a rift in the community). It might even be said that MoM is trolling, but whether or not it's intentional is what matters. Just drop it.

Let's just try to move to real sadness.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18997 on: December 24, 2010, 11:55:20 pm »

The truth is, if MoM is a troll, you're all just feeding the troll. If MoM is not a troll, you're accomplishing the same thing (which would be filling this forum with useless posts and possibly creating a rift in the community). It might even be said that MoM is trolling, but whether or not it's intentional is what matters. Just drop it.

The context of your last sentence just made me laugh.  Not disagreeing with it.  Just... "Let's stop worrying about trolls so we can be sad for reals"  :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #18998 on: December 24, 2010, 11:57:04 pm »

The context of your last sentence just made me laugh.  Not disagreeing with it.  Just... "Let's stop worrying about trolls so we can be sad for reals"  :D
Hey, you're not allowed to have positive emotions in here! :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18999 on: December 25, 2010, 12:00:30 am »

I haven't been the same person since I first came out.  I am new and improved super built machine.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #19000 on: December 25, 2010, 12:02:45 am »

I haven't been the same person since I first came out.  I am new and improved super built machine.

How is that a bad thing?
[/post]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19001 on: December 25, 2010, 12:04:27 am »

I was making a counter-point to something somebody say at sometime.

With the candlestick.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19002 on: December 25, 2010, 12:08:02 am »

With the candlestick.

:o

Toony what did you do to Mr. Boddy.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19003 on: December 25, 2010, 12:09:48 am »

it was Toonyman in the discussion room with the candlestick.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19004 on: December 25, 2010, 12:11:49 am »

Toony snapped. He is no longer the goofy happy crazy dude we all know and love, but a crazed maniac bent on revenge and carnage.

May the Toady have mercy on us all.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 8167