Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9497526 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18795 on: December 21, 2010, 09:30:56 pm »

₪?
I knew that looked familiar.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18796 on: December 21, 2010, 09:35:46 pm »

I'm used to some captcha engines giving you one word from a known dictionary and one word from an unknown text that they are trying to OCR.  They probably have 99% confidence in the unknown text, but they only VERIFY you on the known word.  So if you see one valid word and one gibberish thing, you can type anything you want + the valid word and it will work.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18797 on: December 21, 2010, 09:41:27 pm »

I spend the better part of four months getting a group together to play Pathfinder, and the day before the game my dad says he completely forgot about it and can't get me there. Upon asking why, all he said boiled down to "Your mom has cancer."

It's no surprise to me, the cancer thing, that's been an issue for almost as long as setting up the game. It's just, why is that an excuse he considers valid? Her appointment was today, not tomorrow, so how does that make any sense??
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18798 on: December 21, 2010, 09:43:42 pm »

I spend the better part of four months getting a group together to play Pathfinder, and the day before the game my dad says he completely forgot about it and can't get me there. Upon asking why, all he said boiled down to "Your mom has cancer."

It's no surprise to me, the cancer thing, that's been an issue for almost as long as setting up the game. It's just, why is that an excuse he considers valid? Her appointment was today, not tomorrow, so how does that make any sense??

It makes all the sense in the world, if you know you've only got so much time left to spend with a loved one.  They probably had plans to spend time together.

Sorry about the game.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18799 on: December 21, 2010, 09:44:54 pm »

It makes all the sense in the world, if you know you've only got so much time left to spend with a loved one.  They probably had plans to spend time together.

Sorry about the game.

What? Oh wait, I forgot to mention!! The cancer's treatable, and is being treated. My mom's gonna be fine.

Man I sound like a dick without mentioning that part.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18800 on: December 21, 2010, 09:53:08 pm »

...Oh.  Heh.

Well, I'm sure you can scrape some other transportation together.  Maybe one of the other players can snag you, if you offer gas money + snacks.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18801 on: December 21, 2010, 09:58:58 pm »

Migranes. How do they work?
How long do they last? Also, is it throbbing, or continuous? Do you see odd things before a fit?
(it could be cluster headaches or SUNCT. The location certainly does fit.)

It's been going all day, and I got one 2 days ago in precisely the same location, as I have in the past. It's been about a year since the worst ones last hit, though.

It's a continuous dull pain, but it throbs intermittently. There are no visual effects, though they seem to be a bit light-sensitive. They're light enough that I can ignore them right now, but they were on the verge of making me nauseous with pain the other night. I'm going to try eating to see if that takes care of it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18802 on: December 21, 2010, 10:01:03 pm »

Light sensitive as in light make them worse? And the main area of pain is behind one of your eyes?
*Hugs*

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18803 on: December 21, 2010, 10:09:12 pm »

Yes to both. Making delicious pasta in hopes of curbing this one, right now. It's been a while since I've eaten, which might be making it worse.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18804 on: December 21, 2010, 10:10:29 pm »

Is your eye (the one that the pain's focused behind) dilated at all?
*Hugs*

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18805 on: December 21, 2010, 10:13:17 pm »

The terrible headaches I used to get have been coming back lately. They might be migraines, but I'm not sure; they're always in the exact same places in my head (above/behind my right eyeball, and at the base of my right ear). They don't always hurt terribly, but when they do they're one of the worst pains I've ever felt.

Thankfully, right now it's pretty faint. I really need to find out what's causing them.
Might be sleep or water deprivation. Those give me the worst headaches all over. Just yesterday (after a 24 no-sleep period) I had the mother of all toothaches. Today, after a good 11 hour nap? Gone.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18806 on: December 21, 2010, 10:15:45 pm »

Officemate's last day was today, and he just left.  He was a good guy.  Even if he did slurp his coffee pretty loud.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #18807 on: December 21, 2010, 11:04:24 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:26:47 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18808 on: December 21, 2010, 11:05:43 pm »

Hello Hunam

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18809 on: December 21, 2010, 11:10:20 pm »

Got stopped for speeding. Used my sales technique to weasel my way out of a ticket. Couldn't find my insurance papers, even though my car has 3 years worth stashed in the glove box. Still have to go to the courthouse and pay a fine.

I'm more mad that I was speeding in the first place than that I got caught. Stupid. Stupid, and irresponsible.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 8168