Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499227 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18690 on: December 20, 2010, 07:21:03 am »

@Duke: Why don't you do like I did? Write them down a few hundred times to memorize them and burn the papers.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18691 on: December 20, 2010, 11:57:16 am »

I just gave up my usual placement of 'seeing both sides of the argument while trying to defuse the people fighting' stance in a thread of here becouse someone chose to be a sarcastic twat and insult the other person, when I had just attempted to defuse the situation.  This makes me sad.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: December 20, 2010, 11:59:14 am »

I just gave up my usual placement of 'seeing both sides of the argument while trying to defuse the people fighting' stance in a thread of here becouse someone chose to be a sarcastic twat and insult the other person, when I had just attempted to defuse the situation.  This makes me sad.

it happens.

times like this, the best thing to do is often just to look the other way till it boils over.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: December 20, 2010, 12:04:02 pm »

Don't bother, Other Games is a cesspool with on-site nerdrage coliseum.
Shoes...

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:40 pm »

Still, I'm used to being the only neutral party in an argument and try not to take sides, and point out flaws in both sides arguments. I just raged, and I don't know why.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: December 20, 2010, 12:09:51 pm »

I'm sad because Rapidshare is basically the worst thing to ever happen to the internet.
Shoes...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18696 on: December 20, 2010, 12:11:09 pm »

Don't bother, Other Games is a cesspool with on-site nerdrage coliseum.

Why would you say that? The place seems fine to me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18697 on: December 20, 2010, 12:24:14 pm »

It's okay sometimes, but video games are serious business and most of the threads end up being arguments about which old game is how much better than which new game.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18698 on: December 20, 2010, 12:27:53 pm »

it happens.

times like this, the best thing to do is often just to look the other way till it boils over.
And then tip the boiling cauldron over on the offending two parties.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18699 on: December 20, 2010, 12:45:10 pm »

One of my dogs is having seizures. We've already got one epileptic dog, now we have two.

And of course, the first thing the stepdad(who owns the dogs) complains about, is the money.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18700 on: December 20, 2010, 01:23:16 pm »

Do you get your water from a well? There's an area near where I live where the groundwater was apparently contaminated with pesticides that can cause seizures, and there's an abnormally high level of instances of dogs having seizures and developing cancer around there (since people are smart enough not to drink water that comes out of their tap blue and reeking of... sulfur I believe it was, but they still give that water to their dogs because derp).
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18701 on: December 20, 2010, 01:37:32 pm »

No, it's tap water. And I sure as hell hope it isn't the water, since I drink the same.

I doubt it's that, the other dog has been epileptic for about a year, but he's been on medication and hasn't had a seizure for as long as I can remember clearly. Where'd you hear about the groundwater contamination? I'd like to look into that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18702 on: December 20, 2010, 01:40:18 pm »

Wow, apparently after my rage filled rant the argument stopped and the topic got back on topic. Should I be happy it put it back on topic or sad I broke my neutrality? Either way I'm still stressed as hell becouse I broke said neutrality.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18703 on: December 20, 2010, 01:42:34 pm »

I have two canker sores on my lower lip the size of a fingernail. Augh.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: December 20, 2010, 01:44:59 pm »

No, it's tap water. And I sure as hell hope it isn't the water, since I drink the same.

I doubt it's that, the other dog has been epileptic for about a year, but he's been on medication and hasn't had a seizure for as long as I can remember clearly. Where'd you hear about the groundwater contamination? I'd like to look into that.

Some breeds are prone to epilepsy and/or seizures. Mostly terriers and schnauzers that I remember, but I know there's other breeds as well.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 8168