Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495186 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18960 on: December 24, 2010, 10:01:34 pm »

It's hard to trust you when you don't put yourself out there as a human being, rather than a person whose entire life seems to be wrapped around lesbian sex, nightmares, her daughter, and running away from her parents.

Yup.  That's all, I guess.

You know normally I wouldn't but in but this just bothers me. Vector all I see you posting about is Math, food, depression, Mafia and well. Running away from your parents. Kinda unfair of you.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18961 on: December 24, 2010, 10:03:18 pm »

Non-female here who doesn't understand what the fascination is.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18962 on: December 24, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »

. . .

I guess the fascination here is supposed to be from a non-female perspective, then.

Well, from the point of view of someone attracted to women, yes. :p

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18963 on: December 24, 2010, 10:05:00 pm »

I understand why someone would find that fascinating, but I don't find it fascinating myself.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18964 on: December 24, 2010, 10:13:15 pm »

It's hard to trust you when you don't put yourself out there as a human being, rather than a person whose entire life seems to be wrapped around lesbian sex, nightmares, her daughter, and running away from her parents.

You know normally I wouldn't but in but this just bothers me. Vector all I see you posting about is Math, food, depression, Mafia and well. Running away from your parents. Kinda unfair of you.
One can write many times about e.g. math or lesbian love, and each time have something new to say, or just post variations of a single phrase.
This is the internet, so the more you express about yourself, the more "substantial" and, well, real you appear.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18965 on: December 24, 2010, 10:13:45 pm »

She does very actively discuss other things, so I at least know something about her life. She is very hard on sexism as it has been an issue that has popped up a lot for her. She actively discusses other peoples problems and provides help for them. She has had a rotten relationship but we could see her work through it and deal with the issue as we saw her stance change through the months. Instead of saying "I'm scared of something" she says "I'm scared of this, and this is probably why."

I don't mean to pick on anybody, but I think you are being a little reactionary here Janet. It's unfair that she ran into these issues, but there are good reasons for these issues cropping up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18966 on: December 24, 2010, 10:19:23 pm »

It's more I think it's in bad taste for all this to be going on. A lot bothers me on this forum but I don't complain about it all the time. It just doesn't seem well, necessary. At least to me. Mainly just because this all cropping up is just so negative.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18967 on: December 24, 2010, 10:21:02 pm »

to be fair, this is the sad thread, so negative things do tend to pop up here.

me, I'm sad about the shitty weather I'm having.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18968 on: December 24, 2010, 10:26:04 pm »

I don't like seeing these things pop up on forums in general, either.  Anybody accusing someone else of attention whoring is likely doing it as a form of attention whoring themselves.

People say things.  If you have something to say about what someone else has said, say it.  If you have something to say about the kinds of things that other people like to say, keep it to yourself unless you're seriously offended somehow.  It's the difference between discussing drama and creating drama.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18969 on: December 24, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »

I only see complaints in this forum. From, like, everyone. That's what makes me sad.

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18970 on: December 24, 2010, 10:37:27 pm »

You know what makes me sad?

The fact I'm not sure if Merchant of Menace is just a persona or not. It'd be hilariously twisted if it was, but I'd have some serious respect for the person that managed it.

Picked flaws in the story already from what I could piece together. Namely in the realm of housing and pregnant teenagers (had a friend go through this, learnt a lot about the system itself :p) but also just general common sense.

The "Sadness Mary Sue" aspect of the persona is wonderful, through. Perfectly crafted.

10/10.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18971 on: December 24, 2010, 10:40:08 pm »

The fact I'm not sure if Merchant of Menace is just a persona or not. It'd be hilariously twisted if it was, but I'd have some serious respect for the person that managed it.

Picked flaws in the story already from what I could piece together. Namely in the realm of housing and pregnant teenagers (had a friend go through this, learnt a lot about the system itself :p) but also just general common sense.

The "Sadness Mary Sue" aspect of the persona is wonderful, through. Perfectly crafted.

10/10.

And who cares if it is?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18972 on: December 24, 2010, 10:40:38 pm »

Come on people, lets not fight over this. Merchant of Menace is a fine forumite, just today she helped me set up DOSBox step-by-step because my stupid ass can't make heads or tails of the tutorials.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18973 on: December 24, 2010, 10:41:24 pm »

i was just about to post that who cares about any of who and what and where

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18974 on: December 24, 2010, 10:44:17 pm »

Come on people, lets not fight over this. Merchant of Menace is a fine forumite, just today she helped me set up DOSBox step-by-step because my stupid ass can't make heads or tails of the tutorials.

Which is my point. You can say, "Oh, yeah, people can do whatever they like", but that is not the sort of thing -16- year old girls do. It's just not.

It's a personality oddity when you mix it with the various other factors (sex life, lesbian girlfriend, apparently babby). The picture is WRONG.

The "Sadness Mary Sue" aspect of the persona is wonderful, though. Perfectly crafted.

10/10.
And who cares if it is?

Quite a few people who've been deceived, I imagine. Trust me that when the pantomime breaks, people are usually shocked.
Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 8168