Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499213 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18585 on: December 17, 2010, 07:13:05 pm »

I get the feeling that Pokemon training is kind of like professional wrestling, and that you and Gary are the only people in the world who don't get the joke.

So we're the hardcore In It To Win It jackasses at a worldwide LARP convention.  Just trashing everyone else's party, so we can hold up the trophy for a game no one is supposed to actually be trying to win.

That actually sounds remarkably intentional.
Let's say it together now, Be be aggressive!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18586 on: December 17, 2010, 07:13:42 pm »

Those pictures are creepy.  Want more!

We have a thread.  The source material is here.

Not entirely sure why it came to mind aside from the obvious:  alone at night is always the best time for creepypasta.

Just stumbled across the concept of creepypasta a couple months ago.  Thank you again tvtropes!  Most of the stuff I've found online is pretty forgettable, though.  I'll definitely be checking this out.  Know any other good creepypasta/related stuff?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18587 on: December 17, 2010, 07:18:54 pm »

Just stumbled across the concept of creepypasta a couple months ago.  Thank you again tvtropes!  Most of the stuff I've found online is pretty forgettable, though.  I'll definitely be checking this out.  Know any other good creepypasta/related stuff?

I never bothered before MSH made that thread, and I still haven't checked anything out besides Slendy (pretty much all the good stuff is linked in MSH's OP) and the Rake.  Still, fun stuff.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:20:51 pm by Earthquake Damage »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18588 on: December 17, 2010, 07:30:01 pm »

Hopy shit, you guys have opened my eyes.  Ash and Gary are the obligatory TourneyTards at every party where people are playing Brawl.
Shoes...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18589 on: December 17, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »

I can't see any pictures :(
Aw, don't worry, it's okay.

They can still see you just fine.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18590 on: December 17, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »

Hopy shit, you guys have opened my eyes.  Ash and Gary are the obligatory TourneyTards at every party where people are playing Brawl.

NO ITEMS
VULPIX ONLY
FINAL ROAD
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18591 on: December 17, 2010, 08:50:34 pm »

Deathwatch makes me sad.  It starts like two hours ago and I still have no material.  I always kind of expected this would happen, that thread is like three months old and seeing it suddenly swarm with activity is like seeing your dead lover return to life after you've moved on and found someone else.  I'm not saying it's dead or anything, I'll see what I can come up with, but for the grand framework I've got for the next mission I've hit a roadblock in the actual implementation.

Making things worse is that my brain has become a veritable font of cool ideas for a completely different campaign.

Like, what if your average generic fantasy kingdom suddenly experienced some kind of massive astral conjunction, resulting in huge planar rifts to the Abyss and 9 Hells to pop up all over the world.  Demonic and Diabolic Warhosts pour through and within a matter of months civilization is swept aside and the campaign setting is turned into a blasted hellscape, just one more front for the Blood War.  Buuuut, one lucky city's circle of mages gets their shit together and erects a magic dome encompassing some 50-100 miles around their capital.  The dome keeps the bad guys out, and life goes on semi-normally, the bubble being large enough for the city and surrounding villages to be self-sufficient.  This goes on for a few hundred years, with elite organizations being formed to maintain the barrier and deal with isolated incursions.  The players would be members of one of these organizations, with missions ranging from taking out cults, killing lone demons that manage to slip through the barrier, moving on at the higher tiers (It would be a 4e setting) to leaving the barrier and clearing out areas to expand the sphere, fighting more powerful demons and, getting to the epic levels, heading deep into enemy territory and even leaving the material plane to search for a means of banishing the demons for good.  It'd be awesome, but thinking about it makes me guilty because I should be thinking up cool stuff for Deathwatch.
Shoes...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18592 on: December 17, 2010, 08:56:37 pm »

My coworker's contract is up early next week.  That makes me sad; for all his loud coffee-slurping he was a pretty nice guy.

For some reason it feels like I totally wrenched my thumb.  Ow.  Still hurts after a couple days.

I have the 23rd and 24th off.  I don't want them off, because I don't get paid vacation and I'm not allowed to come in anyway; it feels like I'm getting punished or something.  I could really use the money and I wasn't planning to celebrate, especially on the 23rd.

Now that I'm old enough to afford any video game I want, I don't have the time to play them all.  Civ 5?  Minecraft?  Sure!  I would LOVE to sink a few days into them.  But I can't, there's too many other hobbies to do!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18593 on: December 17, 2010, 08:58:34 pm »

Making things worse is that my brain has become a veritable font of cool ideas for a completely different campaign.

This is exactly what happens to every GM.  I was honestly relieved when I realized my Kobold GURPS game had to die, because I had no idea what else to do with it, and every idea for doing everything else in the world.

As for your World Asunder setting, use in for Deathwatch.  Forget about the Inquisition part, and just make badass Space Marines (or Rogue Traders or whatever) kung fu kicking their way through a living Hellscape.  Hell, I had that exact idea for a Rogue Trader setting like a year ago, the last time we all went through "where doin this man" syndrome.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18594 on: December 17, 2010, 09:15:50 pm »

Most of my local friends are out of town, and all my West Coast friends haven't arrived yet.  Except for the cats, I'm all alone in this giant house, with naught but apple cider and blackstrap rum to comfort me.

On the plus side, I'll stay busy.  Mirror frame to paint and hang, scrap wood to cut into boards to make shelves out of, maybe drafting my lamp mobile thing if I feel adventurous.  And there's always videogames to catch up on!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:19:10 pm by Footkerchief »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18595 on: December 17, 2010, 09:22:16 pm »

This is exactly what happens to every GM.  I was honestly relieved when I realized my Kobold GURPS game had to die, because I had no idea what else to do with it, and every idea for doing everything else in the world.

As for your World Asunder setting, use in for Deathwatch.  Forget about the Inquisition part, and just make badass Space Marines (or Rogue Traders or whatever) kung fu kicking their way through a living Hellscape.  Hell, I had that exact idea for a Rogue Trader setting like a year ago, the last time we all went through "where doin this man" syndrome.

I dunno, I'd rather it be fantasy.
Shoes...

Urist McMalaclypse

• Bay Watcher
  • Physician of Philosophy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18596 on: December 17, 2010, 09:48:57 pm »

So, I found out today that I'm being brightsized due to funding reallocation. Merry Christmas indeed.

I'm not worried about food/housing/whatever for the immediate future, but damned if this won't sting. All the time I need to play DF, and not quite enough spare change to get the faster build I've been planning... either I find something soon, or I'm stuck with single-digit FPS for the foreseeable future.
After a long time of fleeing unsuccessfully, she did what any cornered dwarf would do:  she sucker punched her own baby and then kept running.
Good god man, cats training cats? That's like how every robot apocalypse starts. But with cats.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18597 on: December 17, 2010, 09:53:11 pm »

So, I found out today that I'm being brightsized due to funding reallocation. Merry Christmas indeed.

what does that mean?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Urist McMalaclypse

• Bay Watcher
  • Physician of Philosophy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18598 on: December 17, 2010, 09:59:13 pm »

brightsized

what does that mean?
It's part of the Dilbert Progression of Inversely Proportional Euphemisms. Observe:

Fired > Sacked > Downsized > Rightsized > Brightsized > Orgasmsized
After a long time of fleeing unsuccessfully, she did what any cornered dwarf would do:  she sucker punched her own baby and then kept running.
Good god man, cats training cats? That's like how every robot apocalypse starts. But with cats.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18599 on: December 17, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »

I be sad I can't think of anything I want to do because I'm too interested in something I don't have yet.
:-[
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 ... 8168