Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499477 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18600 on: December 17, 2010, 10:14:58 pm »

I be sad I can't think of anything I want to do because I'm too interested in something I don't have yet.
 :-[

I have a similar problem.
[/post]

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18601 on: December 17, 2010, 11:20:53 pm »

Well, it would seem I cannot connect to my dad's internet.
I've got the essid and the key right, but dhcpcd times out on 'waiting for carrier.'
Not even Matt could help.
And he's not only the one who set up the internet, but he's also familiar with Linux.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18602 on: December 18, 2010, 12:58:27 am »

That, or people are obsessed with specific types, completely ignoring any existence of equalizing weaknesses.  It's like you and Gary, and maybe one or two of the challenge bosses are the only people for whom the Pokemon that the entire world revolves around are not an alien concept.  Nobody else seems to grasp the concept of combined arms.

I have heard many wondrous things about the new Pokemon games, including that the Elite Four are not this stupid. For example, the fighting trainer who is currently known as Renbu has only fighting type, but he actually seems to know what he's doing. His Nageki/Dageki team constantly baton passes stat boosts and Wishes to one another, making them nearly impossible to kill. His Breloom actually uses Spore, the only move with a 100% chance to put a Pokemon to sleep. His other Pokemon actually use moves that aren't fighting type, such as ground, poison, and flying moves. In fact, I've heard that there are people who have failed to flatten him instantly even though he trains solely Fighting Pokemon. Things are looking up.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18603 on: December 18, 2010, 02:08:10 am »

I'm listening to some School of Seven Bells and I'm pretty bummed that one of the sisters left the band.  I didn't even know until I saw them live a few months ago.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18604 on: December 18, 2010, 02:14:31 am »

I'm looking over all the art resources I've saved over the years, getting all inspired and pumped and ready to get some work done, when that familiar feeling returns to my gut. I'll work on it tomorrow. Well why can't I do it now? It's late, and I'm not feeling it now. Just promise me we'll work on it in the morning. Sure thing.

And it never comes. Ever. This crap has been haunting me for years, and I can't just let it get to me. If I don't overcome this the winter break will just be me sitting at my computer wasting my time. I have like two projects I want to do, and every time I think about them I think of all possible prerequisites I have to do to start and think I'll do it later, which always drives me away and ruins all plans.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18605 on: December 18, 2010, 02:18:59 am »

I have a REALLY bad feeling I'm going to say something stupid and get myself banned from this forum.

My foot is often stuck in my mouth. (Not literally)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18606 on: December 18, 2010, 03:23:05 am »

Who needs girlfriends, I have video games.  I spend lots of money on them, devote my time to them, think about them when I'm not around them.  Then the truth comes out and they aren't that great anyway.  So I find something else do to, like read a book, but one way or another... I'm back with another game, then off the game, then back on another.  Gets worse if you've met people through said game, because when you try to leave and move on, they still want to hang out and eventually bring the game back into the picture.  Or you find a game you like, then suddenly the devs have to switch things around out of nowhere, or something else goes wrong, and it's time to move on.

I just want to play my game and have fun already.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18607 on: December 18, 2010, 03:59:42 am »

Who needs girlfriends, I have video games.  I spend lots of money on them, devote my time to them, think about them when I'm not around them.  Then the truth comes out and they aren't that great anyway.  So I find something else do to, like read a book, but one way or another... I'm back with another game, then off the game, then back on another.  Gets worse if you've met people through said game, because when you try to leave and move on, they still want to hang out and eventually bring the game back into the picture.  Or you find a game you like, then suddenly the devs have to switch things around out of nowhere, or something else goes wrong, and it's time to move on.

I just want to play my game and have fun already.

I'm with you.  I'm strongly introverted and been married to a 100% extrovert for 6 years (living together for 10).  I have two kids, 6 and 2, who are also really clingy.  I've worked in an office for 3 1/2 years where I don't even get a cubicle.  I'm ready to lock myself in a closet for a couple decades.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18608 on: December 18, 2010, 04:42:51 am »

Onco did not go well. It did not go horrible either, I think I did fairly well the multiple choice test, but in  the ten short questions (30% of the final mark) were godawful. I only answered decently three. Another three I answered fairly meh-ly, in another one I gave such a general answer that I doubt it will count as a hit, and left two empty.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18609 on: December 18, 2010, 05:47:23 am »

The snow is more or less ruined now, damn rain, only a bit left on cars that haven't moved :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #18610 on: December 18, 2010, 06:52:13 am »

Old man penis in Amnesia: The Dark Decent. D:
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18611 on: December 18, 2010, 07:18:59 am »

Old man penis in Amnesia: The Dark Decent. D:

I know it made you sad, but I'm sorry, I lol'd.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18612 on: December 18, 2010, 08:42:02 am »

I have a REALLY bad feeling I'm going to say something stupid and get myself banned from this forum.

My foot is often stuck in my mouth. (Not literally)
You're probably fine as long as it isn't too offensive.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18613 on: December 18, 2010, 11:54:15 am »

I'm looking over all the art resources I've saved over the years, getting all inspired and pumped and ready to get some work done, when that familiar feeling returns to my gut. I'll work on it tomorrow. Well why can't I do it now? It's late, and I'm not feeling it now. Just promise me we'll work on it in the morning. Sure thing.

And it never comes. Ever. This crap has been haunting me for years, and I can't just let it get to me. If I don't overcome this the winter break will just be me sitting at my computer wasting my time. I have like two projects I want to do, and every time I think about them I think of all possible prerequisites I have to do to start and think I'll do it later, which always drives me away and ruins all plans.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18614 on: December 18, 2010, 12:00:59 pm »

That thing is even worse then that hugs and kisses elemental.
[/post]
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 8168