Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499212 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18705 on: December 20, 2010, 02:33:13 pm »

So, went to bed in denial of my reality.  Go to school in denial of reality, and then finally end the day on a better note and with a better mood.

Sometimes I just want to leave this place though.  :[

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18706 on: December 20, 2010, 02:41:56 pm »

No, it's tap water. And I sure as hell hope it isn't the water, since I drink the same.

I doubt it's that, the other dog has been epileptic for about a year, but he's been on medication and hasn't had a seizure for as long as I can remember clearly. Where'd you hear about the groundwater contamination? I'd like to look into that.
My cousin lives in that area, and both his dogs had seizures (they were both from the same line of dogs, a generation apart, but my dog was also from the same litter as the younger one and hasn't had any such problems), with the younger one dying of cancer last year. According to them, the water that comes out of the tap is blue and smells like sulfur, and going off what they said they believed the groundwater to have been contaminated by a specific pesticide (or fertilizer, I can't recall which) that was in use at a farm that had been located nearby. They stopped giving the dogs the tap water after a while, but have remarked that they've heard that an unusually large number of dogs in the area suffer from the same problems.

I can't confirm the veracity of any of this, mind you, aside from the dogs having seizures and the one dying of cancer last year, nor do I have more details than that. It was just the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post, and if your tapwater doesn't come from a well, it's probably something else. Most of the time seizures in dogs are fairly benign, and easily treatable, as I understand it.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: December 20, 2010, 03:47:40 pm »

Playing Fire Emblem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: December 20, 2010, 03:54:34 pm »

So, went to bed in denial of my reality.  Go to school in denial of reality, and then finally end the day on a better note and with a better mood.

Sometimes I just want to leave this place though.  :[

you just have to keep a totem on you at all times, to remind you of reality.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: December 20, 2010, 04:00:57 pm »

argh spyware
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: December 20, 2010, 04:01:15 pm »

IT NEVER STOPS SPINNING aahhhhhhhhh

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: December 20, 2010, 04:27:00 pm »

One of my dogs is having seizures. We've already got one epileptic dog, now we have two.

And of course, the first thing the stepdad(who owns the dogs) complains about, is the money.

And I feel really, really bad about this, but I've been in his boat myself.

I refuse to own pets because of the associated medical bills.  In my mind, people always have to come before pets.  I've seen people put themselves in horrible situations because of pets--including bad medical situations because they were too broke.  Yeah, pets help your sanity, and they are good friends, family members, and you really owe it to them to take care of them, but in the end their lives ARE a lot more fleeting than ours.  When the costs to take care of a pet can run into the thousands, you have to make some very difficult decisions.

I've got a friend who I'm financially responsible for, I'm paying her rent.  She's taking care of her (also broke) mother's dog right now.  The dog is very old.  I like him a lot, but once he starts racking up expensive vet bills, I am going to seriously be up shit creek because of her.  As in "your dog is ruining my life".
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: December 20, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »

No, it's tap water. And I sure as hell hope it isn't the water, since I drink the same.

I doubt it's that, the other dog has been epileptic for about a year, but he's been on medication and hasn't had a seizure for as long as I can remember clearly. Where'd you hear about the groundwater contamination? I'd like to look into that.

Some breeds are prone to epilepsy and/or seizures. Mostly terriers and schnauzers that I remember, but I know there's other breeds as well.
Boxer/Pit mix?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: December 20, 2010, 08:29:27 pm »

This internet on/off sine wave is really screwing with my head.
What the hell is going on here? D:

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: December 20, 2010, 08:33:13 pm »

This internet on/off sine wave is really screwing with my head.
What the hell is going on here? D:
Faulty wiring somewhere?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: December 20, 2010, 08:35:11 pm »

No, I think it has something to do with poorly implemented WPA support.
I may try screwing around with iwconfig to get things working right.
There's some settings there that may help.
I was advised to try out screwing with the bitrate and power management.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: December 20, 2010, 08:35:23 pm »

You must whip the internet Gnomes harder.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: December 20, 2010, 08:36:12 pm »

You must whip the internet Gnomes harder.
and more consistantly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: December 20, 2010, 08:37:01 pm »

Consistency is key here.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: December 20, 2010, 08:38:38 pm »

Consistency isn't the issue.
It really is quite consistent, which is good for me, I guess.
Anyway, interesting discovery, iwconfig when it's down returns a blank for the essid.
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 8168