Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496200 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18855 on: December 22, 2010, 07:25:20 pm »

I still don't know what part of Recettear causes it to hang so horribly, but at least now I know what the hanging is.
I've got a framerate of 0.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18856 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:41 pm »

Since viruses hit my computer, twice, my registry's been wiped clean. Unfortunately, now I don't know where EUIII's CD key is, and since I installed it pre-wipe, the key in the registry is gone. I have no idea how I can find it short of finding the manual now. :(
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18857 on: December 22, 2010, 10:04:49 pm »

Well we didn't have the money to live in our old house, so we moved to the flat, we were renting cheap cause it was unofficial, legally the flat was empty, so we got it cheap. This deal was worked out between two friends who fell out, and we got the raw end.
So the landlord was gaining untaxed income and committing fraud? If the rent you were paying wasn't reported as income, and you feel like fucking him over in return, I'm sure there are some tax collectors that would absolutely love to hear about it. Also, most countries have some form of squatters' rights too, so you can probably continue living there for a short while at least if you look up the relevant local laws, regardless of formal contract.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18858 on: December 22, 2010, 10:06:03 pm »

Camstudio eating a portion of my new LP. Dammit why doesn't fraps wanna work for La-mulana? Whyyy?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18859 on: December 22, 2010, 10:11:32 pm »

Camstudio eating a portion of my new LP. Dammit why doesn't fraps wanna work for La-mulana? Whyyy?
Yeah, Camstudio not saving anything over 2Megs right is a pretty huge problem. Have you tried hypercam? Works like a charm for me, if slightly laggy on my PoS netbook.

Also, link to the LP?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18860 on: December 22, 2010, 10:17:44 pm »

I've been sad a lot recently, which I used to attribute to several circumstances beyond my control. I say used to because I figure at some point I have to just take the blame. I have no good reason that all of my problems aren't fixed. Instead, it makes more sense that I've been a failure and a looser. I had given up to the point that I didn't even see a better future as possible. That's a very sad thought.

I'm currently telling myself little motivational speeches in an attempt to fix the situation. Of course, if I'm telling them to myself, will it still work? The placebo effect doesn't work if you know it's a placebo effect...
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18861 on: December 22, 2010, 11:01:30 pm »

Whenever I feel down like that, I write down how I feel on a little piece of paper, put it in my pocket, and get back to whatever I was doing.  Oddly, this seems to work really well.  Or maybe I'll write down something motivational which isn't quite true but I can see is close to the truth, and I feel a lot better then, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18862 on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:53 pm »

Never once worked for me, and Lord knows I've tried.  About the only thing that actually does get me motivated is knowing someone else is counting on it, and even then it can get hit or miss.  Then again, I haven't really been in the "self-motivation" gear ever since I realized I was beating myself up more than accomplishing anything.  My behavior hasn't changed much, but my internal dialogue is a lot more peaceful.

In more tangible matters, reading this has me grumbling.  At this moment in the world, a kid is shopping for ways to fuck up his life, and is getting angrier and more assured of this decision with each attempt, when nobody will play along and show him how to make it happen.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18863 on: December 22, 2010, 11:10:17 pm »

At this moment in the world, a kid is shopping for ways to fuck up his life, and is getting angrier and more assured of this decision with each attempt, when nobody will play along and show him how to make it happen.

This.
[/post]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18864 on: December 22, 2010, 11:12:44 pm »

Eh, for me I find that before I start working I'm scared to start, and once I've started I'm scared to stop.  Makes my life a lot easier, in many ways.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18865 on: December 22, 2010, 11:16:42 pm »

Eh, for me I find that before I start working I'm scared to start, and once I've started I'm scared to stop.  Makes my life a lot easier, in many ways.

Sounds like, yeah.  Aside from general shiftlessness, in that I enjoy doing time-wasting entertaining stuff more than working, I find starting vastly easier than continuing.  If anything, I'm scared of actually finishing things, because then I'll have to show them to people, and I don't want to find out that I suck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18866 on: December 22, 2010, 11:27:15 pm »

About the only thing that actually does get me motivated is knowing someone else is counting on it

Print this pic and post it in your desk:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18867 on: December 22, 2010, 11:53:43 pm »

Well now I'm nearly alone. Gah. Anyone that has me in their list able to pop on for a bit? Girlfriend is sleeping soon...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18868 on: December 22, 2010, 11:54:44 pm »

Girlfriend?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18869 on: December 22, 2010, 11:58:25 pm »

Most of the people I talk to on steam know her better. Since she likes to borrow my account to talk to some of my friends. And at that sometimes a few games.
Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 8168